Status: I will try to update as much as possible!

Finding My Way Home

New York, New York

The road trip is exactly what I need at the moment. While I don't want to leave Elizabeth, I needed to get away from Angie. Lately she's been driving me insane, although that might due to the fact I now realize how different Angela and Elizabeth are. I can't stop comparing them, and every time I do, I'm completely disappointed. Angela can't hold a candle to Elizabeth, well, most girls can't. There's something enigmatic about her, a façade that shouldn't be real but is, perfection. She has no faults, in a world of her own.

The New York game went well. We won 5-2, a good win in my book. We are now making the drive to New Jersey to play the Devils tomorrow. Driving down the streets of New York I can't help but wonder if I would have ever ran into Elizabeth if I had gone out clubbing. She was in that building supporting me all those times. It makes me feel so close to her even though she is miles away. We were in the same building, I was so close to her all those years and I had no clue. She did an excellent job staying away and hiding. If the positions were reversed I'm not sure I could have avoided her all those years. I have no self control when it comes to her, I never have. Questions race through my mind, pulling me from sleep. What has she been doing? Why did she leave, was she forced to leave? Where has she been all these years? Does she still love me?

"Hey Sid" Scuderi asks taking a seat next to me.

"Nothing much, you?" I ask hoping he doesn't see through my lie.

"I'm good, but you're not." he replies with a sly smile.

"If I tell you this, you'll think it's crazy." I warn him, but I'm desperate to tell someone, and he is the only one who knows about Cassie.

"Try me."

"Um... I saw Cassie again." I say and look at him.

"That's great man, I'm honestly in shock. She's not dead?" he asks stunned. He's in for it now.

"Yea, and that's not the worst part. Angela's mother is getting married, so we go to meet her new stepfather and sister; and there is Cassie with dyed hair and a new name. Cassie is now Elizabeth Jacobs, and my girlfriend is soon to be her stepsister. Oh and get this, she's dating some hotshot lawyer who her dad is grooming to take over his law firm." I finish leaving out a few details.

"Seriously?" He asks me, mouth nearly hitting the floor.

"As a heart attack." I reply sarcastically. This situation is seriously screwed up and I know it.

"I usually have advice or something that'll help, but I've go nothing." he replies dumbfounded.

"I have no clue what to do, and she just acted as if she didn't know me..." I trail off. It hurt that she acted like she didn't know me. All I wanted to do was throw my arms around her and she acts like she doesn't know me? I don't understand most things in this situation.

"The only thing I've got is hope you can still be friends through all of this." he reassures before squeezing my shoulder and going back to my futile attempt at sleep. Now that I've found her, the one thing I know for sure is I can't lose her.

The game against the Devils is going great. I already have two assists on the night and the game isn't over yet. Geno just scored his 40th goal of the season, and I assisted on that one. If we win this game, we'll be on an eleven game winning streak. Our playoff spot is pretty much a lock, and the team is winning. I'm really feeling good as I chase Parise down the ice and throw a body check, my sixth hit of the night. Next thing I know the Devils turnover the puck and I pass it to Kennedy who passes it to Cooke for a tip in. That makes for three assists with five minutes left in the game. We end up winning and skate out to Flower to congratulate him on the win. We win 5-2 again, which is hard to do against Broudeur, that guy is going to be in the hall of fame the minute he retires.

We are in the locker giving post-game interviews one reporter who I don't recognize walks up to me. She looks nice, a little plump, but she's intelligent. She asks the basic questions, and I give the damn near scripted answer before she thanks me for my time. She turns to me and extends her hand for a handshake, which is odd, but whatever.

"Good game tonight, and don't be late." she says, smiles, and walks away. I'm confused until I feel a piece of paper in my palm. Is seriously debate opening before deciding to do, I mean what is the worst could it be? I open the note and recognize the handwriting.
'Sid, meet me at the Marriot on Sixth room 206, 11:45. Don't be late, and don't get followed. -Elizabeth'

I do a double take on the note sitting in front of me, and read it over again to be sure I'm actually reading this right. Elizabeth is in New Jersey, and wants me to meet her in a hotel room... nothing suspicious right? I run to the shower and take the quickest shower in my life before running to put my suit back on. I tell the guys I'm going out for a couple hours and run out of the arena. I grab the closest cab I can find and tell him the hotel I need to go to. All the way to the hotel my leg shakes uncontrollably. I'm nervous to see Elizabeth. Why would she tell me to meet her at a hotel? What is she doing in New Jersey? Why can't I be followed? Is she actually going to tell me what I am so desperate to hear?

The cab pulls to a stop and I get out and walk into the hotel. The woman at the desk doesn't pay me any attention as I walk to the elevators. The doors open with a ding and I walk inside, and press the second floor. The elevator takes off and my heart stops, my hands turn clammy and I feel sick. I'm terrified to see her, what if she doesn't want me anymore? The doors open and I begin to walk down the hallway. I swear I'm walking in slow motion towards her door. I glance down at my watch and see it reads 11:43. I stop in front of the door and take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment, trying to calm my nerves. I lift my hand to knock on the door, and I swear and eternity passes by before the lock on the door is being fidgeted with. The door slowly creaks open and I see Elizabeth's big doe eyes looking up at me. A huge grin pulls across my face, and she grabs my arm and pulls me into the room.

**************
I am a really big idiot!! It just occurred to me that Rob Scuderi was playing for the Kings during this time and won the cup with them. Let's use our imaginations and say that she wasn't on that team even though he was extremely important to winning that cup. Sorry, but he's an important pawn in the story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated!! Guess what I did for New Years.... nothing!!! I'm sort of bumbed on writing because the Kings are going onto a four game losing streak and I miss Quick so much!! Anyway, KEEP COMMENTING AND SUSCRIBING!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! THESE NUMBERS ARE INSANE!!