Status: Currently active- Need ideas!

Just One More Dance

Dance Class

The night finished with everyone either drunk or half asleep. Well I wouldn't blame them; it ended at 5 in the morning.

I wasn't as sober as I was drunk, but we ended up all safe in our beds at home. Although don’t ask me how because I don’t know. The next morning by the time I wandered into the kitchen Allison was making pancakes for the whole family.

“Good morning.” I smiled looking at everyone at the table. My father was reading the newspaper while his wife was setting the table with the help of Jessica.

Vince was pouring himself a glass of water as he took medication to help with his hangover. He handed some to me.

“Thanks.” I nodded gulping it down. He just shrugged.

“Pancakes are ready!” Allison cheered. For someone who also got drunk last night, she sure didn't seem hung over at all. Jessica smiled brightly as she stole the first pancake off the dish and poured syrup all over it.

“God these are delicious. Since when did you learn how to cook?” I asked as I gulped down the rest of my pancake.

“About a year ago. I took cooking classes since Michelle is the only one who cooks around this household. I wanted to help out.” my sister replied with a smile. I looked over to Michelle who smiled while slowly eating her pancake.

“Well hey, once I start a family I’m going to hire you as my personal chief.” I laughed. My sister laughed along with me.

After everyone finished eating and all the dishes were put away, Ali decided that the whole family should learn how to dance.

She and Jason would have more practice for their dance, while everyone else would learn the tango. We arrived at the dance studio and there was the choreographer. Everyone got partners, except for me.

“Don’t worry Ronnie, Kenneth will be here soon.” Vince winked at me. My body got tense. I was suppose to dance with Kenneth?

“Speaking of the Devil. There he is.” Vince nudged me in the ribs right when Kenneth walked through the doors in a black tank top and jeans.

“Hey man.” His accent crackled through my body, making me want to melt. Kenneth slapped Vince’s hand right before the to be married couple were being pulled into a separate room.

“So, we’re dance partners yeah?” Kenneth asked me. All I could do was nod. Kenneth then pulled me into his arms and dipped me. My mouth gaped open.

“Come on sweetheart. All I want to do is make a good impression.” Kenneth winked.

“Fine by me, two can play at this game.” I snapped at him, moving my hips to the beat of the music.

Our bodies danced in union as the music went from slow to fast. His hands always on my hips. The music changed it’s beat as it went from one song to the next. It felt like we were the only ones in the room.