Status: Hope you enjoy there might be a sequel if you want! Enjoy

Fight For What You Have

~Chapter 5: Fight and Flight~

The next morning we set out to take our flight back to Burlington so that we can track down Jeff. SWS will be doing a concert in 2 weeks in Burlington at the high school in the cafeteria for the high school. It’s been 2 months since we’ve been home. SWS is already in Burlington because their ahead of schedule which is very good. We board the plane. I sit between James and Keaton. Keaton on my left, James on my right. I put my head on James’ shoulder and look up at him. He smiles and pecks my lips. I smile. That’s the first time we’ve done that in 2 months. I close my eyes and try to sleep.
A few hours later we are in Kansas and I wake up to Keaton and James talking. We land at the KCI airport with our belongings from clothes to weapons. We grab our things get off the plane and SWS tour bus is waiting for us. We all board the bus and head back to Burlington. The whole band knows my story now. Once we arrive in Burlington we go to the hotel there. I go into my room, and lie on my bed. I start to cry because I miss my family so much. They were the best people ever. I never fought with them, they were always there when I needed them, and they were the best friends that I had when no one else was there for me. I miss them so much, I need them here. Pretty soon when I’m done crying I fall asleep. I wake up to Mr. Over.
“Hey sweetie, I heard you crying in here earlier. Are you okay?” He says.
“Yeah, I was crying and no I’m not really okay at all.” I say.
“You wanna talk about it?” He asks.
“Yeah sure sit down make yourself comfy. I miss my family a lot. I never fought with them, I always got along with them, they were the best thing ever, they were my best friends when no one else was they were the ones that were always there for me when nobody else was and I was there for them. I have to stay strong though and find Jeff. So I can have a funeral and put my family to rest. Then I’m going to have to figure out if at 14 I wanna live on my own here in town, or be adopted by someone in my family that is out of town.” I say.
“Well if you decide that you want to be adopted Christy and I would love to be that family that takes you in. We’d love to be the family that you can have. Christy and I have always wanted another daughter. Plus since the day you were born you were like another daughter to me. Christy and I were there when you were born.” He says.
“If you want to take me in then I will go through with that option. Just give me time to get Jeff, and then give me time to lay my family to rest then you can take me in legally. I will always be a Sullivan but after I lay my family to rest I will be more than happy to become an Over.” I say.
“Great, I’ll let Christy know and we’ll go from there good luck on finding Jeff. I’ll be here anytime you need me I’m ready to help in any way.” He says.
“Thank you Mr. Over.” I say.
“Please call me Dirk you’ve been around long enough that you can call me Dirk.” He says hugging me.
“Thanks Dirk.” I say smiling and hugging him back.
“I love you Rhian and I’m going to be happy when I can call you my own little daughter plus we have a slight resemblance.” He says.
“I love you too, Dirk. I can’t wait til I can call you my dad.” I say. He leaves the room and I stay on my bed. I guess being adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Over won’t be such a bad thing. I decide since school would be in session right about now that I go check it out and say hello to everyone. I want to go pay the high school a visit so that they know I’m okay. I go to Dirks room and knock on the door.
“Hey you want to go up to the school with me to visit everyone and let them know that we’re all okay?” I say.
“Yeah let’s go round up everyone else so that we know they stay safe.” He says.
“Kay.” I say. We go round up everybody and let them know. Dirk says that he wants to go see his wife and kids like my best friends they wanna go see their families so I say that was okay but I was going to visit everyone back at school. They will be highly secured by SWS extra security. I take my knife and stuff it in my boot. I put my bow on my back like any other time just in case Jeff is there to harm anyone else. I head up to the school alone with my weapons. When I get to the parking lot Jeff is there waiting for me. Oh no he’s here for me. I get out and go up to him ready for a fight. He grabs me by the throat, so I kick him. I grab a stick on the ground and fight him. I knee him in the stomach a few times so that he’ll be down long enough for me to run into the school. There’s a cliff at the end of the cafeteria and in the bottom there’s water. I run to the front entrance Jeff behind me and a few other guys. I run into the school them following me. I see Mr. Over, Mr. Thacker and my best friends in the cafeteria with the rest of the school. I sprint through looking behind me to see where their at. I head straight for the cliff to jump off. When I arrive to the cliff I jump off looking up the guys stopped there. I hit the water and go halfway down so I stay that way and swim towards the locker rooms. When I get there I find a point I can get up and out. My weapons are still intact so I go into a locker room. I crawl out of the water and onto the floor. I’m in the boys’ locker room. I run out of the locker room quietly. I go for the doors heading outside.