Status: Hiatus, sorry.

We’ll Be Young Forever

Four.

The next couple of weeks left until the Fuentes were back to California, Kellin and Vic were completely inseparable. Not that it was a surprise to everyone but it was always nice to see. They ate, played, watched movies and even slept together and it was adorable the way Vic worried about the youngest. It tugged on anybody’s heart strings.

Just the night before there had been a snowstorm and it had left the Bostwick’s front yard filled with snow so as usual Mike, Kellin and Kailey were getting ready to go outside to play while Vic watched them from afar. He had never been fond of the cold but he did enjoy watching through the windows how his brother and friends had fun outside.

“Come on, Vic.” Kellin whined, making his way towards his older friend who looked down at the blond boy. The mexican looked into those blue eyes he had grown so fond of; wide and pleading. “Please?”

The oldest thought about it for a while. Ever since his family and him had gotten to Michigan, he had never came out to play in the snow while the other children had and he couldn’t help but feel that he at least owed that to them. In the end, he barely saw the blue eyed children a couple times a year.

Sighing again and looking up to the eyes of Mike and Kailey, who were looking at him with a hopeful look, he nodded slowly. "Alright, I’m playing with you outside.”

Everyone cheered and Kellin instantly ran upstairs to bring his friend's jacket but there was something special in his eyes that let Vic know the youngest had planned something and he was somehow anxious about it.

Fifteen minutes later, the four of them covered with gloves, jackets and beanies were playing in the snow outside.

Kailey was laying on the snow, making angels while Mike was standing on the other side of the yard, building a fort in case Kellin wanted to start a snowball fight, like he always did when they were outside. Better be safe than sorry.

Vic was standing in middle of the yard looking astonished at his feet, observing the way snow instantly became into water in seconds, leaving his boots completely soaked. He didn't realize when the blue eyed boy threw a snowball his direction until it hit him on the back of his neck, making him shiver violently.

Kellin looked at his friend with a smug smirk on his face. He wanted his friend to enjoy snow the way he did. He loved the frozen water so much and it was one of the few things that brought him joy.

"You're on, Quinn!" Vic screamed, taking a handful of snow and making an sphere out of it.

The youngest shrieked and ran to the nearest tree, hiding behind it and leaning down to catch more snow. Peeking to look at the rest of the yard, he frowned when he didn't saw his friend. Shrugging, he stepped out of his hiding spot but immediately regretted it when he felt a ball hitting his side followed by laughter.

Looking at his right side, he saw Vic smiling brightly reaching down to grab another handful of snow but Kellin didn't waste time on throwing the one he had on his hand, hiting the oldest on the stomach and making him silent.

Taking advantage of the shocked look his friend gave him, the pale boy ran towards Vic and threw his hands around him, making both of them land with a loud thud on Mike's fort, who was too distracted trying to make it stronger to notice when both of ran his way.

"Not fair!" Mike yelled, grabbing snow from the floor and throwing it at both boys who were laying there still. Kellin's cheeks were redder than usual and a little bit damp since snow had landed on his face while Vic's smile was as wide as it could be, showing his small teeth perfectly. Laughter erupted from both boys while Mike kept throwing small balls at them.

Still giggling, they both stood up and ran as far as they could from the angered mexican who ran after Kellin knowing he had caused the riot in the first place. The shortest of them went to hide behind trees but his attacker wouldn’t stop.

Seeing his brother and best friend battle from afar, Vic decided he would join the fun so he made a couple balls and ran after his brother, throwing the spheres and hitting his brother’s back, who instantly turned to him and threw a ball his way.

Taking advantage of Mike’s distraction, Kellin gathered more snow and wasted no time making more balls, throwing them to both brothers and hitting them on the back perfectly.

Kailey look with disinterest at the males and went back to her place, still making small snow angels and even building a snowman, waving her hand at the window where her mom was watching over the children with a huge smile on her face, Vivian by her side.

Vic seemed to be enjoying himself very much and he regretted so much not going out to play sooner because honestly, that was the most fun he had while staying in Michigan. He loved running to catch his brother or Kellin, who were rather skillful compared to him. They knew where to hide not to get hit and in which place they could catch him unguarded.

“Truce!” The oldest mexican yelled with his hands resting on his knees and looking back and forth between Mike and Kellin who were standing on either side of him ready to throw more snow.

“Fine.” Kellin whispered and fell on his butt on the snow, then layed down and looked up at the sky. He really liked to admire the way the sky looked like before it snowed. He loved the way the clouds looked like cotton and how the dim sunshine would try and seep through them, completely failing.

Looking at his friend, Vic wasted no time and went to sit next to him, resting his gloved hands behind him and throwing his head up at the sky, trying to understand why Kellin seemed so out of it and he wasn’t disappointed.

Mike, not being one to observe nature, grew bored of waiting for them to rest and sauntered his way to where Kailey was. She was battling to find sticks under the thick snow so she sat next to her snowman pouting, her face turned into a small frown.

“What’s wrong, Kai?” Mike asked, sitting right beside next to the girl who looked at him and shrugged; still removing snow from the ground.

“Can’t find sticks.” She mumbled under her breath and kept digging into the snow.

Mike sighed and got up, instantly going to the trees and looking for the shortest so he could reach thin branches and cut them. When he found the perfect branch, he pulled on it and it instantly broke, creating a big stick which he cut into half.

Walking back to the little girl, she couldn’t help the small smile that lit her whole face up. They were perfect. She instantly stood up and went to place them on either side of the snowman, which was only missing his arms before.

Grinning, Mike and Kailey stood in front of the small snowman staring at it in awe until their mom’s called everyone inside claiming it was about to snow again. Reluctantly, all the kids made their way into the house, immediately greeting its warm.

“Go get changed, kids!” Lisa yelled from the kitchen while she and Vivian cooked dinner.

Mike ran upstairs instantly, leaving Kailey, Vic and Kellin standing in middle of the living room. Kailey looked up at his brother with pleading eyes since she couldn’t climb the stairs by herself yet and he instantly knew what she wanted. Sighing, he took her hand and helped her up the stairs. When reaching her bedroom door, she let go of his hand and went inside, shutting the door behind her.

Thirty minutes later, everyone was already changed and sitting by the fireplace drinking hot chocolate while trying to get warm. Even with the heater on, the house was cold still.

Feeling a wave of exhaustion hitting him, Kellin placed the cup on the telephone table and snuggled deeper into Vic’s side, his cold nose hitting the mexican’s neck and making him shiver violently before wrapping his arm around Kelin’s waist. It was a very usual for the blue eyed boy to cling onto his best friend’s arms like that and the oldest was just used to it. He liked feeling Kellin’s warmth close to him and he felt at peace when Kellin’s breathing evened, letting him know the youngest had fallen in a deep slumber curled up to his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me a lot of time to update, but here it is.

One of my friends asked how long this is going to be and to be completely honest, I have no idea. I had planned for it to be short but I just got a couple of new ideas and I'm excited now so I guess it'll be long? I don't know. Just… thank you all very much for the comments and recommendations (: