True Friends Lie Underneath

Chapter 1

Fic

"I'll be back tomorrow okay, bye!" He shout the door behind himself and didn't even care to say an I love you, or give me a goodbye kiss.
"There he goes." Kellin sighed. We were at my apartment and watched JAIME, my boyfriend of over 3 years, walk into his car and leave.
"Where's he off to this time?" Kellin asked.
"Fresno." I replied. Jaime was a manager for a local band who were playing in Fresno tonight. But Kellin, on the other hand, didn't think so.
"I guess Jess finally picked a good one." Kellin turned his head from the window and got off the couch, going to the kitchen.
"Kellin, you gotta stop that." I begged.
"Stop what?"
"Stop accusing Jaime of cheating."
"But it's true! Look!" He pulled out a phone from his pocket and pointed at the screen.
"Fuck, Kellin! Gimme that!" I reached for the iPhone but he held it behind his back. What an ass! Kellin always thinks that just because he's my best friend that he has a right to get so caught up in my relationship with JAIME.
"This isn't him being faithful, Vic. Look! I have evidence this time!" He handed me Jaime's phone and opened a message for me.
"Hey honey, you were great last night.. Ass so tight.. Love the way you look under me??" Kellin recited message after message to me. I just stared at the screen, feeling nothing.
"Why." I managed to say. Why would Jaime do this to me? He loves me!
Or does he..
"I'm sorry Vic." Kellin sat us back down on the couch and turned the phone off.
"Vic, I'm sorry but.. If it were me, I'd never do that to you.. You know that."
"Shut up Kellin." I sighed, throwing a pillow on my face and closing my eyes.
"Why? Jaime doesn't take care of you! He didn't even remember to buy you a present for your birthday! He doesn't care!"
"I don't care anymore." I grunted back. I don't feel like giving a fuck about Jaime tonight to be honest..
"Vic.." I heard him get off the couch and walk around the apartment. It wasn't until he tapped my shoulder that I uncovered my face and looked at him.
"What's this?"
"Happy birthday you ass." He chuckled.
"You remembered." I smiled.
"Of course. You're my best friend.. I love you Vic." I chuckled at his poorly wrapped present and opened it.
"What's this?" I looked at the box and opened it, revealing old pictures and knick knacks inside.
"Our friendship.. Look, these are tickets I saved from when we went to Denver, Los Angeles, that one time we went to the zoo, oh and here's some beads from the necklace you brought me from your trip to Mexico!"
"I'm still mad you broke that necklace, costed me sixty pesos." I chuckled at the memory. It was a simple bear claw with a few colored beads and teeth decorating it. He managed to get it ripped off in a fight.
"Hey it wasn't my fault, you made that monster try to kill me."
"I'm not the one who called him a little bitch!" I laughed, remembering the stupid bar fight he got us into. We laughed together until it died down and we just sat on the couch.
"You deserve better than that." He said killing the silence.
"But who? When? I thought, I thought that maybe just this once, I found who I was looking for." I let my head bow down as I leaned over to look down at my shoes. A pair of burgundy vans I had gotten from Jaime as a present. The only present he ever gave me that was good.
"Remember when he got me these." I whispered.
"Yeah." He sighed next to me, shifting in his spot and getting closer.
"But he didn't get you anything today, or am I wrong?"
"No, you're right."
"I'm always right." He chuckled.
"And I'm your best friend. Come on."
"Where?" I watched him as he got off the couch and pulled my hands.
"Your room duh! You think I'm gonna let you live with him any longer?"
"Where will I go? I can't just pack my stuff and leave!" I stopped following him and crossed my arms over my chest.
"A. You're coming with me, and B. Of course you fucking can! Come on." He stepped closer to me and shook my shoulders, earning a small chuckle from me. I feel horrible, but it doesn't mean I can't let Kellin have some.
"Let's have some fun." He smirked.

We grabbed clothes and junk and made piles of what I would take and what I would leave with him.
"You bought him a lot of shit ya know?" Kellin saw price tag after price tag of expensive presents and gifts I had gotten for Jaime that he never bothered to use.
"Hey can I keep this?" Kellin tossed me a Call of Duty game that was never opened. I had gotten it for Jaime last Christmas and he swore he left it at his cousin's house, using that as an excuse to why he never played it anymore.. Or at all I guess.
"Go for it." He smiled and kept looking around.

With a bag of clothes and two suitcases filled with my belongings, we walked out of my old home and shoved everything into my car.
"Wait!" I shouted and ran back inside. I went over to the fridge and saw a picture I had taken with Jaime at a party.
"Eh, why the fuck not." I took it and ripped it in half straight through the middle. I felt the weight of the heartbreak fall off my shoulders. Jaime did me wrong, and I won't give him the benefit and chance to see me cry over him.
I walked to the hallway and grabbed another picture we had together, and took it to the kitchen. I stared at the picture one last time, noticing something, or someone, in the background. The picture was taken at my friend Tony's house when he was having a small party for a few friends. Me and Jaime were next to the grill holding hands as I looked at the camera with big cheesy grin. Behind us looking out from the kitchen window was my best friend.

Wait a minute.

"Kells." I said quietly. That's it, this is genius! I can't- no I can- oh dear god!
Kellin!" I called out again. My thoughts were insane and rushing and rising louder and louder in my head.
"Kellin!" I shouted one last time. I headed for the door right when he was holding the door to come in.
"What the fu-" I didn't let him finish. I won't let him finish.
"Okay first of all, whoa! And second, what the fuck?" His face was confused and shocked at my actions.
"I-I don't know." The sudden adrenaline rush and urge to kiss Kellin had left me breathe less.
"Okay." Kellin stood still and stared at me, shocked and a bit scared.
"Okay?" I repeated. My mind stopped racing and my stomach dropped at realizing what I just did. I felt my mood go from stoked, to just plain embarrassed and stupid.
"I just kissed my best friend." I stated.
"You did." He nodded his head.
"I'm so sorry," I shook my head and leaned back against the wall letting my eyes fall to the ground at our feet. I'm such a fool.
"Don't be." He sighed. And I watched as he took a step closer, looked up at my hands as he grabbed them... And felt my head be nudged by his own, to look up and see him looking right back at me.
"Don't be sorry." He grinned and closed the gap between our lips. He kissed me softly and let the kiss be smooth and caring.

I'm kissing my best friend.
My one true friend, the one who was always there for me ever since high school. My best friend..
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading >^_^<