Status: Currently Writing

Tic Tock

Music Class

Amy pulled her shirt over her head, getting ready for the morning. She hit herself on her chest hard with her fist, as she let out a small noise, sounding like a sniff.

This was normal, for her. To hit herself on the chest. To violently flick her neck backwards. To swear and curse loudly without knowing it. To scrunch her face up. This was her Tourettes doing to actions, not her.

Tourettes wasn't life threatening, nor was it little. It took a big role in Amy's life, making her unable to fit in with the normal people. When she was 11, she was diagnosed with this disorder. Ever since then.. Her life went downhill.

People say it gets better as you grow older, it starts to subside. Well it got worse. When she was 14, it was only vocal tics. At 17, she started to flick her neck. At 21, she did multiple different tics.

Amy thinks in her head that as it gets worse, it will start to go down.. Like anger. It builds up, but then slowly goes away.

Blinking rapidly for three seconds, she stood up from her bed. Walking over to her door, she brought her hand to her face and smacked herself. Then, she started to walk down the stairs as if nothing happened.

Amy doesn't know she does it. That is how she just can swear loudly, and act like nothing happened. She can guess when she does it, since the glares and stares from people tell her that she has done something wrong. Life sucked, for Amy... One thing, though, made her day worth living.

Music. Her music class. The bass guitar. Her music class, every Saturday morning, made her feel.. Normal. It was like she broke her barrier between herself and the world, feeling.. Human again.

That was where she was heading now. To her music class. To see all her friends. Her real friends. The ones like her, who feel separate from the real world.

Tucking her hair behind her ear, she blinked rapidly again. Wiping her eyes, she yawned before she grabbed her mirrored shades and hat, before she placed them on her head and walking out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want to know where I got the inspiration for this.. I actually have tourettes. It got worse about a year ago, I couldn't control shit anymore. But then, listening to music 24/7, I started to over come it. I've got something to say... No matter what you have, no matter what makes you different.. You better tell that little bugger who is boss.

OH MY GOSH THE FEELS I JUST GOT FROM WRITING THAT. :')