Status: Currently active- Need ideas!

Just One More Dance

The Reception

It was already 5 and I was running late. The reception would start in half an hour and I wasn't even dressed yet, nor was my hair done.

I quickly grabbed the flat iron and straightened a few bits and pieces of my hair, not wanting to finish off because driving to the reception would take about as much time as fully straightening out my hair. I slipped on my lilac short reception dress and my black pumps.

I sprayed on some perfume and grabbed the car keys. Everyone already had left and I was most likely the last one to reach the reception. And I was correct.

I quickly slid through the doors right when the speeches were about to begin. I grabbed my seat next to my sister and smiled. Our father was going first in the speech, then my mother, and finally me.

Once I stood up while holding the microphone in my hands, I started.

“Well it has been a long time since I have made my last speech.” I started with a huff, my fingers slightly shaking. I was horrible at speeches.

“We all know that once my sister loves someone, she won’t give up until they’re dead or hers.” I said with a chuckle as everyone laughed.

“All I want to say is that my sister and Vince look adorable together, and knowing her, she won’t give up on him. And Vince…” I said looking right at him.

“If you ever hurt her, I will find you, and I will break every bone in your body.” I finished off with a smile. Vince looked terrified. Everyone smiled and laughed a bit after that, but Vince stared at me wide eyed until the dances begun and he was dragged off to dance with my sister.

“Nice speech you had there.” Kenneth whispered in my ear his southern accent sending me chills up my spine.

“Thanks.” I laughed looking into his beautiful brown eyes.

“Do you want to dance? Everyone else is and you and I are just sitting at the table.” He chuckled taking my hand in his as I nodded. Holy fuck I was dancing with Kenneth Nixon!

“So will you actually break every bone in his body if he hurts her?” Kenneth asked me as we danced together.

“Oh I sure will. I've broken a few noses back in the day before. Maybe that’s why I was always good at boxing.” I chuckled.

“Boxing eh?” Kenneth grinned.

“Yeah, I quit about half a year ago. I was undefeated. But I got sued for about 2 grand after I fucked up another girl’s face in the ring.” I shrugged as he spun me to the slow music.

“Well, hopefully I won’t get on your bad side. You look like you can throw a few bad ass punches.” Kenneth chuckled.

“You should have thought about that before you pushed me into the pool dickwad.” I laughed along with him.

“Right, sorry about that. Although I have to admit, you looked good wet.” He winked and he spun me once again and dipped me down, bringing his face only centimeters away from mine. I blushed as he brought me up again and we danced in circles.

“Well then, we can always arrange that.” I winked giving him a kiss on the cheek as the song ended and I parted my ways with him. He stood there shocked as I walked towards the bar. I sat down and ordered a Gin and Tonic, shortly after he trailed behind sitting right next to me.

“Straight up Vodka please.” He said to the bartender and I took a sip of my drink.

“So what did you mean by that?” he asked me after he took a shot.

“Mean by what?” I asked completely innocent.

“By…” he looked around then came closer and whispered in my ear. “By ‘we can always arrange that.’…?”

“Oh, I’m sure that you know what I meant.” I winked once again, finishing off my drink as my little sister came up to me and took me out to dance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting a bit spicy! xD