Status: Couldn't help it

Killer

no matter what

It only took fifteen minutes of sitting in his cell before the guard came by, telling Sidney his bail had been paid. He stood, following the hulking figure before him, grabbing his things before headed out to the front desk where his team, coach, and most importantly Annie, were waiting for him. She ran over immediately, and Sidney dropped everything to the ground before gripping her tightly in his arms, burying his face in the curve of her neck.

“Sidney, I’m so sorry.” She whimpered, her tears beginning to soak through his thin shirt. “I never meant to actually say it, it just slipped out and I didn’t know what I was doing and-” He pulled back, silencing her with a small kiss before running a hand through her hair.

“You were wonderful Annie.” He promised. “I don’t know a lot of people who could do what you did.” He kept her under his arm as he approached his team, receiving various handshakes and pats on the back. Finally he was faced with Dan, who sighed and folded his arms tightly over his chest.

“The league is waiting for the outcome of the trail before they decide if you can come back.” He said. “I tried to reason with them but, with all the bad press all I could get was a suspension.”

“Thank you.” Sidney said, shaking his hand. Dan shook back, keeping his eyes with those of his young captain.

“Ollie and I will be at the trail whenever we don’t have a game-” Beau Bennett started, but Sidney raised a hand.

“You guys focus on the season. I’ll be fine.” I insisted. He then turned to Annie, letting out a long sigh. “We both will be.” There was a short silence, letting Sidney hear the roar of the reporters outside. He just tightened his grip on Annie, looking down at her. “You ready?”

“Yeah.” She murmured. He nodded, the team silently understanding he needed their help and forming a circle around him and Annie before headed outside. Sidney kept her head down, fighting his way through the mob where a car was waiting for them. Geno threw a few cameramen out of the way before opening it for them, helping the pair inside before shutting the door and signaling for the driver to go.

As the car sped off Annie just stayed curled into Sidney, never wanting his warm skin to leave hers. They both knew what would happen when they went back to her apartment, that Sidney wanted to keep his promise and she wanted to remember why she said those three little words in court that day. She had to admit she was nervous, remembering how perfectly built the handsome man holding her was. She wasn’t a virgin, but she’d only had sex because of a summer fling with an older boy when she was a counselor at Rylie’s goalie camp.

It had been years since then, and she was worried she was going to be terrible, but she knew Sidney wouldn’t care. So as the car pulled up to her building and Sidney let her out, she just tried to think of how beautiful it was going to be instead of her nerves. She curled into his chest, letting him keep his arm around her as they made their way inside, the door causing butterflies to erupt in both their stomachs. She turned to him, standing on her toes and kissing him softly, but as she pulled away he sighed.

“Annie, I hope you know that I really do care about you.” He murmured. “More than anything.” He reached out, running his fingers through her hair, which was still perfectly curled from the trail. He thought she looked stunning in heels and a professional looking blouse and skirt, her makeup simple. “I don’t just want you for sex, I want to be with you. I want to wake up to you and see you before I fall asleep.” He stopped pressing his forehead to hers. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She swore. “I don’t know anyone else who would have done what you have, who could have supported me like this. I don’t know what I’d do without you Sidney.” She licked her lips nervously, her eyes moving to his chest before meeting his again. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“I can’t think of anything I would want more.” He murmured. With that he leaned down, pressing his lips softly to hers. As he pulled away she wrapped her arms around his neck, looking into his eyes.

“Sidney, please, make love to me.” She whispered. He nodded, kissing her again before picking her up into his strong arms and taking her into her bedroom. Her lips melted into his as she gripped him tightly, her fingers moving through his hair. He set her down gently, slipping off her shoes as he kissed her ankles tenderly. She just watched him as he slowly crawled over her, his eyes not leaving hers for a moment before he pressed his lips to her collarbone. His hands moved around to her back, easing down the zipper on her skirt before sliding it down and off.

Her breath caught in her throat as his hands moved so softly back up her legs to the hem of her shirt, reaching for the first button, but she set her hand over his, stopping him. She reached out, grabbing the bottom of his shirt and pulling it softly over his head. She marveled at him, how beautiful he was as he just looked at her so lovingly. Her heart was racing as he leaned down, kissing her gently before his hands touched her blouse softly, asking permission. She nodded, reaching for his belt as he began slowly, teasingly, undoing each and every button. Her fingers moving slowly as she pulled down the zipper on his jeans before sliding the material to the floor.

He supported her back to take off her shirt, his eyes taking in the woman below him with awe. She was so lovely it was making his head spin as he kissed her again, taking his time with her skin before his hands finally moved to her bra clasp, freeing her breasts from it. He let his kisses move down her chest, being gentle and just wanting the moment to last forever as she whispered his name, her fingers knotting themselves in his hair. “Sidney.” She breathed.

“I love you Annie.” He whispered, his words rolling over her sensitive skin. He then looked up at her, his fingers on the hem of her panties. She reached out, positioning her hands on his boxers before they both let out a nervous breath. With one quick tug, they revealed themselves to the other, Sidney unable to control himself anymore as he gripped her tightly to him, kissing her neck.

“Are you ready?” He asked. She nodded, gripping his back to brace herself, knowing it was probably going to hurt.

“Please.” She whispered. He just kissed her temple before gently pushing into her, feeling her back arch into him as she whimpered. He immediately started to worry when he saw her eyes close tight, her teeth gripping her bottom lips harshly. He went to pull out, knowing he was hurting her, but she opened her eyes, cradling his face in her hand. “It’s okay, it’s just been a while.”

“Are you sure? Annie, I don’t want to hurt you.” He murmured, his eyes staring deeply into hers.

“I’ll be okay Sidney, please. I need you.” He looked at her, nodding before he brought tem the rest of the way, his hips pressed against hers as he waited for her to adjust. He just kept kissing her, never wanting their lips to part before she pulled away, nodding to let him know she was ready. He sighed, kissing her again as he began moving, his hips gently rolling into hers as she whimpered into their kisses. “Oh God, Sidney.” She breathed. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He whispered, making sure to keep at a slow, gentle pace as his eyes never left hers. He had never felt so close to anyone before as their bodies seemed to fuse into one, her fingers gripping his shoulder blades as he held her hip in one hand, cradling her face in the other. Her eyes were starry, seeing nothing but his own as his name tumbled breathlessly from her lips over and over again. “I love you so much Annie.” He swore, kissing her cheek. “You’re so beautiful.”

“Sidney…” She whimpered. Her grip on his back tightened to the pain of pain before she collapsed, smiling dreamily as with only a few more rolls of his hips, Sidney joined her. He fell to the spot beside her, immediately pulling her into his chest and kissing the top of her head. They were quiet for a moment, trying to ignore the reality that would come back the moment they left this bed. The trial, the funeral, the press, all of it. It was suffocating, and Annie just tried to drown it out by nuzzling further into Sidney’s skin. “It’s not going to be easy for us, is it?” She whispered.

“No.” He admitted. He turned his head, looking into her eyes as he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. “But I’m not giving up.” She just looked at him, smiling softly at his promise.

“No matter what?” He smiled, kissing her softly before he let his words roll over her lips.

“No matter what.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!
Thank you all so much for sticking with me on this
I know it got a little dark sometimes
But they made it!
If you want, there's going to be a sequel about the trail and the funeral and all that
But if you want to leave it here, I understand
Much love to all of you, and I hope to see you again soon

oxoxoxoxoxoxox
Ashlee