Status: Complete | Finished <3

Southern Love

I Will Protect You.

''Thanks God Kells, you are awake.'' I said as I kissed my precious boyfriend's hand, happy that he was out of coma. ''How are you feeling?''

''I've been better.'' He replied softly. ''My face and head hurts. Can you get someone please, Vic?''

''I'll go search for Dr.Hills.'' I mentionned. ''I'll be right back babe.''

I left Kellin's room and made my way in the halls, searching for Dr.Hills. I found him in a few seconds by the secretary's office.

''Hey Victor right?'' The doctor asked. ''What can I do for you?''

''It's Kellin, he's awake.'' I replied. ''He is in pain and is requesting you.''

''I'll take care of that.'' He said. ''It's a really good thing that he is finally awake, it is really reassuring. Eum, you should wait here while I make my check-up on him. You'll be authorized to see him and tak to him right after. Oh, and we haven't been able to join Kellin's dad; well your dad. Can you tell him everything once you get back home?''

''Okay, thanks Dr.Hills.'' I replied. ''And yeah, I'll tell my dad.''

I completely had forgotten that detail. Everyone in this hospital thinks Kellin's my brother. I'll be screwed if they found out that I'm not. It's a good thing that Kellin's dad didn't pick up the phone. But I was stressed at the idea that they might have left a message on his voicemail saying that his ''other son'' is currently with Kellin and stuff. I walked in the corridors, waiting for Dr. Hills to get out of Kellin's room and give me his permission to see him. I would have never thought that I would end in a hospital with my injured boyfriend during my vacations. That shows that anything can happen, and that our expectations really turn into reality. Around 15 minutes later, Dr. Hills, finally got out of my boyfriend's room.

''You can now see him.'' He said. ''But I warn you, he's very fragile and he's been crying since I entered the room. Maybe you can find a way to make him feel better. Go easy on him though, he's weak.''

''Thanks Doctor.'' I replied as I opened the door. In front of, Kellin was crying. He was still laying in his bed, it broke my heart.

''What's wrong Kells?'' I asked as I sat by his side.

''Me.'' He replied. ''Everything hurts so much, I look like a mess, I'm horrible.''

''Shhhhh Kells. Don't say that. You're still the most beautiful person in the hospital.'' I reassured him. ''You'll get better soon Kellin, this won't last forever.''

''I'm, I'm happy you're here Vic.'' He replied. ''Your words always make me feel better. You're the only person I can rely count on.''

''You have your father, don't you?'' I wondered.

''No, no I don't.'' He replied. ''My father doesn't care about me. Since my sister died, I'm a pain in the ass for my father. He doesn't want me, that's why he makes me work in the hotel; so he doesn't have to take care about me. I've seen him like twice since I arrived in Cuba. That gives you a clue on how much my father doesn't care about me. I have nobody. No friends, no family, there is just you. And once you'll be gone, I'll be more than alone.''

''No matter how long the distance between us is, you will always have me.'' I said. ''I will never let you go, I will always be there for you.''

''Why would you do that?'' He wondered. ''I'm just big piece of shit, I'm messed up. I don't deserve you.''

''Why would I do that?'' I replied. ''Because I love you Kells, because you're the best thing that could ever happened to me, because you saved me. You are anything but a piece of shit, you are gold, you're a diamond. It is me who doesn't deserve to be with someone as perfect as you are.''

''I never want to lose you Vic. Never.'' Kellin said as he made some free space in his bed. ''Can you lay right next to me please?''

He didn't need to ask me twice. I took place by his side and took him delicately in my arms, trying not to hurt him. I placed delicate kisses on every bruises that covered his beautiful face.

''You're beautiful!'' I whispered in his ear. ''I love you.''

Kellin just gave me one of his killer smiles and placed a delicate kiss on my forehead.

''My boyrfriend.'' He whispered. ''All mine.''

''My brother.'' I replied smiling.

''What?'' Kellin wondered smiling.

''Yeah, I had to tell the doctors that I was your brother, or else they wouldn't have let me see you.'' I answered.

''You are big fat liar Mr.Fuentes.'' Kellin teased.

''I'd do anything for you Mr. Quinn, anything.'' I replied. ''So eum, do you want to tell me what happened?''

''Well yeah...'' He said. ''This is what happened: I was taking my lunch break and was heading to my room to pick up something. When I got out of my room, there was that person standing there. She began to punch me all over my body, mostly in my face. The last thing I remember is receiving a painful hit at the back of my head and then, waking up in this room with you by my side.''

''Who was it Kells?'' I answered. ''Who is the asshole that did this to you?''

''I-I can't tell you.'' He replied. ''She said she would hit me all over again if I told anyone.''

''It's Jenna, isn't it?'' I guessed. Kellin just nodded and started crying.

''Don't do anything about it, please Vic.'' He pleaded. ''Please, I'm so scared she is going to hit me again.''

''She will never touch you again, never.'' I replied.

''Please, promise you won't do anything silly.'' He requested.

''Okay, I promise babe.'' I answered. ''I'm so sorry she did this to you, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault.''

''It's not your fault Vic.'' Kellin replied. ''Don't blame this on you.''

''Yeah, it's my fault.'' I added. ''If I hadn't been that mean towards her, she would never have hurt you, she could have killed you by my fault.''

''It's nobody's fault babe.'' Kellin reassured me as he caressed my hair. ''She's the crazy girl, and even though I would know she would hit me because I would date you; I would date you anyway. Because nobody can break my love for you. Nobody said love was easy haha.''

''It's such a sweet melody to hear you laugh babe.'' I mentionned. ''I'll make my possible to protect you and keep you out of danger. You should take some sleep baby, the visits are almost over anyway. I'll be coming back tomorrow. Did the doctor tell you when you'll be able to leave this place?''

''He said I shoud be here for 2 or 3 days.'' He replied. ''I'll miss you in this lonely room. And please, as I told you, don't do anything silly. I don't want you to get hurt as well.''

''I promise baby.'' I added and kissed him softly on his swollen lips. ''I'll be back tomorrow as soon as I can. I love you.''

''I love you too Vic, see you tomorrow.'' Kellin replied.

------------------------------------------------------
I haven't been able to catch any sleep that night. I got to my room as soon I came back to the hotel. I didn't want to talk to anybody. I was overthinking; about Kellin, about my feelings towards him, about how I'd do anything for him, worrying about him... and I was also thinking about that asshole that used to be my girlfriend, Jenna. All I really wanted was to make her suffer, like she made my boyfriend suffer. It was hard to keep my promise, but I did..

I took a taxi early in the morning so I could get to the hospital as soon as the visits start. I didn't want to leave Kellin by himself any longer. I made my way to the Fifth floor and then, to Kellin's room. When I reached it, it was empty. There was nobody in it. First, I thought I was in the wrong room, but I wasn't. It was Kellin's room without Kellin in it.

''Victor?'' A familiar voice behind me called.

''Dr.Hills?'' I replied. ''Where's Kellin?''

''I have some bad news for you...'' He added. I couldn't stop the tears, they needed to come out.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, what do you think?