Dagger

Trust Me

I was so sure Edward would come back this way, this street, its not like it was meant to be abandoned. The balloons at every corner are still dancing freshly in the wind, a new mayor was eagerly campaigning here. I turned back and for a minute I put a hand on the bricks of a new bookstore. I felt something cool wipe the sweat I didn't know had glossed my forehead. A cool shiver ran through me as I turned to find myself in Edward's arms. I was already lost in his amber eyes, and he smiled at me taking one of my hands. I wonder what he thinks I'm doing here, I thought as I smiled back at him slightly uncertain. I know I'm not a good liar, but will Edward believe me, will he take me?

"Bella, what are you doing here," he whispered putting his cold hard face on my soft fleshy forehead, "didn't Alice have you booked for shopping?"

"Edward, can we go to Rexdale today?" I managed to pull those incessant words from my mouth before all I had to do was put myself on Autopilot and watch the angel innocently, he was already pulling me lightly towards his car.

He put me into the Volvo closing my seatbelt and then the door, I took a slow breath trying to keep my calm. If I didn't keep my calm, Edward would know something was up and my plan would be ruined. I glanced at Edward as he smiled with his fangs showing, pulling the car into reverse still watching me. At his speed and reflexes in driving we were at the other city in a matter of twenty quiet minutes. He didn't seem to question my silence, I was busy thinking hard, keeping my face as relaxed as possible, this was it.

"Edward can you take a left at the Police Station and then drive towards the school?" I glanced at him nervously pushing my messy hair aside so I could take in his reaction.

"Alright, what do you want to do there, it's summer you know?"

"I know, there's supposed to be an author signing today, I thought I'd get a book for Angela, its her favorite author." A name didn't come to mind, as I looked past his face and smiled wondering how wonderful it would be to be with him just for our lifetime.

"Do you want to stay long?" I smiled at his question, and the devil inside me laughed with heart, I knew it would be a long long time.

"Let's go in and see." I threw a smile towards him as I closed the silver door and walked towards the waiting, empty school.

Edward put his arm out and I took it knowing I would have to guide him carefully. This was a vampire with extreme senses, one wrong move and I would be out. Luckily I had the advantage of him trusting me. Oh how I hope his trust was enough for our love to last through this. Edward made a puzzled face at me as I pushed open the door. He must've been listening hard for people.

"Love, this place is empty, do you still want to go inside?" He stopped, holding me in place with him.

"Edward, leave something for the imagination, trust me." I pulled a playful smile on and threw my hair out of my face with my other hand.

"I guess I could, but I was never one to be surprised." He laughed and threw me a wink.

I smiled, my last lie to him for now, I pulled him into a classroom I knew would lock as soon as I closed the door. Clarice better be right about this, if I hurt him, I'll show her a bloodthirsty killer. I closed the door and pulled him over to the teacher's desk. He sat down on the table watching me with an amused look on his face. I took his hand and glanced at him sadly as I felt it cool and hard for the last time. I hugged him, and he hugged back slightly confused.

"Edward I love you, forever."

"I love you more than forever." He pushed my hair over my shoulder so he could look at my face, taking my hand with both of his.

"Anything wrong Bella?" He asked as I took a few rattling deep breaths.

"Close your eyes, this is supposed to be a surprise." A surprise bigger than anyone would have expected, I bit my lip and looked at his serene white angelic face.

This was it, he would no longer be like this, he would be mine and vulnerable to life and death. But did I want this? I had asked myself so many times this week that I knew I couldn't be more sure of what I wanted. But did he want this? He loves me, I thought, he would want anything I wanted. This is what I want, I thought right before I took out the knife she had given me and plunged it into his neck, I quickly pushed it aside and bit him hard. He did not scream, he was too shocked, I felt his arms around my hand drop. The warm metallic taste in my mouth burned the inside of my mouth. I spit on the floor, for the venom might have gotten to me later. And then what use would all this be?

He was sitting in cold shock, his mouth open in an O and his eyes fading from the bright liquid gold I was so accustom do something of a dead black. He closed them slowly, opening them slower still, his eyes glanced towards me before he closed them finally. What a look he gave me,it tore at my heart, but we would be together so soon, with no boundaries.

I pulled him straight on the table, his heavy immobile body. I went to the windows and closed the blinds glancing out to his lonely car in the parking lot. I would have to come back for him in three days, then he would be ready. I turned back to his table, and reached him slowly running my hand through his bronze hair, kissing his soft forehead. Already the change was beginning, I didn't, couldn't, want to be here for it. I pulled the keys out of his jean pockets and headed for the door not turning back. A look back would cost me too much and already had three days of guilt to come through. I reached home after an hour,pulling his car into the driveway and leaving the key inside. If it was stolen the it would be easier, the Cullens would be here by tomorrow at least, Alice would know something had happened, but not what and not who. 

My heart felt heavy as I pulled myself up the stairs of the empty house, Charlie was out at work, and I was here summer weekday as it was. Tuesday would come and I would go back to him. My eyes bled with tears as I finally managed to pull myself into my bed, my shoes and jeans still on. My heart was wearing thin and I couldn't bare knowing Edward was alone is some cold classroom with no one else. 

Over the past two days Charlie has gone about his normal routine, watching the game and today he went fishing. I have continued to put on a fake smile, my mind has been wondering constantly, and I am thankful for the thief of the Volvo. Its no lose to them, they can get it back in a matter of days, when Edward is back. If they still want it that is, my heart is sitting in another city all alone, and I haven't slept in the wait. I don't think they could care for anything, if not a car, if they knew where Edward was. 

Alice managed to come today,its Tuesday, she was wondering where Edward was unable to see him she was feeling worried. She had seen his car stolen, and had gotten it back already. I managed to tell her he was off to Spain for a week because there was a car show, wasn't there always car shows in European countries. She had given me an all knowing smile and left, slightly distraught and unaware of my thin facade. Two minutes after I heard her car speed out I picked up my keys and bag and rushed out to my truck. I was to get Edward today, he was waiting in the cold room for only me.

The hour to Rexdale was painful for my mind and body, as I clenched my fist on the steering wheel until bloody crescents had formed. Clarice had told me the school would be empty for the summer, and this was the best place to hide him, while he changed into something, someone I could be with.

As soon as I managed myself out the door I pulled the bag on and I was running into the school, through the empty classrooms. When I reached the door I was too frightened to open it I heard someone's rugged breathing on the other side. I opened the locked door and found a boy, my age, disheveled and lying on the floor with bloody fists and eyes on the ceiling. He was slightly pale, but more from fatigue than anything else. I walked towards him and he glanced at me surprised, he slowly brought himself up, his green eyes locked on mine, no expression on his face. His lips were dry and his body was weak, now he needed food. I pulled my bag open unable to look at him too long, for this was Edward and his face as a human was almost too horrific to look at. His face was as a masterpiece was faded over time, still beautiful but not the same. I watched him finish the water I had brought him in seconds, and soon he began on the sandwichs I had made earlier. Simple PB & J, but he consumed it with such force and pleasure it looked more appetizing. When he was done eating, he turned his back to lean on the table and watched me with his emerald eyes. I sat there looking at him wishing I knew how to talk to him now.

"Hi, I'm Edward." He put out his hand to mine and I looked at it and took it.

His hand was soft and warm, his thin fingers pulled back from mine as his emerald eyes reached my own boring brown.

"Edward, d-do you know who I am?"
"I know, I wanted to know if you knew who I was." He looked at me and smiled a small smile, cracking his lips slightly.

"Do you know what you are now?" He nodded glancing out the windows, which were glued tight by Clarice several weeks before.

"Do you want to come with me, we can get you some rest, and some more food and water?" He stood slowly, using the table for balance and then we walked towards the door watching it with awe.

I glanced at the windows and the doorknob, seeing the red lines and drops where he must've been trying to get out. I pulled my eyes away knowing it would be too much to dwell on. Now was time to move on and live with Edward in a way where we could grow old together, and when I was grey and wrinkled like Gran he would be sitting right beside me too.

I watched as Edward walked towards my car pulling himself into the passenger side slowly and closing the door. I pulled out of the school parking lot, knowing very well the whole time his eyes were fixed on my face. When we reached home, I knew Charlie wouldn't be there, work was long and there was trouble at the station with drunk drivers.

For the following weeks, I kept Edward in my room, keeping anyone and everyone out. He would quietly do whatever I ordered of him, whether to hide or to move something. He would not speak and his eyes would penetrate my soul whenever I dared to glance back. To keep myself from going crazy, I would curl up with him at night, and he would lie beside me shifting in his sleep restlessly. Never making a noise. I would also tell him about things, about the goings on of the town, my friends, and Charlie. I couldn't bare bring up the Cullens, not yet. They were incessant enough as it was trying to find Edward, I told them several times he was following the roadshow around, and they were pretty content with my lies, or at least satisfied. 

"Charlie told me at dinner that that gang that came last week is causing lots of trouble in Forks. They are always drinking late and they go driving late. And he told me not to go out much, cause he's worried they are during the day too. Angela is headed out to Italy next week with her parents so they can go to her cousins wedding. Yesterday we went shopping for her dress. It was blue with a sash, just below her knees." Edwards eyes watched me with interest as I continued to babble on about the towns goings on for another hour.

"Hey Edward, I think you should go out today? Come on." I pulled Edward up and he obliged and he followed me downstairs, leaning heavily on the railing.

 Edward went through the open door behind me and walked towards the road. He looked almost pleased with fresh air pushing his brown hair around his face. And I watched for a few minutes as he stood on the road with his arms open, smiling at the sky.

We both didn't see the bike coming, it was so fast, I barely looked at it before Edward was on the ground.  I screamed and watched as Edward turned slowly towards the bike and a look of shock formed on his face. The bike and Edward rolled away down the street badly injured. A few minutes passed and I began to run to Edward he was limp on the road, and the biker was struggling to stand. I felt a breeze go by me and suddenly Edward was gone, and I looked around me to see where he was and I continued to scream until the neighbor Mr.James took me inside.

Weeks passed.

I walked the streets of Forks alone. There was a more terrible hole inside me than when Edward left me the first time. This time it wasn't a choice, someone, most likely a vampire had taken him. I walked until sunset finding myself at the road towards the Cullens. If I don't tell them now, I won't tell them ever, I thought, better to get it over with.

Before I rang the doorbell I found Emmet at the door pulling me inside, he kept his face turned away. He left me in the foyer alone, and there I realized the Cullens had always known what I had done. I felt something lift me up and soon my hair was wiping around me and I could feel I was in a forest and I held on tight to the person carrying me. And when we stopped he put me down and I fell to the ground with the grass underneath me. I looked up to see Edward, arms crossed, eyebrow raised, smiling at me. 

"Bella, don't try that again." I looked at him and stood up to hug him.

"I-I never never never never." my voice was lost within me and I hugged him, cold and marble and I was glad he took me back.

Fin.
♠ ♠ ♠
June 14th 2010 4-6pm ish

If you like this, check out my other stories. Also leave your thoughts about this perspective ;)