Status: Hiatus, sorry.

We’ll Be Young Forever

Ten.

To say Kellin was crushed after Vic’s confession would be saying little to nothing. He was devastated when he learnt about the oldest departure.

It turns out Vic was leaving after summer, just to explore the world since his plan had never been going to college and Kellin knew that, but he never thought it would happen so soon. The blue eyed boy thought it would happen a couple years later, when Vic had gathered more money.

But Vic's parents had surprised the eldest just a week before Kellin arrived to the Fuentes' house for Vic's graduation, and it's not like the mexican didn't plan on never telling Kellin but he figured the time would come eventually. Never imagining the youngest would confess his feelings just then.

Sighing, Vic shifted in his bed being careful not to wake the blue eyed boy that was sound asleep on his chest. He knew it would be hard for both of them to be apart for such a long time, and he knew how fragile the youngest could be.

He should've thought about that before planning on leaving, he should've thought about taking Kellin with him but it was too late then. He was leaving by the end of summer, just a week before Kellin and his family went back to Michigan and he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't know where they stood now that they had confessed their feelings to each other either but Vic wanted to make the most out of that summer anyway.

"You're frowning. Why?" He heard a groggy voice asking from his chest, when he looked down, he was met with Kellin's blue eyes staring at him intently. And although the youngest was still half asleep, Vic wouldn't deny he was still cute as fuck.

"I just." He sighed. "I'm sorry for leaving." He whispered with sad eyes, stroking Kellin's porcelain cheek with the back of his fingers, enjoying the softness running beneath his touch.

The youngest shifted so he would be laying on top of Vic, resting his head on the oldest chest and enjoying the soothing sound of his heartbeat. There was something about it that calmed Kellin down every time and he was definitely going to miss that but he couldn't force Vic to stay. It wasn't fair.

"It's okay you have to do what you have to do." The youngest sighed, holding tightly onto his best friend torso, burying his head in his neck and inhaling his scent as if he were trying to memorize it, too afraid it would fade away as soon as the oldest let go of him.

"I wish I could take you with me." Vic replied after a couple seconds of comfortable silence, his hand tracing patterns absentmindedly on his best friend's pale back.

"I wish I could go too." Kellin pouted, his voice getting muffled by Vic's neck. Eventually he pulled apart and stared into the mexican's eyes, noticing his sad demeanour and he did what he thought was best; placing his soft lips on top of Vic's, sighing in content when the oldest replied just as eagerly.

The kiss caused butterflies to erupt in both boy's stomachs, and Vic realized he had never felt that way with anybody else. He had never felt as if the whole world stopped whenever he kissed other boys and he liked it, he liked to think it was only Kellin and him. But sooner than he would’ve liked, he had to pull apart and get air in his lungs. However, when he saw Kellin’s adorable face adorned by a small blush on his pale cheeks and a small smile on his lips, he couldn’t help himself; pecking the youngest’s nose repeatedly.

Kellin giggled to the gesture, sighing in content. He loved waking up wrapped in Vic’s arms and that sense of security the oldest brought him. Maybe that was over said but it was the truth, he would never get tired of the oldest.

Finally convincing themselves to leave bed, both boys got up to have breakfast with the rest of the Fuentes' family since Kellin's family were missing still. They were getting there by the end of the week though.

Vic, who was sitting next to the blue eyed boy, placed his hand on top of Kellin's thigh to help him relax. The oldest could tell Kellin was tense just by observing how stiff his muscles were. And the youngest didn’t even know why he was so nervous, he had literally known the Fuentes since he was a baby, there was nothing to be scared of.

“So, how did last night go?” Mike asked staring at Vic and Kellin with a quirked eyebrow. That one question caught Victor and Vivian’s attention as well, both adults staring at the blushing teenagers sitting on the table.

Vic let go of the blue eyed boy’s thigh and settled for playing with the food on his plate instead. “It was fine.” He muttered while shrugging. Although Vivian could tell Kellin had came home slightly intoxicated the night before, she didn't say anything. She knew it must have been a first for him, but she definitely wouldn't let it happen again.

“So.” Mr. Fuentes cleared his throat. “Do you have any plans for today, guys?” He asked, completely changing the topic and earning a grateful smile from the oldest boy, which he returned warmly.

“Tony and Jaime want to go to the beach later this afternoon, so there’s that.” Mike answered instantly, his eyes shining with excitement. You see, going to the beach without parental supervision was something the Fuentes took seriously lately. There had been some incidents related to teenagers consuming alcohol that had them uneasy about letting their boys go near the sea by themselves, so Mike bringing up the topic was something important.

“What are you gonna do there?” Vivian asked carefully, her gaze searching her son’s face for any signs that let her know if he was up to something bad.

Mike shrugged. “We just wanted to go to the beach, it’s been a while since we’ve been there.” He said in a small voice, hoping their parents would trust them enough to let them go.

Sighing and deciding Mike was being honest enough with both of them, Vivian nodded. "Okay, just be careful and don't do anything stupid." She scolded, standing up from the table and collecting dirty dishes before disappearing behind the kitchen's door, her husband trailing right behind her.

"How come Tony and Jaime haven't told me anything?" Vic asked suspicious once their parents were out of earshot. Mike shrugged again, looking between Kellin and Vic, noticing how the blue eyed boy seemed to be specially quiet that morning but he wouldn't comment about it.

"They texted me this morning and I'm assuming your phone's been dead since last night." He answered calmly, getting ready to leave the table as well. "So are you coming too or what?" He asked standing by the stairs, staring at his brother and Kellin expectantly.

"Yes, we will come." The blue eyed boy spoke, startling Vic who had been thinking about the plans they had for that day. Vic turned to look at him questioningly. "Come on, Vic. It'll be fun." The youngest reasoned with his best friend.

Sighing, the oldest nodded and then turned to his brother. "But we'll see you there later. Kellin and I have some other plans for today." He said while getting up from his chair. "Hope you don't mind." Vic spoke instantly, staring at Mike with an apologetic smile.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll tell the guys we'll see you there then." The youngest brother answered with a nod before running up the stairs, leaving Kellin and Vic alone again.

"Since when do we have plans?" The blue eyed boy spoke, startling Vic who had been in deep thought before Kellin's voice interrupted him.

"Since I decided it five mins ago." The oldest teased, circling his arms around Kellin's waist when the youngest finally left his place on the table and was standing right in front of him. "Now come on, let's get ready." He said and turned on his heel, following his youngest brother's example and running to his room.

Before Kellin realized it, Vic had drove them both to downtown San Diego and he wouldn't complain. He loved California's sun soaking his pale skin, it was a nice change from his home state and he would make the best out of it while he could, like he would make the best out of Vic before he left.

Vic loved watching Kellin enjoy himself, he loved how the youngest's nose would crinkle when looking up at the sky, shielding his eyes from the sun. He loved when his blue eyes sparkled with interest while looking through CD rows in an old record store they had found earlier by casualty while roaming the city and he loved how a frown would etch on the youngest face when he caught a glimpse of any album he found interesting.

"Found anything you like?" He asked walking next to Kellin and looking down at the album the blue eyed boy had in his hands, coming to meet Disintegration by The Cure. The mexican smiled instantly, remembering when he first introduced the youngest to said band.

-


"Hey Kels, want to hear some music?" An eleven year old Vic asked the blue eyed boy who had been previously laying on his bed playing on his gameboy before the mexican walked in his room. It was a snowy day in Michigan and there was no way their parents would let them out to play so Kellin settled for nodding. "I bet you're gonna love them, they're awesome."

Fumbling with the CD player on his hands, Vic went to lay next to Kellin, handing the pale boy an earbud before hitting play; "Lovesong" instantly filling their ears. The youngest was amazed with Robert Smith and how well the instruments fit his voice. It was safe to say he had never heard anything like that before and he liked it. A lot.

And that's how both boys spent the rest of that snowy day, both of them on Kellin's bed, staring at the ceiling while that album played on repeat, the youngest of both of them falling in love with the band with each second passing. It was actually that kind of music that brought Kellin to his actual music taste and he loved that Vic and him had grown so close that they enjoyed the same kind, often recommending bands to each other.

-


"You know? This has been my favorite album ever." Kellin confessed, finally breaking away from his thoughts and looking back at Vic with a small blush on his cheeks. The eldest smiled and hugged the blue eyed boy sideways, kissing his temple and making the blush decorating Kellin's cheeks deepen.

Without saying another word, the oldest took the album out of Kellin's hold and walked them both to the register, where they met a boring looking guy with long brown hair.

"I'm taking this one, how much is it?" Vic asked, pulling a couple of bills out of his wallet.

The employee took the album in his hands and smiled, then looked back at the oldest. "It's a really good album, dude. It's gonna be eight dollars." Not wasting any more time, Vic handed the money immediately. "Here you go, man. Enjoy!" The stranger smiled, handing Vic the album.

"You didn't have to." Kellin whispered after both boys had left the store and were roaming downtown once again.

When Vic turned to look at his friend, he saw a small pout and a frown etched on Kellin's forehead, which made him stop and grip his pale chin between his fingers, forcing his blue eyes to meet his brown ones.

"But I wanted to." He smiled and let go of Kellin when he noticed a small blush creeping onto the youngest's cheeks. "Let's go, it's too hot and I'm hungry." He said cheerily, taking the blue eyed boy's hand on his own and dragging them both through the crowded streets.

"You're always hungry." The youngest laughed, but followed his friend still. It wasn’t like he had a choice anyway.

"Not true." Vic answered glaring playfully at his friend, who did nothing else but to roll his eyes and smirk. "Okay, maybe it is but we don't talk about that." He chuckled.

After walking down San Diego's busy streets, both boys were finally sitting inside an In-N-Out, eating cheese burgers and although Kellin thought Vic ate like he hadn't been fed for years, he wouldn't deny how much he loved the mexican's expressions. It was fun observing the way his eyes were deep in concentration and how he frowned when a piece of lettuce or any other ingredient fell off the burger.

“Stop staring, it’s rude.” Vic mumbled, never taking his gaze away from the burger in his hands. The statement had Kellin blushing, looking down at his own food instead and pretending that was all he had been doing all along.

“I wasn’t staring.” The blue eyed boy mumbled while he brought the soda to his lips. The eldest looked up just in time to see him struggle with his drink, the straw hitting Kellin’s cheek before he sucked on it and Vic couldn’t help but to let out a short chuckle.

“Of course you weren’t.” The eldest teased after swallowing the last bite of his food, crumbling the remaining papers and pushing the tray away from him. His brown eyes were locked on Kellin instead, taking in his pale features that were now decorated with a deep red, making his big blue eyes stand out more than usual.

“Whatever.” Kellin all but whispered, taking his phone out of his pocket and looking at the hour. “At what time did Mike say we were supposed to be at the beach?” He asked with a slight frown on his face.

“He didn’t say.” The eldest shrugged, taking a sip of his sofa before answering. His eyes roaming the place as if he were looking for someone.

“It’s quarter to five, Vic. We need to get going anyway.” Kellin answered, taking the last bite of his burger before doing the same as his best friend and crumpling the papers.

“Let’s go, then.” Vic answered, taking his best friend’s hand on his own and leaving the establishment in a hurry, not giving a damn about leaving the booth with trash scattered all over it.

Although Kellin was used to Vic holding his hand, he couldn’t hide the fact that his cheeks still burned bright red. It was ridiculous how giddy the oldest made him feel after what happened the night before and earlier that morning. And just like that his smile vanished. He didn’t know where they stood and that made him feel uneasy. He knew a long distance relationship was completely out of the picture, everyone knew they didn’t work. But he needed to know Vic’s feelings towards him, he needed to know if the oldest was taking him seriously or if he was just another stupid summer fling. He’d bring that up later, though.

With Pictures Of You blasting in Vic's car and the wind playing with the eldest’s hair, both boys made their way to Pacific beach. Kellin admired the way the sky looked, tinted with oranges and different pigments of red, but completely cloudless and the whole situation made him feel like nothing could go wrong. He was having fun with his best friend and nothing would ruin it that day. Sooner than they would’ve liked, Vic turned right and went straight to the shore, parking the car as close to the sea he could. After killing the ignition, the mexican walked out of the car, stretching his limbs and hearing the satisfying cracks of his joints when they fit in place.

When opening his eyes, he was met with Kellin's figure standing just a few feet away from where he was, so he decided to walk right to where the youngest was. When reaching Kellin, he noticed the blue eyed boy had his arms hugging his torso, his blue eyes closed while he enjoyed the sea's wind, letting it hit his face with a small smile placed on his lips and he decided to stand still where he was, just smiling to himself and thinking about how beautiful the pale boy was.

Kellin loved that moment, he loved how at peace he felt standing right there with the warm sand under his feet and how perfect the weather was. He loved getting that late to the beach because it wasn’t as hot as it was at midday, so his skin didn’t get sunburned. But suddenly doubts filled his head, making a frown to draw on his face almost instantly. When he opened his eyes, he was met with Vic’s face smiling at him and the youngest could feel his cheeks getting red.

“What’s bothering you so much?” The eldest asked once he had hugged Kellin from behind, his chin resting on top of the blue eyed boy’s shoulder and the smell of the mexican so close, making the raven haired boy hesitant.

“I just.” Kellin sighed. He turned in Vic’s arms, draping his arms around the oldest neck and playing with the ends of his hair. “What are we?” He whispered, cocking his head to the side and looking into Vic’s brown eyes innocently. Pure curiosity swimming in his iris.

“I don’t know.” Vic answered back, never looking away from his best friend’s big blue eyes. “What do you want us to be?” He asked, pecking Kellin’s soft lips and making the youngest blush.

“It’s clear we can’t date because you know.” The pale boy answered, his gaze lowering to his feet and Vic didn’t waste time taking Kellin’s chin between his fingers, forcing him to meet his eyes for the second time that day.

“Hey, don’t be sad.” He whispered, kissing Kellin again and pulling apart almost instantly. “But I can be only yours if you’re only mine.” Vic answered smiling, never looking away from Kellin, whose eyes lit up to the suggestion.

“That works just fine actually.” The blue eyed boy beamed, then bit his lip in thought. “Does that mean I can do this-” He pecked Vic’s lips with his own, then pulled away with a small smirk on his lips. “as much as I want?” He asked, his blue eyes sparkling.

The eldest laughed and let go of Kellin’s chin, his hold on the pale boy’s waist tightening instead. “Yes.” He answered and pressed a kiss of his own. “You can.”

“Good, because I’ve been wanting to do that all day long.” Kellin confessed, his lips hovering above Vic’s merely by millimeters before finally crashing his lips against his best friend’s.

The drunken kiss from the previous night was nothing compared to the one they shared this time. This time both boys were well aware of their body movements; Vic’s hands caressing Kellin’s sides while the blue eyed boy’s hands remained locked on the mexican’s neck, caressing the back of his neck and arising goosebumps at his touch. It was then that both of them realized how well they fit together.

Kellin had kissed only girls in the past, results of stupid dare or truth games he had played with the boys back home, and he couldn’t compare those with the gesture of affection that were Vic’s kisses. His best friend’s kisses were a little bit more rough and firm, and although they made him feel a bit girly, he also felt wanted and safe so he wouldn’t complain about that.

Eventually, they pulled away, but not completely; both of their foreheads resting together with closed eyes while both boys recovered their breath and enjoyed the moment.

“Promise you won't forget me?” Kellin whispered, breaking the comfortable silence that had fallen over them, making Vic’s eyes snap open and meeting Kellin’s turquoise eyes that were looking at him with a hint of concern in them.

The eldest smiled. “Promise.” Vic whispered back, a small smile playing on the corner of his lips still while his hand caressed the skin on his best friend’s cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been taking me too long to update but I literally didn't feel like writing this bc you know DYWATD is almost by the end and I've been wanting to update that and yeah. But I promise as soon as that is finished cry forever I'll update this more regularly.
I honestly don't know how many chapters this is gonna have so please just enjoy :)))