Status: finished.

We Were So Weird When We Were Young

Scene Two

"I can't believe you remember that Jack. That was like eight years ago," Alex sighed smiling wide at his boyfriend who sat across him at a small round table on their hotel balcony.

"How could I forget what happened that day?" Jack asked a grin on his face. He knew Alex was there that day at the airport and he knew that Alex knew every detail as well but he still felt like he had to tell it over. There was never a time when he thought about that memory that a smile didn't come onto his face. No matter how sad or angry he was, how bad or rainy day he had had, remembering that day of him and Alex always made him smile. "There was a point to telling that story though," Jack said his smile faltering a little at how nervous he was.

Alex raised one eye brow at Jack and looked at him with a funny expression on his face. "Oh yeah?" He questioned.

Jack nodded a bit and glanced over at the city around them. "Look Lex," he started letting out a sigh. His tone caused Alex to drop his smile and look at Jack with a worried expression. "We've been together for eight years now and best friends for eleven years and I-"

"You're going to break up with me aren't you?" Alex interrupted a sad, panicked filled expression on his face.

"What? No! No never Lex, just let me finish. Please honey bun?" Jack smiled warmly at Alex letting him know that he was being serious and he wasn't going to break up with him. Alex nodded his smile returning and motioned for Jack to continue. "We've been together for a long time, like forever, and I could have done this in the airport in Maryland but I didn't want to wait that long, and we're already in Paris so you know," Jack scooted his chair out and stood up, motioning to Alex to stay seated. "You like it here right?" Jack asked looking at Alex with wide eyes.

"The view is amazing, love bunny. Don't worry about it, go on. Go on," Alex said looking up at Jack a wide smile on his face.

Jack smiled back at Alex and turned away from him. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small red velvet box. Jack took in a deep breath and hid the box in between his hands as he turned back to face Alex.

"We were so weird when we were young, and we're even more weird now, but I can't live without your weird. Our weird. So Alexander William," he started right before he got down on one knee by Alex's chair. Alex brought his hands up to his face to hide his wide smile and the blush that covered his face. "Will you marry me?" Jack asked nervously as he opened the box and held it up so Alex could see the simple gold band inside.

Alex stared at the ring for a moment, in awe, before he quickly nodded his head and lunged forward onto Jack. "Of course I will. This is so perfect. I love you so much Jay," Alex said pulling back a little to see the ring better.

Jack took the ring out of the box and slid into onto Alex's hand a wide smile on his face. "I love you to Lex. Forever," he said before pulling Alex in for a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took longer then expected to get up. I hope you like it though. :D