Sequel: Her Silver Chain
Status: Rec | Comment and motivate me to keep up. <3

Her Black Cross

Comfortable Feeling

Image


When I woke up and realized I wasn’t home or in a hotel, I tried hard to think about what happened last night. Deciding that it couldn’t be anything that I had to feel shocked about, I got up from the comfortable double bed and walked to the door, realizing I was only wearing a white shirt which wasn’t mine.

Opening the door, I walked down the corridor to what was supposed to be the living room, and I wasn’t wrong, but imagine my face as I starred at a guy wearing only his black boxers as he was cooking to the other side of the room. The kitchen and the living room where connected with a large table to the left side where the wall that used to separate the two rooms was supposed to be. As the guy turned towards me holding a fork and a bowl filled with what looked like pancakes, I saw a lit smoke between his lips. He looked nice, too nice.

Remembering him as the guy who was with me after Mia left, and as the guy who had sex with me, and even got my number on his own account, I laughed like an idiot for no particular reason. He jumped at the sound of my laughter and he smiled at me, before he said, ‘’Oh, you’re up.’’ He placed the bowl on the counter and the spoon as well before he asked, ‘’pancakes?’’ and he picked one more fork for me, before he left his cigarette on the ashtray.

‘’Sure,’’ I replied ad I took a seat on the table. I picked up the fork and inserted a pancake inside my mouth, chewing slowly as I asked, ‘’my clothes?’’

‘’In the washing machine. Sadly, I woke up half hour before you, so you’re gonna have to wait if you want to wear them, but you can always pick something of mine if you’d like.’’ He sat on the other side of the table and picked up the other fork to grab a bite.

‘’I take it that you changed my clothes?’’ I asked, not really caring that he did.

‘’Yes, and I can’t even begin to tell you how nice you look in my shirt, considering you are wearing nothing else underneath.’’ He smirked and I smiled at him.

‘’I can imagine, ‘’ I muttered, grabbing one more pancake. ‘’These are good,’’ I said, licking my lips.

‘’I know,’’ he said as he winked at me, like winking was going to get him anywhere.

‘’So, what did we say your name was?’’ I asked, frowning. I honestly couldn’t remember his name but for a guy he looked delicious. It wasn’t like only Mia could have fun with Havoc; I could do the same thing and actually enjoy it. Was I being cruel? I wasn’t sure, but I needed a change, and that guy was going to be it.

‘’Ouch! That hurt,’’ he said faking a hurt face and his grey eyes shined. Those eyes were just too mesmerizing. ‘’Zander, ‘’ he stated. ‘’Zander Noose, a pleasure meeting you,’’ he introduced himself again like he was a noble guy that belonged to another century.

‘’You’re funny,’’ I smiled at him, grabbing yet another one pancake.

‘’That too; among other things.’’ He copied me by eating another one as well. ‘’Now that I think about it, I didn’t manage to make you scream my name when we were having sex, that hurt too.’’ He faked another hurt face, and then, he got up from his seat and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. ‘’Water, coffee…’’ he started, ‘’or orange juice?’’

‘’Juice, please.’’ I said, and picked up his cigarette. I need one and he had one lit up in front of me, I couldn’t resist. The smoke filled my lungs and I welcomed it like the calming poison it was.

‘’That’s mine,’’ he said, handing me a glass of juice.

‘’And now it’s mine,’’ I said while sticking out my tongue and winking at the same time all the while with a smile hugging my face.

‘’Alright,’’ he said and he disappeared for a bit before he returned with a packet, and a new lit cigarette to match his cocky smile.

I turned my attention on the house, checking my surroundings carefully. Now that I had really woken up, I could take in my surroundings. I grabbed the juice and started drinking it, as my eyes landed on the large, skull shaped clock on the wall. It was already five o’clock, that meant Mia had went home and I was nowhere to be found. I didn’t want to go back home and I didn’t want to give explanations or anything of that shit. I just wanted to relax and have fun.

Against my better judgment, I asked ‘’where’s my phone?’’

‘’On the couch behind you along with the rest of your stuff.’’ I turned my head and saw them. I got up and grabbed my phone but the battery had died.

‘’Tell me you have a charger for smartphones?’’ I asked him, turning to face him.

‘’Beside the bed, open the first drawer and you’ll see it.’’ I nodded my head and did as I was told. He seemed pretty open about his house and himself, and I liked it. He made me feel easy and comfortable. I put my phone on the bedside table and let it there in order for the battery to charge.

Thinking of how comfortable his bed was, I jumped on it and yelled, ‘’come in here and be lazy with me?’’ I laid down and stared at the white ceiling, before I closed my eyes letting myself relax. I heard his footsteps and then the bed shifted as he sat on it. I opened my eyes and laid my head on his lap.

‘’TV?’’ He asked, holding the remote control.

‘’Whatever you want, just don’t get up.’’ He smiled and then turned it on.

I only knew him for a day, but Zander was good. He was comfortable, and I seemed to miss that; being comfortable and with no care in the world. It was a shame, I had to go sooner or later, but I could always go back. Zander didn’t seem to care and I didn’t seem to be against it. I had just found my comfortable spot, and I was going to keep it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to put some distance between Faith and Mia, and it seemed like Zander was going to be good at that, don't you think?