Status: I'll try and post as much as I can (:

O Captain, My Captain.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Wow," Tom admired the picture in front of him. "This is really something."

He was staring intently at the still-shot of Sidney raising Lord Stanley from when the team won the Cup in 2009 on the wall that led to the Penguins locker room. The same one that Aubrey loved to look at every day when she came in for work. It was the perfect depiction of what the playoffs were all about: handwork and dedication. Not to mention Sid looked hot as hell photographed with all of hockey's most prized possession.

"It was definitely a defining moment in my career," Sidney did his best to hide the gigantic smile beginning to form on his face. "To say the least."

"I'll say," Tom said still gazing at the picture. "That game was...I can't even begin to describe it. And that's coming from a spectator's standpoint, I can't imagine actually playing in it."

"Yeah," Sid sighed. "It was truly special. It's hard to imagine that it actually happened sometimes. You dream about winning the Stanley Cup ever since you were a little kid and when it finally happens, you don't know what to do. It's such a surreal feeling."

"Is it heavy?" Joyce interjected on the sentimental moment. "It looks heavy."

"35 pounds feels like nothing after everything you go through to get there," Sid replied.

"Well thank you for bringing the Cup back to the city," Tom patted Sidney on the back, fan-girling yet again. "Now let's hope you guys can bring it back again this year."

"We're gonna do just about everything we can, Tom," Sid smiled. "We've worked way too hard this year to not give it our best shot."

"I have no doubt that you guys will have another incredible post-season," Tom smiled. "And my little girl will get to be apart of it all."

"I can't wait," Aubrey beamed. "My gut feeling's telling me that we're gonna pull it off."

"Well with the best physical therapist in all of Pittsburgh, it'll be hard not to," Sid wrapped his arm around Aubrey's shoulders.

"Isn't that that sweet?" Joyce cocked her head to the side and cooed. "You two are absolutely adorable."

"Thanks, mom," Aubrey blushed.

Just then Aubrey felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. When she pulled it out, she checked the screen and noticed that the incoming call was from Chelsea.

"Chels is calling," Aubrey announced.

"Oh, she's up!" Joyce clapped. "Tell her to come meet us."

"I will," Aubrey said. "While I talk to her, why don't you have Sid show you guys around the locker room. It's pretty cool. Do you mind?"

"Not at all," Sid smiled. "Let's head on down."

"This is all so V.I.P.," Joyce sang as she followed her husband and Sidney down the hall and towards the locker room.

Aubrey rolled her eyes and slid down the wall taking a seat on the ground. "Well that didn't take long."

"I was knocked when you guys left, but James kept texting me so I couldn't stay asleep," Chelsea whined.

"Your life sounds sooooo hard," Aubrey said sarcastically.

"Shut up," Chelsea laughed. "After last night, I need all the sleep I can get. I'm fucking sore."

"Care to share?"

"Do you want the explicit or G-rated version?"

"Doesn't matter, nothing you say will ever surprise me," Aubrey joked.

"God, you make me sound like such a whore," Chelsea spat.

"Uhhh, need I remind you of your senior homecoming?" Aubrey argued.

"We promised to never go there ever again," Chelsea said defensively.

"Whatever. Who gives a shit about high school. What the hell happened with Nealer?"

"Aubs," Chelsea paused. "I can't...like, no...it was amazing. Like thinking about it just makes me wet."

"Yeah?" Aubrey stretched her legs out in front of her. "Was he that good?"

"Good and James Neal should never be used in the same sentence when talking about his boning abilities. That shit was mind-blowing. Like knew how to work me in all the right ways and everything. If only you knew how horny I am right now."

"I believe you," Aubrey giggled. "I just can't believe you actually slept with him, well I can, but it's like a dream come true for you."

"WHO are you tellin!?" Chelsea exclaimed. "But holy shit, last night was amazing."

"Wow," Aubrey sounded surprised. "Sounds like he lived up to whatever he was saying at dinner."

"Oh, that?" Chelsea asked. "That was just his way of trying to impress me. After like the second or third time we fucked, we had a really deep heart to heart. Turns out he's not as big of a womanizer as he portrays himself to be."

"James Neal?" Aubrey sounded skeptical. "Had a heart to heart? As in talked about meaningful stuff other than hockey and getting laid 24/7?"

"Turns out he doesn't sleep around as much as everyone thinks he does," Chelsea was quick to defend him. "He's actually really selective about who he takes home."

"Wow," Aubrey said. "Well congratulations I guess. What else did you guys talk about?"

"Oh ya know just stuff like favorite sex positions, role playing, you, the meaning of-." Chelsea was cut off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. ME!? I came up in conversation while you two were having sex?"

"Well not during sex but in between rounds," Chelsea said casually.

"Why the fuck were you guys talking about me?"

"I don't know. I think we were on the subject of Sidney and somehow or another the conversation led to you. Relax. It wasn't anything bad," Chelsea tried to assure her. "It was kinda funny for a second though because I totally thought James had a thing for you."

"What?" Aubrey was stunned.

"Yeah. He was just saying how he was surprised Sidney was able to snag you considering you two are such polar opposites. He's all serious and you're a free-spirit. Blah, blah, blah."

Aubrey racked her brain back to a couple days ago when she was initially telling him about her sister in the first place. It was the same day that he had told her that a couple of the guys had always had a thing for her but were never quite sure how to broach the subject. She was still in disbelief that he had said that, not quite knowing exactly how to react to being told that a handful of attractive hockey players wanted to get acquainted with her in more ways than one. She still hadn't fully accepted the fact that she and Sid were dating so to hear all that came as a bit of a surprise. 'Was he secretly referring to himself?' she thought to herself. Surely to god he couldn't have been. Nealer was one of the most forward people she knew. He always spoke whatever was on his mind no matter the repercussions. But if all of what Chelsea is saying was true, who the hell knew?

"Aubs?" Chelsea broke her sister's train of thought. "Quit thinking about it. He made it very, VERY clear who he has a thing for."

"Sorry," Aubrey apologized. "So Sid said you and Nealer made plans to get together next weekend?"

"We sure did," Aubrey could practically see Chelsea smiling through the phone.

"You really do like him don't you?"

"Everything's so different with him. He's like the perfect combination of blunt and sincere. Does that make sense?"

"It makes perfect sense," Aubrey smiled when she saw her parents and Sid walking back down the hall towards her. "Well I'm happy for you. Sounds like you're gonna be spending a lot more time in the city."

"Yeah," Chelsea sighed. "We'll see how long things last before one of us fucks it up."

"Don't cut yourself so short just yet. He asked you to come down next weekend so that's a start."

"I guess you're right," Chelsea sounded a little more optimistic.

"Well I should probably get going. Sid's shown mom and dad all around Consol so I better go take them off his hands for a little bit," Aubrey stood up.

"Oh god I bet dad fan-girled so hard," Chelsea laughed. "Go rescue your boyfriend."

"I'm on it," Aubrey said. "I'll text you when we figure out where we're going to dinner."

"Perfect. Later."

"Later."

As soon as Aubrey ended the call, she walked over to where Sid and her parents were standing and wrapped her arms around Sid's firm waist. "Are you guys ready for the next stop?"

"Ready!" both Tom and Joyce said in unison.

And just like that, they were off to explore the city some more.