Angels Among Us

Introduction

*Taemin POV*

I sat on the ledge of the building, looking out at the new sky. It was dawn, my favorite time of day. I loved the way the sky looked as it was waking up to a new day. It's one of the few things they don't have in Neverland. A new day.

Minho came up behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder. His chin-length hair blew a bit in the wind as he looked down at me.

"Come on. We should get going." He said.

"I never get to see the sun rise." I protested.

"We need to find Woo-Bin. He's probably passed out drunk somewhere." He said.

"That's his problem." I said, turning back to the sky. "We aren't his babysitters."

"Uh, yeah, we kinda are." Minho said.

I sighed. I knew he was right but just once, I wanted to have some time for myself. When Christian told us we were going to be working with Woo-Bin, I thought we were actually going to be working with him, not keeping him sober enough to make it through the day.

Woo-Bin had never taken being an angel very well. He had rejected it immediately. He had been an angel longer than us so I wasn't there to see it, but Christian said in the beginning, Woo-Bin had gone nuts. He tired to kill himself everyday until he realized he wouldn't die, that he was kinda already dead. He tried to become a demon but Christian scared him straight. When he discovered he could get drunk like a human, he just stuck to that as a way to cope. He mostly hide away from us. Everyday we had to go and find him again.

I got up and took one last look at the sky, before hoping of the ledge and onto the roof. I turned and began to walk down the stairs of the building with Minho behind me.

I knew that once we found Woo-Bin that we would have to take him back to Neverland. Neverland wasn't actually the Neverland from Peter Pan. I didn't know what it was actually called or if it had an actual name. The day we awoke after Christian made us angels, I asked him where we were. He had just looked at me, cigarette at his lips, and said "Neverland, kid." It was where all the angels and ones who made them resided. There is no God as far as I know and if there is one, it sure as hell isn't Christian. Christian told us there were angels, like me and Minho and Woo-Bin, and then there were Bosses. Bosses were the ones who made angels. They could somewhat control their angels but most of the time just treated them as their children. Christian used us as a connection to Earth. Bosses can't go to Earth, they have to stay in Neverland. Angels can go where ever they please. Christian wanted to find the one he was destined to protect so he used us to find her. His only rule was we couldn't find our destiny before he found his. If and angel or a Boss found the one they are made to protect, they can become human again. Christian wanted nothing more than to become human. So did we.

There is a bad part of being an angel. You have to deal with demons. Demons are not what the myths say they are. They're just like angels, made by someone to do their biding. There is no Devil and the ones who make them are called Masters. Demons are literally like slaves to the Masters. They do whatever they want, which is to make sure no one finds their destiny. Sometimes a demon is converted to an angel because a Boss claims them or they find the one they are destined for. An angel can also become a demon by giving themselves to a Master. Masters and demons don't want to find their destiny. You see, when you find the one you are made for, you are connected to them . There is no you anymore, it's only them. Your life becomes about protecting them. Demons are selfish.

All this information was thrust upon me the day I awoke in Neverland with Minho. I was thankful it was him was turned with me bust also saddened. My best friend had to bare this curse with me. We were always looking for the ones we were made for. We knew we weren't supposed to know but Christian would never find out and Woo-Bin was never sober enough to remember us telling him about it. We would be human again. We would live the lives we were supposed to.

I sighed as we reached the street. "Let's go get him." I said.

Minho placed his arm around my shoulder and we went off in search of out comrade.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is my first story on here and my first SHINee story. please let me know if you like it!