Home

"Be There."

Noelle pulled Jackson up into her arms and out of the car. The cameras would catch up with them later that day when they picked up Corrie's from her friend's house.

"Nathan?" Noelle turned around in her spot. "Nathan?"

"Come on, Noelle!" Nathan's voice was farther away, across the street. He waved to her, pointing to a store behind him. "Let's go in!"

"I told you to stop doing that!" Noelle chastised him. "I will make you hold my hand, buddy."

The eleven-year old welped and hurriedly led the way into a Dallas sports fan shop.

"What could you possibly need in this store, Nath?" She let Jackson pull her hand towards his brother. "You have every t-shirt, jersey, and hat available."

"Not this one," Nathan yanked a t-shirt much too big for himself off of a shelf and held it up. "It's a new player and the new logo."

The Dallas Stars, Noelle knew the logo. Nathan had talked for days earlier that summer when the team had announced their new green logo. "Which player?" She took the too large shirt and swapped it out.

"Seguin," Nathan had already moved onto a new display.

Seguin.

Tyler Seguin.

Noelle sighed and searched for a shirt that would fit Nathan. With his size in hand, he led the way to the register, the money his mother had given him still safely in Noelle's wallet.

"You should get a shirt, Noey," Nathan bounced. "I'll make you into a hockey fan."

It was probably best that Noelle hadn't mentioned she had met Tyler Seguin several times.

"Should I?"

"Yeah!" Nathan nodded, nearly throwing his shirt at the sales clerk. "Seguin's gonna be one hot player."

Noelle considered it. Why not? She'd probably never see the guy again. She left Nathan to wait at the register to step away and selected a matching green t-shirt with Tyler's last name and number across the back.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Tyler stepped into the same diner he had met the boys in on his first day in Dallas - Simpson's. He couldn't help but notice how odd it felt to be calling Jamie, Jordie, Shawn, Pevs, and even Val his boys now. He missed Brad and Bergy and Z and Tuuka.

Taking a seat at the end of the counter against the wall, Tyler pulled out his phone to text Brad before he flagged down the waitress to order his usual. He hadn't had time to do much for his new home other than settling his bed and clothes out of boxes and buying things for sandwiches, cereal, and protein shakes. It had become habit for Tyler to stop into Simpson's several times a week and with camp in full swing, he liked someone else preparing his food.

Nothing new in Boston, man. Just hockey. What about you? Knock boots yet?

Tyler rolled his eyes. Was everyone so expectant of his sex life?

Never say 'knock boots' again

As he waited for a reply, Tyler sipped his coffee and tried to stay awake. Camp had started early that day with all sorts of exhausting drills, but he looked forward to going that night to celebrate their first off day.

Tyler glanced around, taking in the other patrons. There was a young couple sharing the side of a booth in the back, two nurses that looked more tired than him, a group of business people near the window, and two girls at the far end of the counter.

He didn't think anything of it as he returned to his iPhone and drink. It took a few moments, but eventually he did a double take and nearly choked. Noelle was standing there with a girl much younger than her. Was it her sister? Maybe a charge? Were there cameras? Tyler wanted to stay out of the limelight like that at least until the season started.

Sure enough there were two cameras and a small crew out front taking a break.

"Stop gawking and go talk to her, sugar," the waitress whispered as she set his sandwich down on the counter. "She ain't gonna be here forever."

Tyler wiped his mouth and stuck his phone into his back pocket. The waitress was setting a bag of take out onto the counter and Noelle was pulling a card from her purse.

"I've got it," Tyler stepped up to their end of the counter and pulled out his wallet.

"Excuse me?" Noelle's voice was sassy as she snapped her head up. Their eyes connected and hers grew wide. "Oh. Tyler."

"Hey," Tyler shifted.

The teenager behind Noelle coughed. "I'll take this out to the car. Okay, Noelle?"

Noelle nodded and handed her the keys. "Turn the AC on." Her confused eyes didn't leave Tyler's face.

"We've got to stop meeting like this," Tyler began to hand over his credit card but Noelle stopped him.

"I can pay for my kids lunches," she wasn't quite agitated, but there was an edge to her voice.

"Your kids?"

Noelle sighed. "The kids I nanny. My kids...same thing."

"Consider it a thank you for being the first person to welcome me to Dallas," Tyler slid his card across the counter.

"I stole your coffee!"

"And I stole yours!"

"We're even," Tyler slid his card back into his wallet.

She raised an eyebrow. "Are we?"

Was she flirting? Was he flirting? Could he flirt? Was that allowed?

Of course it was allowed, but could Tyler do it? Boston was a distant memory to him, but still in his very near past. But what harm was there in asking for her number?

Jordie's words rang in his ears. Was that what he was doing? Trying to get in her pants?

"Maybe we could make it even by me, oh I don't know, stealing your number?"

A look of confusion turned to a look of humor. She laughed. "That's smooth."

"Smooth enough for your number?"

Noelle sighed again. "I don't think I should be handing out my number while I'm working...but there's a party this weekend for the show. It might not be your scene but I could put you on the guest list... Maybe I'll see you there?"

Tyler wasn't sure what to say. A red carpet or a premiere was certainly not his scene, but an after party certainly could be.

"When?" He asked.

"Saturday night," Noelle was speaking quickly, edging towards the door. "Red carpet starts at six. Party at nine." She pushed the door open. "Be there."
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating this from my phone because my laptop sucks. *cries* It is what it is. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!