Status: moved here from quizilla.

Bella

twenty

“I’m disappointed in you. Of all the things you could have chosen, you choose to take a blade to the wrist.” We were in the bathtub, with only a light layer of bubbles to separate us. Acel was holding onto my arm, examining my wrists. “Please, never feel like you have to hurt yourself. One day, you could slip up and go to deep, and you’d put your family through the trouble of finding you lifeless in a puddle of blood.”

I retrieved my arm and winced. It sounded much worst when he put it that way. “Well, I’m sorry that I was empty. I wanted to feel something rather than nothing. I was tired of feeling like that. I just wanted to make sure I was still alive.”

“If you say so.” Acel grabbed the purple washcloth from the edge of the tub and squirted body washed on it. He wet the towel and lathered the soap before pulling me close again. “Be still. I’m going to try to wash you up without seeming like a creeper.” I smiled softly and the towel my contact with my skin, scrubbing me gently.

“I’m sure I know how to wash myself,” I pointed out. “I’ve been doing it for sixteen years.”

He shrugged and made his way through the bubbles, scooting closer to me. “I’m sure you can, but today I’m washing you.” I squealed like a newborn pig when I felt his leg touch mine. “Relax.” Acel sat behind me, washing my back and my shoulders. “I feel like I’m one of the oddest guys ever. Am I the only person that proposes to take a bath with his girlfriend?”

I stared at the faucet and dragged my finger along the contour of the knobs. “You’re the first guy that has ever asked me to take a bath with them. Other than that, I’m not quite sure.” Acel hummed a short note in response and I’d knew that he’d tilted his head to the side slightly in thought, even if I couldn’t see him. “I fancy you.”

“Fancy? Who even uses that word?” He chuckled and I tingled at the touch of his fingers grazing lightly against my back.

I snorted. “You used that word less than a few days ago. It was literally two days ago, after a month of us knowing each other, at the diner when you asked me to be your girlfriend. So, what do you mean, ‘Who even uses that word’?” The towel floated around to my end of the water and he wrapped soapy arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest. “I can feel your little friend on my back…”

He wedged his chin onto my shoulder and held me there. “Oh, grow up,” he joked, “Does it bother you?” I shrugged. “That’s just too bad because it’s not going anywhere. On the other hand, I know I use the word ‘fancy.’ I fancy that word.”

“You have such confusing logic.” I was beginning to see what Acel meant about being comfortable in your own body, as I felt more than comfortable. I closed my eye, feeling Acel lather soap through my hair. “I like the way your fingers feel.”

“I bet you do.” Acel laughed wholeheartedly. “Excuse my childishness, but that is hilarious. I know how you meant it, but that could be taken so many different ways.”

I sighed. “And you tell me to grow up…”

“Your hair is so soft. I just want to cut it off and glue it in mine.” I squealed and flailed my arms, splashing water around. “Hey, now, you’ve got to calm down. I’m kidding. I don’t think your hair would like nice on me.”

I reached back and took his hands out of my hair before turning around. I narrowed my eyes at him. “You’ve been really sprightly today. Is there a reason for your lively mood? I mean, you’ve went from getting naked in my room, proposing that I get naked, to taking a bath, to washing me up, to washing my hair, and then you say that you want to glue my hair to yours.”

He narrowed his eyes back at me, his green irises an array of different emeralds. “Of course there’s a reason for my lively mood. Don’t be dense, Bella. Now, come on, missy. We’ve been in the bathtub for about an hour and your fingers look like raisins.”

“But we didn’t grab any towels. What if—”

Acel cupped my face in his hands and squished my cheeks inward. “Be smarter than the bathtub. No one’s going to see you but me. And I’ve already seen everything. Simply get out of the tub, grab a towel on the way, and get dressed. It’s that simple.” He pecked my lips and got out of the tub, leaving me to let the water out.