Status: Complete | Finished <3

Southern Love

The Voice

Since it was already 4:00 PM and I was supposed to join the boys by 6 so we could all eat together and hang for the night; I decided to hang in my room to relax a little bit. Plus, I need to preserve my voice for that stupid karaoke tonight. I have absolutely no idea about the song I'm going to sing. Therefore, I have no regrets about going on that tour bus with Kellin. I'm very glad I got to know that kid better. He might be only 17, but he's a very mature person with beautiful qualities. I turned on my TV as I kept thinking about the beautiful day I just had. Kellin is different then the other guys I met in my entire life, that's what I like about him. I only wished that we would get the chance to hang out more before getting back to San Diego. Since all the programs airing on TV were boring, I decided to take a small nap. I setted my alarm clock at 5:45PM so I could get changed and brush my precious hair. It didn't take long before I fell asleep.

​The alarm was like hell. I hate those alarms that go BIP BIP BIP. I guess they are made this way so we get up to stop them. That's what I did. I stoop up from my comfortable bed and stopped that horrible melody that is the alarm. I picked up some clean clothes in the dresser and changed myself. I combed my beautiful hair and was ready to go. As I walked to the restaurant, I kept thinking about which song I could sing, but nothing came to my mind. I saw my friends and my brother at the entrance of the restaurant. Mike ran towards me and hugged me.

​''Hey bro, how was your day?'' He asked.

​''It was really great and yours?!''I replied. ''You should get to know that Kellin guy, he is very sweet.''

​''Sweet yeah?'' Tony teased. ''Oh, and it was fun, but there weren't enough waves so it wasn't the best moment to surf.''

​''Come on, you get it... I guess we'll have to go back surfing soon.'' I answered. ''And oh Tony, get ready to get on that stage tonight, there is no way I'm wasting a chance to see you sing and humiliate yourself.'' Tony simply replied by giving a middle finger followed by laughs.

​''Let's go, I want us to seat right in front of the stage, so we can see our 2 friends here humiliating themselves.'' Jaime said. ''Yeah, I know what you're going to say Vic... I'm a good singer blablabla... I don't deny that fact. The thing is well, I don't know...''

​''See, you have no reason to mess up with me.'' I replied as we walked to a small table right next to the stage. We had less than an hour and a half to order eat since the karaoke was starting at 7:30 PM. It didn't take long before a waitress came to our table to give us the menu. This time, it was easier to choose what to eat since there were only 4 choices. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​The waitress came back after 5 minutes to take our orders. We all opted for the chicken fingers with french fries.

​''Anything to drink with those chicken fingers?'' The waitress asked us.

​''Beer.'' We all answered at the same time making the waitress laugh.

​''4 beers and 4 plates of chicken fingers.'' She repeated. ''It should be ready in around 30 minutes. I'll bring you your beers in a few minutes. Thanks!''

​''Decided which song you're going to sing for us tonight?'' Mike asked me as the waitress came back with our beers. I took a big sip of it before giving an answer to my brother.

​''Nop.'' I answered. '' I have no idea, but I ain't stressed. I still have, eum, 70 minutes to think about it.''

​''And you Tony?'' Mike wondered. ''You better pick a song already, because you know Vic. When he has an idea in mind; nothing can make him change​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ his plans.''

​''Well, I'll probably go with Barbie Girl.'' Tony replied. We were all laughing at his answer. ''What? If I have to humiliate myself, better do it in the right way. Maybe some girls will feel pitty and I'll find the love of my life.''

​''In your dreams Tony.'' Jaime said. ​​​​​​​​''Everybody knows I'm the only person you'll ever love.''

​''Oh, you found out my secret, shame on me.'' Tony teased. I swear those guys are totally hilarious, they make me think of an old couple sometimes. ​​​​

​''So,​​​​ Vic, tell me more about your day?'' Jaime wondered. ''How was it?''

​''Well, it was very nice.'' I spoke. ''We visited the city by bus, and I swear it is very beautiful and different then our hometown. We stayed in the bus like 90 minutes before we could get out and visit by ourselves. Since I had no friends with me, I stayed with Kellin. He made me visit one of those parks. You would have had liked it, it was awesome. After, he brought me to this bakery, Leonardo's. I need to bring you there before we leave, their cookies are amazing. It's perfect. Oh, and I did some shopping as well and I bought you guys something. It's in my room, I'll give it to you later.''

​''Well, I'm happy you had fun.'' Jaime replied smiling. ''It wasn't that boring to stay with Kellin since well, we are the awesomest guys in the whole world!''

​''Ha-Ha Jaime, stop being so confident.'' I teased. ''And to answer your questions, it wasn't boring at all. He is a nice guy. We share some interests, mostly about music. He is very mature and careful. I hope you guys will get to know him. He doesn't have many friends around here and I'm sure you 4 would get along... and you, tell me more about your day?''

​''​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Just invite him to hang out with us.'' Mike proposed. ''Well, if he has a day-off before we leave... our day sounds boring compared to yours. We went on the beach to surf, but we gave up after 1hour because we only catched 2 waves. We hang out by the pool and in my room the rest of the afternoon and now there we are sitting and discussing with you Remember, tomorrow, you are staying with us.''

​''Bon appetit.'' The waitress said and she placed the huge plates on the table followed by some Ketchup and Mustard.

​''Thank you.'' We all replied together. As usual, we barely talked while eating. It's part of our traditions I guess. The meal was delicious. The chicken fingers were tender and the french fries were just enough crispy. I took a look at my watch as I ate the last bite of my supper. It was 7:15.

​''Damn, 15 minutes left and I haven't find a song yet.'' I murmured.

​''What you saying?'' Tony said. ''Those that mean you are giving up and that I don't get to sing?''

​''Never in your wildest dreams.'' I answered. ''Song in mind or not, I'm getting on this stage and so are you.''

Even though he didn't want to get on that stage, Tony and the boys helped me to find THE song.

​''Why don't you sing Livin' on a Prayer?'' Mike proposed. ''It's one of your favorite songs.''

​''Yeah, but no.'' I disagreed. ''I don't feel like singing anything rock tonight.''

​''What about Call Me Maybe?'' Tony said. ''It's everything but rock and the lyrics are easy.''

​''Is that even serious?'' I answered laughing. ''No way I'm going to sing that girly song in front of that crowd, look all the seats are occupied. That makes a lot of people, so no.''

​''You aren't helping Vic.'' Jaime pointed out. ''We are just trying to help and you say no to every single one of our ideas.''

​''Yeah, sorry.'' I answered. '' I will just find out by myself.''​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​''Can I have the silence please?'' A voice I know demanded. Of Course it was Kellin's. ''Thanks. Welcome to our weekly Karaoke Night. Let me remember the rules. Anybody can participate. You choose the song you want to sing. When the clock indicated 10PM, the judges will decide which contestant was the best and this last one will win 300$. Any volunteer to debute this great night?''

​''Yeah me.'' An old man in the back of the restaurant yelled. He walked to the stage and sang Livin' On A Prayer, of course. I guess everyone loves that song. But, the poor man sounded terrible, but at least, he had fun.

​''Thanks sir, it was great.'' Kellin said smiling. ''So who's next?'' Since nobody was speaking, I decided that it would be my turn.

​''That's gonna be me.'' I replied as I stood up from my chair and got on the stage.

​''Oh, let me introduce you my friend Vic.'' Kellin said. ''What are you going to sing for us tonight?''

​''Give me a moment.'' I replied as I reached for my cellphone. ''I'm going to sing the song that you are going to get by clicking on shuffle.'' I handed my phone to Kellin and that made the audience laugh.

​''Okay Vic, you are going to sing...'' Kellin spoke as he pressed the shuffle button. ''Hey There Delilah. You are going to sing Hey There Delilah. Are you ready?'' He gave me my phone back and I was feeling confident.

​''Of course I am.'' I replied. That song is the first song I learned to play on the guitar so I memorized the lyrics as well. And I have to admit, I don't sound bad at all. ''Hit it.''

​The DJ at the back of the room gave me the signal and the music started to play. I always get emotional when I sing that song, mostly when I get to the bridge.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​​​​​​​A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way

​I ended up the song just like the way I started it: by singing with my heart. When I sang the last note, I received a standing ovation and that really made me happy. I turned around to see Kellin's reaction and he was wiping away some tears. I didn't know my voice could have that much of a reaction.

​''That was beautiful Vic.'' Kellin said once he was done being emotional. ''It's going to be hard to beat you. Alright, who is courageous enough to sing after this great performance?''

​''My friend Tony is.'' I yelled. ''Come on Tony, don't be shy.''

​Tony stood up from his seat and got on the stage while I regain my seat.

​''Dude, that was amazing.'' Mike whispered. ''You almost made me cry.'' I was proud, because it is a rare thing to see Mike cry.

​''I swear to God that we would have been a worldwide band if we didn't quit.'' Jaime said. ''You are an incredible singer Vic, wow, just wow.''

​''Thanks guys.'' I replied. ''Now shhh, let's listen to Tony hahaha.''

​''Okay Tony, what are you going to sing for us?'' The black hair boy asked my friend

​''Barbie Girl.'' Tony answered laughing. ''It's a very great song.''

​''Yeah... I guess so.'' Kellin replied. ''Good Luck.''

​I have never laughed so hard in my life. That performance was the funniest thing ever. I didn't think Tony was that bad, but he is. I don't even think he hit one single note correctly. Plus, he was dancing like a girl. Of course, Jaime was filiming it. He wouldn't want Tony to forget about this moment. When Tony was done singing, everybody was silent but my crew and I who stood up to clap and yell.

​''Well that was special...'' Kellin spoke as Tony went down the stage. ''Thanks Tony.''​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​''Dude that was awful.'' I told my friend. ''You made us laugh so much.''

​''Yeah, I know.. I suck hahaha.'' Tony replied. ''But a deal is a deal. By the way, you were amazing up there. It sucks nobody filmed it.​​​​​​​​''

​''That's okay. Don't worry.'' I said. '' Anyway, my voice always sounds horrible on camera.''

​The rest of the night was fun. Lots of contestants participated. Some of them were good, some of them were very bad... not as bad as Tony though, but still very bad. When the clock hit 10, Kellin came back on the stage.

​''That was our last contestant, I'll be back in 5 minutes to announce the winner.'' Kellin said.

​''It is totally going to be you Vic. 300$, that is awesome.'' Jaime said.

​''Maybe not...'' I replied. ''Maybe the judges won't vote for me since Kellin acted differently toward me because he knows me... I don't know. But I would like to win. I can't say no to 300$​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​''

​''Be positive bro.'' Mike said.

​''I am.'' I replied. ''I know I'm awesome haha.''

​''Okay, so here's the winner.'' Kellin spoke as he came back on the stage. ''The winning song is... Hey There Delilah!''

​''OMG, I won.'' I exlaimed with joy. I stood up from my seat and ran on the stage and was met by Kellin.

​''Congratulations Vic. You deserve it.'' He said as he handed me an enveloppe containing my price. ''A round of applauses for Vic everybody''

​Everybody applaused as I went down the stage.

​''Congratulations.'' My crew yelled.

​''Thanks guys, I'm very happy. Wow.'' I said happily. I opened the enveloppe to see all the money in there. When I opened it, there was a note in the inside part of the enveloppe.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Meet me at 11PM at my room. There is something I want to show you. -Kellin
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave comments :(