Status: Complete | Finished <3

Southern Love

The Stars Are Shining Bright

''Let's go celebrate your victory by drinking some beer and all that stuff.'' Mike proposed. I really wanted to go, but a bigger part of me wanted to meet with Kellin. I just had to find a way to avoid going to the club with the guys.

''Eum, well, I'm tired..'' I lied. ''I'll just catch some sleep so we can hang out tomorrow?''

''Tired again?'' Tony said.

''Eum, yeah...'' I answered. ''Sorry...''

''Don't be sorry dude, we understand.'' Jaime replied. ''That will just leave us more chances to get some girls, if you know what I mean.''

''Shut up Jaime.'' I said laughing. ''Okay, well have a great time boys, and see you tomorrow for breakfast.''

''You won't escape the party for the entire vacations bro.'' Mike said. ''But I'll accept it for now. Goodnight Vic.''

I was happy that the boys didn't ask any other questions. I'm already surprised that they trusted me with the ''I'm tired'' thing. I'm the worst at lying in the entire world. Since it was already 10:40, I stopped by my room and put some warmer clothes on because well, what could Kellin wanted me to see in his room... I combed my hair again and sat on the edge of my bed waiting for time to go by. I was smiling at the idea of hanging with Kellin. It never happened to me before. I mean, yeah, I' always happy to be with my friends... but I'm never that excited to see someone... but the girls I dated... The idea of Jenna popped in my mind but soon faded away when the clock indicated it was 11.

I stood up from my bed, grabbed my hoodie and was out. I was standing in front of Kellin's room which is right next to mine. I was stressed about knocking at the door. My hand was shaking. I didn't understand why I felt this way since I was just meeting with a new friend of mine. It's not as if it was a date or anything like that. I took a deep breath and finally knocked on the door. A few seconds later, the door opened.

''Just wait there.'' Kellin said. ''Let me grab my coat and I'll be ready to go.'' He closed the door and opened it again a minute later.

''Alright, let's go.'' He said. ''Follow me!''

''Where are you taking me?'' I asked.

''It's a surprise.'' He answered. ''I know how much you love surprises haha.''

''Not my fault if I'm a curious guy.'' I replied laughing.

I followed Kellin to wherever he was taking me. We took a path that I never took before so I couldn't expect where he was taking me and I didn't like that. It was all dark and there were no rooms near us anymore. At first, my anxious-self tought Kellin was going to kill me, but then, I realised he was way too sweet to do anything like that. We finally entered a strange and old building.

''Wait there.'' Kellin said. ''I'll be right back.''

''You aren't planning to kill, are you?'' I asked stupidly.

''No, not tonight.'' He replied laughing. ''Don't worry, I just need to check something.''

Kellin walked up the stairs next to us and I heard a silent noise of a door opening. What could be so amazing about this old and stinky place.

''Come on up.'' Kellin yelled from wherever he could be. ''Walked up the stairs straight to the top.''

I walked up the stairs which seemed to take forever. When I finally reached the last stair, Kellin was there waiting for me.

''Close your eyes.'' He asked.

''Surprise again?'' I replied. I saw him smiling and I didn't want to disappoint him. ''Alright fine.'' I closed my eyes and Kellin took my hand to guide me.

''Don't cheat.'' He murmured. The touch of his hand of mine gave me some chills that I tried to ignore, but I just couldn't do it. Just being around Kellin makes me feel better; there is something special about him. He's unic.

''Okay, open your eyes now.'' He said as he let my hand go. I opened my eyes and I was agaped. We were actually on the room of the building. The view was simply splendid. In front of us was the beach illuminated by some lights. We could hear the sound of the waves dying on the shore. Above us were millions of bright stars. It was the first time I was so many stars in the sky. I couldn't place a word. It was worth the surprise. Next to me, Kellin had his eyes closed and I could feel how much he liked being there. He walked ahead and sat by the edge of the room followed by me.

''Wow, Kellin.'' I said. ''This is really beautiful, I don't know to say. Thanks for showing me this, it's amazing.''

''I knew you would like it.'' He answered. ''I told you earlier today that I loved watching the stars and the sun rise and set... so I tought I would show it to you.''

''That is very nice of you.'' I replied. ''Do you come here often?''

''Actually, yes I do.'' Kellin said. ''I love coming here when I need to sort things out or just when I want to be myself. Most of the time, I just spend the entire night here with my music or some books and watch the sun rise. But you're free to go if you need to sleep.''

''I would love to stay.'' I answered. It wasn't for being nice, I really wanted to stay with him. ''Am I the first person you bring up here?''

''No, you are the second one.'' He replied. ''The only other person I brought here was my ex last summer.''

''I feel special Kellin, that is really nice of you.'' I said. ''We barely know each other and you show me your secret place. It's an honor and I bet the girl you brought here felt the same way.'' I saw Kellin's expression changed.

''Well, it was a boy...'' He said timidly.

''Oh, so, you gay?'' I asked.

''Yeah...'' He replied. ''I rarely say this to anyone, because they get scared I would fall in love in them. The few guys I told before stopped talking to me because of that... I hope you won't do the same.''

''I swear to you that I will never ever do that.'' I replied to reassure him since he was crying a little. He really is a sensitive boy and I think it's a great thing about him. ''Those guys who let you down because you're not into boys didn't deserve your friendship and they really are missing a thing.''

''You really think what you are saying?'' Kellin wondered as he wipped his few tears. ''You ain't saying that just to be nice?''

''I'm 100% sure about what I just said Kellin.'' I replied. ''I'm glad I got to know you, you are a really good boy and I'm happy to count you as a friend.'' He rested his head against my shoulder and smiled.

''Thanks, Vic.'' He said. ''Nobody ever told me such a nice thing before.''

''Well, they should have, because that is what you are.'' I replied as I played with his beautiful dark hair. ''So... what happened with your ex?''

''Swear you won't tell this to anyone?'' He asked as he pulled off his head of my shoulder.

''Pinky promise.'' I answered. ''You can trust me, but if you prefer keeping it a secret, it's okay. It was a question.''

''Eum, well there is the story.'' Kellin started. ''I was dating that guy. At that time, I was 16 and he was 18. He was on vacation here for more than a month and he was from England. I was a lifeguard last summer. The guy once almost drowned and that is how we met. I saved him and took care of him since he had nobody else. He came here by himself to forget about his ex, a bit like you actually. And then, we started hanging out everyday after work and we got really closed. We started dating 1 week before he had to go. I was madly in love with that guy and I was up to do anything to keep him by my side. One night, we went dancing and drinking. By the end of the night, we were really drunk, mostly him. The guy brought me back to my room, not the same as this summer, and well, we were both excited and had a lot of sexual frustrations. I was still a virgin at that time, but the guy didn't care. He was really rough to me and he didn't take care of me. I was crying in pain, but he didn't mind. Once he was done, he left me there on my own and told me we were done because I wasn't good enough in bed for him and it makes me cry everytime I think about it. See?''

''Kellin, you deserve so much better than this.'' I replied. ''So much better. That guy didn't deserve you, you didn't deserve to be treated this way. I swear if I knew this guy, I would make him suffer for what he did to you. That makes no sense. How could he be so mean to a sweet guy like you?''

''He wanted sex..'' Kellin replied. ''He was gay, I was gay, so he didn't want to search any further, I guess.''

''I swear to you that if I would have been that guy, I would have treated to you in the best way ever.'' I said while I played with his hair again.

''Wait, you are gay too?'' Kelllin wondered with surprise. I guess my comment can lead to confusion.

''Well, no.'' I replied. ''I date a guy once, but I didn't really like it, so I took for granted that I was heterosexual because, well I love being with girls as you may know. But, I can't say if I'm bisexual or not because I never felt in love with a guy since then.''

''Oh okay.'' Kellin replied. '' At least, you are not one of those homophobic person.''

''And I'll never be.'' I said.

''I'm kind of cold.'' Kellin pointed out. ''I'll go get a blanket in my room and I'll be back. Are you going to be okay by yourself?''

''That's a good idea. I'm cold too.'' I said. ''And yeah, I should be able to survive.''

Kellin laughed, stood up and left the room. While he was gone, I kept thinking about him: about his horrible ex, about his smile, about his laugh, well about him. I had doubts that he was gay though; by the way he talks and acts. I didn't understand why he made me feel so good. I didn't understand while I loved being around him when I only knew him for 2 days. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Was it a way to forget about Jenna? Was it something else? I didn't know and I had to find an answer to that. A few minutes later, I heard a door sound.

''I'm back.'' Kellin said. ''Didn't miss too much?''

I didn't reply. I just stood up and walked in direction of Kellin.

''What are you do-'' I didn't let him finish his sentence since I crashed my lips on his and he kissed back. A few seconds later, I broke the kiss.

''Eum, why did you do that?'' Kellin wondered.

''I had to find an answer to eum...something.'' I replied.

''And did you get your answer?'' Kellin asked.

''Yes, yes I did.'' I replied as I still felt the butterflies from the kiss in my belly.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think guys?