Status: Hiatus, sorry.

We’ll Be Young Forever

One.

Little brown curls bounced on top of the three year old’s head as he wandered around the huge house since he couldn’t go outside. It was snowing and as curious as he was about the snowflakes falling from the sky, his mom wouldn’t let him out arguing he would catch a cold. He couldn’t deny the fact he liked warmth better than cold and he missed San Diego a bit, but he liked to roam around the huge house his parents’ best friends owned.

His parents, his two year old brother, Mike, and him had gone to Michigan to visit Lisa since earlier in the year she had given birth to her own first child, just three years after Vivian. Little Vic had heard the adults talking about the little baby, but he had not seen him himself since the baby had been sleeping since they got there earlier in the afternoon. To say he was curious was an understatement, which is why he decided to look for the nursery himself.

He came across a room with dim light escaping through the slightly ajar door, letting him see inside where a crib was placed right in middle of the room. Sneakily, he opened the door so his little body would fit in perfectly and walked towards the crib. His little hands held onto the bars surrounding a tiny bundle of blankets, which he assumed was Kellin. Of course the name was weird to him, but he liked it nonetheless. It was original.

Suddenly, the baby started to stir, trashing inside the blankets to move more properly and Vic could hear little whimpers escaping the youngest boy’s mouth. With hesitant little hands, Vic reached inside the crib and moved the blankets out of Kellin’s face, uncovering a really pale baby with signs of dirty blond hair and turquoise eyes that were roaming curiously around the room, almost as if he were trying to remember where he was with a frown upon his young face.

But it wasn’t until Kellin moved his head to the side when he caught the little mexican’s gaze and the frown on his face completely disappeared, his eyes opening wide and taking in Vic’s features still. From his tanned skin, his deep brown eyes which held the same amount of curiosity in them and the slightly thick eyebrows.

It’s safe to say after that very first day, Vic wouldn’t leave Kellin’s side at all. He became overprotective over the little boy and the adults thought it was an adorable gesture of his part, so they let him be. He could stay hours sitting in front of the toddler playing with him and his own brother as well.

A couple of years passed by and Kellin’s parents noticed how the little boy would shut himself out and wouldn’t socialize with other children, which is why they decided they would bring another child into this world. And that was how Kellin’s sister, Kailey, was born. He instantly became overprotective of the little girl, and both of them couldn’t stay apart for a long time, otherwise she would start crying and he would become anxious. But his relationship with Vic was another story.

Both boys would look forward to holidays so they could spend some time together. And it was a good thing their parents adopted the tradition of traveling to each other’s cities during vacation, being San Diego perfect for summer and Michigan perfect for winter. But the separations were heartbreaking. Both boys would cling to each other’s arms like it was the very last time they would meet. The bond between them was strong as ever.

It was summertime and a five year old Kellin was dozing off in the spare room he and his family would stay at the Fuentes’ house just a few minutes after they had arrived, when Vic, who had just turned eight, bursted through the door and instantly ran to the bed, bouncing on it and startling the pale boy whose face instantly broke in a smile when he recognized his friend.

“Hi, Kels! I’ve missed you!” Vic said, smiling down brightly at the younger boy while he bounced up and down the mattress, and after a few contemplation from the younger, Kellin soon copied his actions; laughter filling the whole room. They eventually gave out and fell on the bed gasping for air. Kellin instantly crawled to Vic’s side and buried his little nose in the crook of the oldest neck.

“I’ve missed you too!” The blond haired boy mumbled in his best friend’s neck, sighing in content at the sense of serenity Vic brought to him. It was something special really, how he could calm down merely with the mexican’s presence, and it had been that way ever since Kellin could remember.

“Hey, Kels. Wanna come over to Jaime’s birthday party? His birthday was in May, but he wanted to wait for summer so it could be more fun.” Vic finally asked, still staring at the ceiling and running his fingers through his best friend’s short blond hair.

“Uh… I’m not sure, Vic.” Kellin mumbled, eyes closed as he enjoyed the caresses he was getting from the other boy. He didn’t like it when other people, other than his family, would touch him but it was completely different with Vic. “I don’t know if my parents will let me go.”

Vic frowned, thinking about a way to convince them when suddenly he came across an idea and stood up from the bed abruptly, earning a groan from the youngest who was falling back asleep. He watched as Kellin buried his head deeper in the mattress and curled up in ball, getting more comfortable. Vic had to do something before it was impossible to get the youngest out of bed.

“Come on Kels, let’s talk to them. Maybe I can talk them into letting you go.” Vic laughed, pulling Kellin’s feet to bring him closer the edge of the bed. The younger let a yelp leave his mouth when he felt himself almost fall off, but instead his gaze landed on the tanner boy who was grinning at him mischievously from the foot of the bed and he had no other choice but to stand up.

“Alright, let’s go.” He sighed and inched closer to his friend, climbing off the bed before sprinting out of the room. “The last to reach them is a rotten egg!” Vic heard his best friend call out from the hall before sprinting himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Thank you very much for the feedback I've gotten! Those recommends and couple of comments mean the world to me. So… chapters are most likely going to be this length, depends on what I write c:
Enjoy!