Seeing Is Believing

12

“Macy, I don't know what to do,” Zak said with a sigh as they were on the plane back to Savannah. “I don't know how to...God...I...” he was still shocked. I reached over and took his large hand in my smaller one.

“Hon, it's all going to be okay,” Evan was asleep in the seat beside me and Mason was napping in the row in front of us.

“He doesn't even like me!” he replied. Evan had chosen to sit beside me for whatever reason. “How am I supposed to make him like me?”

“I don' know how to make 'im like ya. But, I kno' how ya can try to help the situation...”

“How?”

“We're gonna be in southern Georgia, right? Ya know what's not too far 'way? Disney World...All kids wanna go there...”

“Disney World?”

“Christmas is in like a week an' Santa can bring Disney tickets...”

“How did you get to be so smart?” he asked. I just smiled. “God, I love you so much.”

“I love ya too,” I smiled.

“Who else would be so damn supportive even when I find out I've got a kid that I didn't know about.”

“How can I fault ya for that?” I asked seriously. He didn't know about it so it wasn't like he lied to you. “But y'know it's obvious he's yer kid. He's got yer eyes.”

“You think so?”

“Mm hmm. I know so.”

***

Once we got back to the house in Savannah, I decided to show Evan around a little bit.

“Do ya like horses?” I asked him.

“Why do you talk funny?” he asked.

“What do ya mean?”

“You don't talk like anybody else...”

“'M from Tennessee and we have southern accents,” she replied, realizing he meant her accent.

“I've never seen a horse up close...” he said.

“Do ya wanna?”

“Aren't they scary?” he asked.

“Not these...I can show ya the house first if ya want,” I offered.

“That would be better.”

“Okay,” I smiled. “So how old're ya, Evan?”

“Six. How old are you?”

“Twenty-eight,” she laughed.

“You're old,” he said. “How old's my dad?”

“I'm not old, punk,” I said playfully. “Yer dad is thirty-three,” I replied anyway.

“Is Mason your kid?”

“He's my nephew. What do ya like to do?”

“I like to draw.”

“What do ya draw?” He shrugged as we walked into the house. Zak had went off to his office to research the Disney World idea. “You're gonna get a room all to yerself, it's got more beds than ya need but, it's all yers.” Mason had decided that he was going to sleep in the guest bedroom on the way here so that neither of them had to sleep in the “girls'” room. I led him upstairs to the rooms and showed him his. “I'll leave ya 'long so ya can get set up, okay?” he nodded. I wished that I knew what to do for him, but I didn't. So, with a sigh, I walked into the study where Zak was with his laptop. He was turned around at the desk that faced the window, I knew that he heard me come in, but I walked over and wrapped my arms around his upper body anyway.

“Hey there,” he said, sounding exhausted.

“What'd ya find?” I asked.

“Not much...How many parks should we do?”

“Dunno...How many days do ya wanna be there? 'S prolly a busy time...”

“No kidding. There's not much, I'm trying to find rooms next to each other...”

“We coul' all share a room...” I said. He shook his head.

“And make Mason and Evan share a bed?”

“I guess not,” I said. “What 'bout that one?” I pointed to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, wondering if he'd looked at that one yet.

“Uh, hold on,” he clicked on it. “Well, look at you, my lucky charm,” he looked over and kissed me. “I've checked like every other resort...and then you walk in here and I find something.” There just so happened to be two rooms right by each other.

“I'm glad...”

“Are you okay with all of this? That I've like got a kid?”

“Why wouldn't I be, Sweetie?” I asked. “Like I said earlier, you didn't know. Besides...I love kids...”

***Zak's POV***

She loved kids. I knew that, but it was a painful reminder that they didn't get to have their baby. I wanted to somehow make it better, it probably didn't help that I now had a kid that wasn't hers as well, even though she would never tell me that. I know her well enough to know that.

“What's on yer mind?” she asked. I had always loved her accent. I thought that it was cute.

“Nothing...” I said quickly.

“When're we goin' back to Vegas?” This was something that we hadn't talked about yet.

“When do you want to go back?” I asked.

She didn't reply for a moment, she was considering it. “Well...How long're ya gonna be filmin'?”

“Mm we've got quite a few locations to get done...Why?”

“Well...Maybe-Are ya takin' Mason with ya?”

“If he wants to go,” I replied.

“I was thinkin' that maybe me an' Evan could stay here, in Georgia, 'stead of goin' back there.”

I didn't want to leave her in Vegas, not after last time. I turned in the office chair so that I wasn't under the desk anymore and she took the hint before sitting on me.

“That's fine, if that's what you want to do...But I could just...Take you with me too. On some locations, it would be awesome to have a female investigator...like the prisons.”

“But then what're we gonna do with Evan?” she asked.

“He can help Billy or something...I don't know. I just...I don't know if I feel comfortable leaving you anywhere by yourself, baby.”

“I'll be fine, Zak,” she replied, looking at me with a small smile. “'Sides, I'll have Evan...”

“Yeah but...I...”

“Yer sweet but I don' wanna mess up yer show. The fans watch it to see ya, not yer girlfriend.”

“You wouldn't be on there as my girlfriend, you'd be an investigator...”

“Honey, that'd be awesome an' I love ya, but...”

“But what? You'd get to travel all over the place and I wouldn't have to worry about you every time I go into a lockdown with possible demonic activity. I know! You could like be our photographer.”

“Ya really want to be stuck with me forever? An' it wouldn't jus' be me...”

“I know, I don't really want to spend weeks at a time without my son either.”

“Maybe we can try it...”

“Sounds good to me, baby. I love you so much...”

“I love ya too, babe.” I pulled her in and kissed her sweetly.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: This author's note is a bit more personal but I have like got to tell somebody other than my friends. My sixteenth birthday is this May and I've decided what I want to do. Instead of doing some big bash with a bunch of people, I wanna go on this Ghost Tour (I live like 45 minutes away from Cincinnati, Ohio) and it goes two three different locations Windsor Elementary School, The Sedamsville Rectory, and Bobby Mackey's Music World. I'm so excited! I think that it'll be awesome but scary at the same time!!!