Status: I'll try and post as much as I can (:

O Captain, My Captain.

Chapter Thirty-Two

"Soooooo?" Aubrey cooed into the receiver of her iPhone.

"So what?" Chelsea said flatly.

She was in the middle of grading some last minute extra credit assignments for her class when her phone started to ring. As soon as she saw her baby sister's face pop up on the incoming call, she could only imagine what she was calling to talk about: James.

"Aren't you excited about this weekend?" Aubrey pouted on her end.

"Ohhhhh is THAT why you're calling?" Chelsea said sarcastically.

"I mean why else would I call?" Aubrey sounded confused.

"Oh I don't know maybe to tell me that you FINALLY did the deed and fucked your outrageously attractive boyfriend!?" Chelsea exclaimed.

"How do you know about that?" Aubrey asked sounding surprised, momentarily forgetting that Nealer and Sid were teammates who sometimes liked to gossip.

"A little birdie told me that Sidney was bragging about it at practice today," Chelsea rummaged around her desk in hopes of finding another red grading pen.

"Oh jeez," Aubrey sounded embarrassed. "Bragging?"

"Something like that," Chelsea said. "I figured as much. Nick always said how wild you were in bed."

"Really?" Aubrey sounded unamused. "Of all the times to talk about Nick, you pick now?"

"Sorry, sorry," Chelsea said apologetically. "But I mean we were best friends at one point and we did do our fair share of talking about you, so naturally I wondered what you were like in the sack."

"In the sack?" Aubrey tried to contain her laughter.

"Yeah," Chelsea said matter-of-factly. "He said you were a lady on the streets but a freak in the sheets."

"Jesus Christ," Aubrey groaned. "There's a nice Usher throwback for ya."

"Absolutely," Chelsea mumbled. "You know I said him the other day."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Chelsea drew a giant 'A' at the top of one of the assignments.

"What was he doing back home?"

"He moved back."

"Since when?"

"Like a month or two after you guys broke up. Shit really hit the fan with him after you gave him your ring back. He had to transfer out of OSU because his grades were so bad."

"You never told me any of this," Aubrey argued.

"You wanted nothing to do with him so I never brought it up," Chelsea shot back defensively.

"Whatever," Aubrey spat. "He deserves every bit of bad karma that gets thrown his way."

The line went quiet for a moment as the two thought about what to say next. Nick wasn't a regular topic of discussion especially since it had been awhile since he and Aubrey had called it quits. It was as if Chelsea was waiting until her sister was at a good place in her relationship before she threw her ex boyfriend in her face.

"He asked about you..." Chelsea said softly, finally breaking the silence.

"Did he now?" Aubrey groaned. "What could that asshole possibly have wanted to know?"

"Just how you were. I told him you were seeing someone," Chelsea trailed off.

"You didn't," Aubrey sounded mortified.

"Relax, Aubs," Chelsea reassured her. "I didn't tell him WHO you were seeing, I just told him it was just some guy who lives in Pittsburgh."

"Jesus, Chels," Aubrey let out a sigh of relief. "Way to give me a fucking heart attack. He would've flipped if he found out I was dating Sid."

"I know, I know," Chelsea said knowingly. "I'm sorry I even said anything."

The line fell quiet again as the two regained their thoughts. Aubrey was fuming. Just the mention of Nick's name made her entire body cringe with all the hatred she had towards him.

"But to answer your question, I'm stoked for this weekend," Chelsea broke the silence again.

"What?" Aubrey was snapped out of her anger.

"You asked me if I was excited for this weekend and my answer is yes. I'm really fucking excited to see James again."

"You two really hit it off, huh?" Aubrey asked, her tone now softening. "I mean I knew you would but I didn't think it would turn into anything this serious so soon."

"It's crazy, right?"

"Kinda," Aubrey shrugged. "But I'm happy it's working out...so far."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean!?" Chelsea laughed.

"You two don't have the cleanest track records," Aubrey giggled. "But it works for you guys."

"I told you James doesn't get around as much you think he does," Chelsea defended him.

"And I still find that really fucking hard to believe," Aubrey snapped. "James Neal and women are like peanut butter and jelly. They go hand and hand."

"Wellllll I'm still taking his word for it," Chelsea said.

"Nobody's stoppin ya."

"So give me the dirty details," Chelsea suddenly changed the topic.

"The dirty details to what?"

"On a scale of one to ten, how good is Sidney Crosby at boning? I feel like between his body of steel and his stick-handling skills, it'd be anything short of memorable," Chelsea said.

"You have noooo idea," Aubrey sighed. "To be honest it's all I've been thinking about lately."

"Yeah?" Chelsea asked. "Why did it take so long to happen in the first place? You guys have been dating for like ever."

"A couple months is not a long time and I already told you. We wanted to take things slow before we did anything like that."

"You guys are like an old married couple," Chelsea yawned. "I would've hit that a LONG time ago."

"Let's just say it was worth the wait," Aubrey said with a hint of mischief.

"Is that so?"

"Yesssss," Aubrey exclaimed.

"I need details, Aubs!" Chelsea whined.

"Sorry, Chels," Aubrey smiled smugly as if her sister could see. "I don't fuck and tell."

"You're the god damn devil," Chelsea laughed. "I bet James is better though."

"Mmmmmmm," Aubrey hummed. "Nealer's too lanky. Sid's got a LOT to grab onto, if you know what I mean."

"I'm picking up what you're putting down," Chelsea agreed. "Hockey players, man. They really do live up to all the hype."

"It's because they all have incredible endurance," Aubrey stated. "Or so I'm assuming."

"No, no," Chelsea said. "I completely agree. James could go for HOURS."

"Same with Sid!" Aubrey exclaimed.

"I don't know how we did it, Aubs, but we lucked out."

Aubrey wore a smile that was mile-wide. Just thinking about the good fortune of both she and her sister was enough to mentally make her want to do a happy dance. As much as she and Chelsea loved to agree to disagree, she was happy that they could share this new-found bond with one another.

"We sure did," Aubrey grinned. "We sure did."
♠ ♠ ♠
There's gonna be a surprise in the next chapter so as always, let me know what you guys think!