Status: Working on it ^_^

Broken

Chapter 2

On my way home I spot a car on the side of the forest shortcut I take. It's a black BMW, obviously owned by someone rich. I hear chuckling before I see 5 guys walk out of the words. The car must belong to them.

I see 4 guys with brown hair, and one with blonde. They all have tattoos except for the blonde, which is weird. They are all laughing and holding beer bottles that have so much condensation on them it's dripping off their hands.

I don't even realize I'm staring at them until one with curly brown hair and beautiful green eyes says, "What the fuck are you staring at!"

I go wide eyed, look away quickly, and quicken my pace. I didn't expect him to be so rude, he looked so nice. He even had a Ramones shirt on like me which made me think maybe he'd say hi because we had the same taste in bands. But who am I kidding, stuff like that only happens in books.

Harry's POV

"And then he slipped and fell off the balcony and onto the grass! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!" Niall says and we all laugh. Well, excluding me. I just chuckle at Niall's sense of humor.

We are all walking back to our car after going to the secret place we have in the woods where we drink and have a good time. I see a girl with brown hair and a Ramones shirt on, like me. Her blue eyes sparkle under the little sunlight peeking through the forest trees above. She's not that bad looking. I almost say hi until I see her staring, which I fucking hate. I hate people who stare, it's the most annoying shit ever.

"What the fuck are you staring at!" I say to her. She goes wide eyed and looks scared before she looks away and quickens her pace. That was an asshole thing to say but she needs to realize that's rude. I hate Americans and their rude behavior.

"Woah man chill, maybe she thought you were hot." Zayn says and nudges my elbow. I glare at him and he gives me a half drunk smirk.

"She's a hot little number ain't she?" Louis slurs. God these drunks. All of them have had 3-4 beers and I'm only on my first. Looks like I'm the designated driver, again.

"Yeah she is." Niall says.

We all hop into the car and I turn on the ignition. I drive past her and stare her down the whole time. God damnit she is pretty hot. But fuck her and her rudeness, shoulda said some other shit to make her realize it.

Vanessa's POV

I arrive home and hear the yelling already. But this time, it's only my father yelling. I go into the living room to see what's going on, and I cringe when I walk in. My father has pushed my mother onto the ground and is yelling hurtful things towards her.

"You fat cow can't even run 30 seconds to save your goddamned life!" He screams.

"Stop!" I say. He can't keep treating her like this.

"Vanessa go upstairs." My mom says.

"No, Vanessa. Why don't you join the fun?" My father says.

I shake my head but he grabs my arm and forcefully pulls me over there. His grip loosens a bit when we step in front of my cowering mother. I frown at her and I see tears pooling in her eyes.

"Call her a bitch." He hisses. His grip tightens again, which I'm sure is gonna leave a bruise.

"No..." I manage to choke out. He punches me hard in the stomach. I wince and double over in pain.

"Say it!"

"You're... you're a bitch." I whisper. I see the tears fall from my mothers eyes.

"Tell her you hate her."

Tears start staining my face before I can stop them. He slaps me in the face and cracked my dry lips, drawing blood. "Say. It." He says again.

"I hate you..." I whisper. He throws me against the wall and stalks out of the room.

I hit my eye on the corner of a picture frame, which I know will leave a black eye. I whimper on the ground and feel as though I can not move. He knocked the wind out of me so I can barely breathe. My mother sits next to me caressing my cheek, before I just decide to lay there and sleep the pain away.

---

I wake up to my phone buzzing in my pocket. I am still on the floor and neither my mother or father are anywhere to be seen. I must have slept until morning.

I pull myself up and walk upstairs. I head into the bathroom and am immediately taken back by my horrible appearance. There are black tear streaks going down my face and I have a black eye. My cheek is slightly bruised where he slapped me. On my arm is a big bruise. My hair is a complete mess. I also have dried blood on my lip from where it cracked.

I sigh and strip down and then step into the shower. The warm water is nice on my aching body. It almost soothes me. Almost...

I get out and get dressed in a black white tank top, navy blue floral print cardigan, jeans, and my navy blue toms. I dry my hair and straighten it before applying my makeup. I conceal the awful bruises on my face and put on a bit of mascara. The black eye is harder to conceal, but I decide not to try and conceal it. No one will really care anyways.

Upon arrival to work I'm informed I have to work the cash register today. Which would be great, if I was good with people. I am not.

I timidly walk over to the register and sit on the stool behind it. After a while I hear the bell chime and look up from the number of vinyl records I was looking through. It's the boy from yesterday, the one who yelled at me. I look away from him even though I don't want to. He's extremely good looking. I softly watch him go through the CDs in the 'R' section before choosing one.

Harry's POV

"Damn it, Liam!" I say. Liam has just broken my favorite Rolling Stones CD. If he wanted to listen to it so bad he should have let me put it in the disc player.

"I'm sorry, Harry." He says. "It just wouldn't go in."

"Whatever I'll just go get a new one, I'll be right back." I hiss. I shake my head and grab my keys before leaving my apartment.

I start the car and head to the mall. Once there I head straight for the music store. I'm still pretty pissed so I'm kind of scowling which is intimidating people walking by, especially those stupid ladies at the booths that try to get me to buy their phone cases or whatever the fuck they sell. Which is good because I don't want to talk to them anyways.

I walk into the music store and head straight the section labeled 'R'. I scan the selection. Red Hot Chile Peppers... Rihanna... Ray Charles... Ah Rolling Stones! I snatch the CD off the shelf and make my way to the check out section.

I place the album on the counter and look at the cashier. It's the girl from the forest. But what the... "What the fuck happened to your face?" I think aloud. Shit. I shouldn't have said that out loud.

I watch her eyes go wide and she stops for a second. I can see she feels uncomfortable. "Never mind. I didn't want to say that out loud."

"That'll be eleven dollars." She says and I couldn't hear the last part because she's speaking so quietly.

"What?" I say.

"Eleven dollars." She gets a little louder but not too much louder.

"Oh." I hand her the money and she gives me my CD. I can't help but notice the way her hair shines under the florescent lighting. What am I saying. That's weird.

I walk out of the store with her on my mind. Why am I thinking about her like this, I never think of anyone this way. Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long. Sorry if you don't like long chapters.

I imagine Vanessa as Carly Rae Jepsen. But much shorter I guess.

Well I hope you all enjoy the story so far! <3