Status: I'll try and post as much as I can (:

O Captain, My Captain.

Chapter Nine

"Aubs."

No response.

"Aubs!" Sidney whispered a little louder this time. "Come on we gotta get up."

Aubrey's eyes slowly fluttered open as she sleepily took in her surroundings. The lavish foyer that they had been standing in last night was now replaced by deep beige walls complimented by heavy oak furniture that was strategically spread out throughout the room. Several framed jerseys all with the number 87 were hung up on the walls, some dating back to Sidney's early hockey career. Then it finally hit her. She was in Sid's bedroom in his bed. Had they already broken the promise that they vowed to keep? Slowly, she lifted the soft white down blanket to reveal her fully clothed body, except these clothes didn't belong to her. She was dressed in an oversized long-sleeved Penguins shirt accompanied by some baggy sweatpants. 'How did I wind up in his clothes?' she thought. 'Where are my clothes?'

"It's not what it looks like," Sid said answering her already pending questions.

"Oh," she smiled. "I was about to say."

"You thought we already broke our promise didn't you?"

"Guilty," she blushed. "But why am I in your clothes?"

"Too much to drink last night?"

"Wait...we drank last night?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. We killed about two bottles of wine, or should I say you did," he smirked.

"Oh god," she buried her face in her hands. "How big of a shit show was it? Wait don't tell me. I don't wanna know."

"It wasn't a shit show at all. I was rather impressed actually. I've never met a girl who can outdrink me," he reassured her.

"So it wasn't a shit show? Like I didn't get sick everywhere?"

"Noooo. After the second bottle you got pretty sleepy so you just went to bed. I wasn't about to let you sleep in your work clothes hence the fact you're wearing mine."

"Well if there's one thing Pitt taught me, it was to handle my liquor. Not a bad skill to have I guess," she joked. "But we seriously didn't do anything else right?"

"Unless cuddling wasn't part of the agreement, then no," he said. "Although spooning with you was a struggle."

Aubrey blushed as soon as the words left his mouth. She knew exactly what he was referring to and she couldn't bring herself to look at him.

"I like being big spoon, jeez. Why is that such a problem?" she laughed.

"Clearly. And because it's weird. It was like I was giving you a piggyback ride lying down."

"Wait you let me be big spoon!?" her eyes perked up and met his gaze.

"I didn't have a choice," he peered down at her. "You wouldn't budge!"

Aubrey couldn't help but laugh at some of the sentences that were coming out of their mouths. Who would've thought that she'd be sitting in Sidney Crosby's bedroom in his clothes arguing about who got to be big spoon last night? Again, it was all too much for her to handle. 'He's perfect', she thought.

"But we should get going soon. Morning skate's in less than an hour and you still need to get changed," he said in all seriousness, her train of thought coming to a halt.

"You mean I can't go in this?" she raised her arms to show how big his shirt was on her.

"I mean I'm not going to argue and say that you don't look incredibly adorable in my clothes," he said. "But I don't think the rest of the team would find it as cute."

"Not very professional, huh?"

"Hate to break it to you, Aubs, but no."

"Damn. And I was really looking forward to having a comfy day," she got up and walked over to the dresser where her clothes were neatly folded on top. "I'm gonna look pretty suspect though walking in in the same clothes I had on last night."

"Aubs, they're all dudes. Guys don't notice those kinds of things unless you're Tanger. He has such a keen fashion sense," he snickered.

"Hmmmm," she tapped her finger on her chin. "I guess you're right."

"If anything they'll compliment you on how nice you look today."

"Good point."

"Then that settles it," he stood up. "While you get dressed, how about I make us a quick breakfast. What sounds good?"

"Hmmmm. Scrambled eggs with cheese sound pretty good."

"I like it, quick and easy yet somewhat nutritious," he said before hurrying down the steps and into the kitchen.

Sidney whipped up the eggs pretty fast and breakfast took all of but five minutes to eat. As soon as they put their plates in the sink, Aubrey grabbed her coat off the coat rack in his laundry room and Sidney grabbed the keys to his Range Rover.

"Pretty successful first time hanging out if I do say so myself," he gleamed holding the laundry room door open for her.

He pressed a button on the side of the wall and the garage door hummed to life, revealing a fresh layer of snow that covered his driveway. As he slid into the drivers seat of his car, he reached across the center console to open the passenger door for Aubrey.

"Thanks," she said lightly plopping down in the seat as she reached over to buckle her seatbelt. "And I would have to agree. From what I can remember, I had a pretty good time."

"Good," he patted her leg. "Hopefully we can do this more often."

She looked up at him and smiled as he threw the car into reverse and backed out of his driveway. As they drove down the street, she admired the long row of giant, modest houses again, wondering how anyone in their right mind could afford something so fancy, let alone live by themselves in one.

It only took about 15 minutes to get to the rink and as they pulled into the player/personnel parking garage, Aubrey noticed that they had arrived before everyone. 'Probably a good thing right?' she thought to herself.

"Looks like we beat the crowd," he read her mind, putting the car in park.

"I think you're right," she said unbuckling her seatbelt and walking around to the trunk to help Sid with some of his gear.

She checked the time on her phone and it read 8:47 a.m. 'Weird', she thought. 'Where is everyone?' Then it finally clicked with her. There was no morning skate. It was an off day for everyone and Sidney had something hiding up his sleeve. She just couldn't place her finger on what.