Status: moved here from quizilla.

Bella

twelve

I inhaled and exhaled through my nose. I slept for a few hours; the digital clock on Acel’s dresser read eighty thirty. His head was on my torso and his arms were locked around my waist. I blinked my eyes, attempting to get rid of the unsettling feeling I felt in my stomach. I had over-eaten the night before, which was a fact. It had been around two weeks since I’d eaten a meal that large and it wasn’t sitting well with me.

I used my left hand to nudge Acel’s shoulder. When he didn’t awaken, I sighed and twisted my fingers in his hair, tugging on the strands lightly. His arms around me tightened and I whimpered lightly. “Acel, please, get up. That hurts,” I pleaded, lightly. Immediately, his arms loosened and green eyes looked up at me.

“I apologize. It’s just, the last time someone pulled my hair like that, it was in a pitiful attempt throw me off.” He slipped a hand under my sweatshirt and placed a hand on my stomach, rubbing his hand across it. “I promise that I had no intentions of hurting you, Bella.”

I smiled softly and ran my fingers through his hair. “It’s fine. It was my fault,” I reassured him. “I’m curious as to why you can’t seem to stay away from me.”

He didn’t meet my eyes as his spoke. “For one, you’re beautiful. I like your demeanor and you’re attitude. I like your brutal honesty. You have a bold character and your own faults that make up Bella Davis. I think you’re relatively special.”

“I’m nothing special,” I corrected. “I’m just a boring— and stupid, as Emory tends to believe—ole’ blonde. The only thing odd about me is the fact that I despise humans and the fact that my blonde hair is nearly white.” Acel looked at me and reached an arm out, putting a finger to my lips.

“Hush. You shouldn’t lie to yourself the way you do, Bella. You’re quite fascinating.” Acel pushed placed his hands on either side of me and pushed himself up, sitting up on his bed. His hair was a big chaotic frenzy of brunette strands and his breathing was steady. He sat on the edge of his bed, the blanket still strewn over the lower half of his body, looking back at me. “Get up. I’m sure you’re hungry.”

I shook my head and sat up, as well, pressing my back flat against his headboard. “I think I’ll disagree. I’m not hungry.” Acel narrowed his eyes at me. “I assure you that I’m not hungry.”

“You’re eating, anyway. It’s not good to starve yourself.” I looked down at my stomach and lifted my shirt halfway, poking and jabbing at my skin with my index fingers. “Bella, stop that. Don’t be ridiculous.” He stood up, the blanket dragging and falling onto the floor. I pulled my knees into my chest and the sudden wintry. The only thing he wore was a pair of black and white boxer briefs. Acel walked around the bed to where I sat and stared at me, before bending down and pecking at my lips quickly. He picked up a pair of sweatpants off of the floor and slid them off before heading to the door. “Come on, now. Breakfast isn’t going to cook itself.”

I stood up and ran after him, pulling on the edge of his sweatpants to bring him back to me. I failed and we tumbled over each other clumsily in the hallway. My head hit the ground harshly before my body collided with Acel’s. I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut, rubbing my forehead. “That’s going to leave a bruise,” I breathed out. “Just think about how fun it’ll be when I explain this to my parents.” I repositioned myself and placed my head in the crook of Acel’s neck. “My tummy hurts.”

“Keep eating regularly and you’ll be absolutely fine.”