Status: Updates as soon as I can!

New Beginnings

Starting Fresh

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep... The buzzer on my alarm clock goes off. I am not sure how long it has been beeping now, but all I want to do is sleep. In my new room, it has been hard for me to sleep the past week. I reach over and slam my hand down on the clock to shut it off. As I lean up in bed and open my eyes, the light from the crease in the shades hits my eyes. As my eyes adjust to this new light, I look for the time. “Dang it!” I scream. It is my first day at my new high school, and I am already running late!

I wanted to make a good impression on my new classmates, so I jump out of bed and run to the shower. While rinsing my hair, I realized I haven’t brushed my teeth yet. While drying off my hair with one hand, I brushed my teeth quickly with the other. I rushed into my room and picked out my favorite jean dress. I had just gotten it the summer before, and wear it anytime that I go someplace special. After I put it on, I straiten my hair back in the bathroom.

As I look upon my reflection, I smile softly getting myself ready for today. My hair has gotten longer over the past year; it was almost down to my hips. My hair was a deep brown color, with light copper highlights. My eyes were a light brown with a copper ring around them, which matched eloquently to my hair.

Once my hair was straightened, I quickly went down the stairs of our four story home. I lived with my Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Tom. They were standing in the kitchen talking intensely about something to do with one of their jobs. My uncle is a lawyer, and my aunt is a doctor at a large hospital. Neither of them noticed me walk into the kitchen a few steps. Just as I took another step forward, I realized I had forgotten my book bag upstairs in my room.

Dang it, I thought as I ran back upstairs to grab my bag. It was my favorite as well. It was a light purple with yellow strips on it, and had some of my favorite pendants on it. As I was walking back down the stairs, I looked at my watch. It read 9:10. Now I am actually late. School starts at 9am, and I’m late. Why does this always happen to me I pondered.

I ran back downstairs into the kitchen, this time with a little more intensity in my movements. “Why are you still at home? You should be in school, it started ten minutes ago” my aunt looks at me with concern in her voice and worry in her eyes. I quickly jumped back. I had completely forgotten that my aunt and my uncle were in the kitchen and her sudden voice had scared me.
“Aunt Jenn! You scared me! I’m leaving now. I know I’m late.” I quickly said. I grabbed my lunch bag out of the refrigerator. I stopped suddenly, just for a moment, with a picture of my parents and me on a sunny day that was on the front of the fridge. I still remember that day last year, and how happy that we all were.  

I came back to reality, and speed was back in my step. I ran out the door and to my car. This was the moment that I realize I had forgotten my key inside the house. I dropped my things by the car and jogged back to the house. I grabbed the key and yelled out “bye”.

As I was closing the door, I hear my aunt yell out, “goodbye, have a good day today sweetie.”
I look upon my car as I walk back to it. It was my first car ever and I absolutely loved it. It was a light tone of orange, my favorite color. I thought it was too expensive of a car, but my aunt and uncle didn’t care to buy it for me for my last birthday. It was a beautiful Mustang, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it for the first time.
On my way to school I blasted to the new Hilary Duff CD playing in the CD player. I sung as loud as I could on my way to school listening to the song Fly. I didn’t even realize that I had passed my school entrance. I turned around as quickly as I could, and pulled into the schools parking lot. I shut off the music as I found a parking spot. I was thankful that we lived so close to the school, because now I was only thirty minutes late.

As I got out of the car, I looked at the school sign. It read Berrylind High. I chuckled as I read the name. Who would want to name a school Berrylind, I wondered to myself. I grabbed my bag and jogged towards the door. As I entered the door to the school, I was suddenly hit hard that shook my whole body. BAM! I fell straight backwards onto my butt. I looked up a little dazed and a guy was looking down at me. He was so handsome. Had wavy brown hair that just covered his ears, muscular, and deep brown eyes that I just couldn’t look away from.
“I’m sorry,” he says shyly with a small smile.

“No. It’s not your fault, its mine. I wasn’t watching where I was going. I am completely late and do not know where I am going.” I say quickly as I just cannot seem to look away from his eyes and tanned skin.

“Don’t worry it’s okay. So you’re new here, huh?” He says with a smile that’s growing wider, slowly showing straight pearly white teeth.

“Yes” I reply nervously. Who are you? The question swarmed around in my head.

He looks at me with amusement in his eyes, “well at least you’re only a half hour late, and not a whole three hours. Now that would be bad!”
I laugh a little after I hear what he says. “I have to go, I have to go get my schedule and get to class.”
“Okay” his smile widens even more, even though I didn’t think that was possible. “Well I hope that we can meet up later, so I’ll be able to get to know you better.”

“Sounds great” I say cheerfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have definitely changed this chapter quite a bit. I thought that it would be better this way. I will update chapter 2 as soon as possible! :)

Thank you for reading! :) Hope you all like it!