Status: Working on it ^_^

Broken

Chapter 3

Harry's POV

"Yay you got the new one, now this party can start!" Liam says, taking the bag from my hand.

"Let me do it ya twit." I say snatching the bag back. He fake frowns before chuckling and sitting on the couch.

I shake my head and take out the case and peel the plastic off of it. I open it and take the CD out. I blow on it to remove any dust just in case and then slowly push it into the player. I press play then turn it up to an acceptable volume.

"You remember that girl from the forest?" I say to no one in particular.

"Yeah." Niall says.

"Well I seen her at the mall." I say.

"Oh no way did you get her number?" Louis says, leaning over to see me behind Liam's head.

"No..." I say. I thought of me asking for her number and watching her cute blue grey eyes widen at my request. My cheeks heat up at the thought.

Am I blushing? No no of course not. I never blush.

Vanessa's POV

He asked about my face. No one ever asks about my face. But that doesn't mean he randomly cares about me. I don't think anyone cares about me.

I stayed behind the counter for the rest of the day, only having about 9 or 10 more people come through. Some bought CDs and some just came in to listen to free music. At the end of the day I closed up once again and started walking home again.

I walked outside the mall doors and took in a deep breath of the cool crisp air. It was kind of chilly out and I mentally slap myself for not bringing a jacket. My arms and legs begin to get goosebumps as another gust of wind blows through. I pull together my cardigan to block my chest and my teeth begin to chatter.

I see a car pull up next to me and begin to walk faster. I've seen a couple of shows and I do not want to end up like the person on them. I hear a window roll down, but I don't look to see who it is.

"Do you need a ride? It's chilly out." I hear a familiar English accent say.

I look and see it's the guy from the forest. Why does he keep popping up in random places? I shake my head and keep walking.

"Just get in the car." He says. I shake my head no again.

"Get in before I leave you here in the god damn cold." He spits. I look at him for a moment before giving in and shaking my head yes. This guy is not going to go unless I say yes so might as well.

He stops and I jog over to the passenger side. I get in his car and it's warm and smells like cologne. I blow on my hands to warm them more. He starts driving down the highway in silence, but I can't tell if it's a comfortable silence or not.

Why did he pick me up? I think. I want to ask him but I'm not sure if I should.

"Where are you going?" He asks, stopping at a red light.

"Home.." I say quietly.

He chuckles lightly, "I meant an address."

"Oh.." I give him my address and we are in silence again.

"Why did you pick me up...?" I ask quietly.

"What was that?" He says, looking at me.

I pry my eyes from my hands to look at him. "Why did you pick me up?" I say.

"Well I..." He looks as if he's searching for an answer. "You looked cold, ok? Don't ask why and just take my nice gesture." He scoffs.

He doesn't have to be a jerk. I stay silent before we pull up in front of my house. All of the lights are off in side. The outside looks inviting, a cute white house with a black shingled roof. There's Halloween decorations on the outside and some shrubs and flowers lining the house. It's a regular everyday house. On the inside it's anything but that.

"Thanks." I say before opening the door and stepping out of the car.

"Wait!" He says. I open the door again. "Will you.. will you give me your number?" My eyes go wide and I start to blush, no ones ever asked me for my number.

"Wha... What?" I say. I can't seem find my words.

"Never mind it was stupid of me to ask..." He says.

"No no.. I'll give you my number." I say, still astonished he wants it.

"Cool." He half smiles.

I give him my number and thank him again for my ride. I watch him drive away in his black car. Well, that was a different reaction than I usually get from people.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like the story so far? Do I need to work on anything? Give me some feedback please! (: