Status: Complete | Finished <3

Southern Love

Beeeeeeep.

''Somebody help him, please!'' I yelled when I was finally able to speak. ''He's my husband, and he has problems with his brain, please do something.''

''We warned the pilot.''A man said. ''He said we are going to land in thirty minutes, and that we warned the airport to send medical help as soon as the plane lands.''

''Thirty minutes is too long!'' I yelled. ''Can't you see he's barely breathing, can't you see he's not even moving. Don't you realise that it might be too late in thirty fucking minutes. He needs help now.''

''I understand son, but I have nothing to do with this decision, so please don't yell at me.''The man replied calmly. ''But, I'm a male nurse, I can do everything I can until we land. But you need to stay calm.''

''How can you tell me to stay calm?'' I replied harshly. I was totally out of my mind. ''How can you ask me stay calm when my husband, the love of my life is sick and close to death? How can you ask something like that? You don't understand what I'm going through.''

''I do son, I do.'' He replied sadly. ''My wife passed away a few months ago. Lung cancer.''

At this moment, all of my anger faded away. How could I be angry at someone who was just trying to help, at someone who went through what I was going someday, sooner than I wish.

''Eum, I'm sorry about your wife.'' I said sadly. ''It's just, it's just so hard to see the person you love in that state, I just feel so useless, like I can't do anything to help. I-I just love him so much.''

''I understand your feelings son.'' The man replied taking me into a hug I couldn't refuse. I needed this hug, I needed something that tels me things might be okay again. ''Do you mind if I check up on him?''

''No of course not, I will take anything that could help.'' I answered.

The man sat next to Kellin, checking his pulse, his breathing and stuff. And me, well, I was just standing there, crying like the madly in love guy I am.

''His heart is beating slow, but he should be okay. Fortunately, he didn't choke with his vomit.'' The man said. ''We're landing soon, he'll be okay.''

''I hope you're right man.'' I replied in a sad tone.

''I can't promise anything, but if there is one thing I know is that love is the strongest power on Earth.'' He said. ''Love can be the best medecine, the strongest of them all.''

''You think I can save him with my love? Because on a scale from 1 to 10, my love for him is infinity+1'' I replied. God knows how much I love Kellin, and how lost I'll be without him. But that's a deal I made from the start, the best of them all.

''You gotta believe it Son, you gotta believe it.'' The kind man mentionned. ''I think that's how my life lived for 2 years when they said she only had 1 year left. Our love was stronger than everything, even stronger than death, and by what I'm seeing, yours is as strong, maybe stronger than ours. Keep the faith young man, keep the faith.''

The rest of the flight was silent, but it felt good to know I had someone to help me. I spent the time playing with Kellin's hair, caressing his perfect skin. He was still not moving. I was totally lost in my thoughts, playing different scenarios in my mind, until I was brought back to reality by a familiar voice.

''Good evening ladies and gentleman, we should be landing in San Diego in around 5 minutes. I hope you enjoyed your flight and that you will fly with American Airline again. Good night.'' The pilot said.

''Finally...'' I whispered.

Those five minutes were the longest of my whole life. Five minutes that could change it all, five minutes that could take Kellin away from me. I hold his living yet lifeless body in my arms, as if it would be the last time. I didn't want to let go. Finally the plane landed, and I didn't bother picking up my stuff.

''I'll help you get him out of here, and I'll take care of your stuff, I remember where you two were seating, I'll make them transfered to the hospital.'' The man proposed.

''Thank you so much.'' I replied.

We picked up Kellin, and carried him out of the airplane, gaining looks of sadness and compassion from the passengers. Outside, an amublance was waiting for us, as planned.

''What happened?'' One of the paramedics asked as the other one took care of placing Kellin on a stretcher, connecting him to an oxygen tank.

''He just went to to the washroom and passed away after vomiting.'' I replied.

''That's all?'' The paramedic asked.

''Well he has some mortal brain injuries, he has a couple of months left to live.'' I replied sadly, realising this was all real.

''All right. We're taking him immediately to the hospital. You are?'' He wondered.

''I'm his husband, Vic.'' I answered.

''Okay, come on in and let's go.''

I got in the ambulance, and turned around to thank the man that helped me so much. I would have been insane if he hadn't been there. I owe him a lot. I sat next to Kellin and held his cold hand in mine. His heart was beating slow, and he still didn't wake up from his state. I was extremly worried, sickly worried. Fortunately, the drive to the hospital was a short one. As soon as we got there, the paramedics took Kellin to the emergencies, leaving me there, with no answers and no idea of what was coming up next. So I just sat there, in the waiting room for hours. Hours of anxiety, stress, tears...but there was still hope. I couldn't give up yet. I just couldn't. Like the man said, love is the strongest power of them all. Keeping the hope is my only way to help. So I just closed my eyes, trying to think about sweet memories I shared with Kellin, and thinking of how much I love him, hoping he would received the thoughts and wake up. Maybe he would hear my voice inside his head, and wake up. Maybe together, we could defeat his illness and death. I know I can do anything as long as I'm with him. I was cut from my thoughtful state when a nurse came and sat next to me. News. Finally.

''So, eum, how is he? I asked timidly. I knew I needed to hear her answer, but there were 50% of chances I wouldn't like it. It broke my heart just to think about it.

''Of eum, sorry, I'm not here to tell you news, the doctor should take care of it soon.'' She replied. ''I'm simply here to tell you that your suitcases have arrived and will be waiting for you at the reception.''

''Oh okay, thanks.'' I replied. That was not the kind of news I wanted right now. I didn't even care about my suitcases. All I care about was in the hospital away from me, Kellin, I needed news about Kellin.

A few minutes later, a doctor came towards me, with a neutral expression on his face. Well all doctors have neutral expressions no? Maybe they can't act happy even when they're about to tell good news right?

''You are Vic Fuentes, Kellin's husband?'' The doctor asked.

''I'm doctor Lawson. I'm here to give you good and bad news about your husband.'' He replied. Bad news, that made it for me, I bursted out into tears.

''Start with the-the good news please, I need a bit of j-joy.'' I replied.

''The good news is that he is alive.'' He answered.

''And the bad news...?'' I whispered.

''He might never wake up again. There's a 5% of chances he will...'' He replied with a sad expression on his face. ''And he eum, has 1 week, 2 weeks maximum. I'm sorry Mr. Fuentes. You can go see him, room 40. If you need anything, ask the nurses to call me. Once again, I'm so sorry.''

2 weeks. He stood up, leaving me there, completely lost, depressed, lifeless. 2 weeks maximum, 2 weeks were he might never wake up. I had two weeks to say goodbye to the love of my life, and it just wasn't enough. That time had to come, but I wasn't ready... I knew I would never be ready. I stood up from my chair, walked slowly to Kellin's room. I opened the door and saw him connected to all those machines. I sat in the chair next to him before bursting out into tears for the rest of the night. My faith was gone, there was no hope anymore...my only wish was to talk to him at least one last time before he's gone. Forever. Make him part of the 5% of chances.
♠ ♠ ♠
1 chapter left guys....