Sequel: Her Silver Chain
Status: Rec | Comment and motivate me to keep up. <3

Her Black Cross

Vulnerable Hearts

Image


I had stayed at Zander’s again. The guy made me feel so comfortable that I didn’t want to leave. I knew I had to, because it had been a week since I had last seen anyone from the gang and even Mia, but I just wanted to stay. A nice house, no one to bother me, and a boy who was more than willing to let me stay. Why leave?

I got up from the bed and changed to one of his black shirts and wore the tights he brought me yesterday. They were my size, black and with white spirals on. I went to the bathroom in order to tie my hair up without looking like a clown, and then I grabbed the rest of my things before leaving his place. I had already placed a note in the kitchen, on top of the coffee machine, saying, ‘’had to leave. Call me whenever you want. –Faith’’

As I walked down the street from his place to the central, I felt reborn. It was like I had gotten all the rest I needed, thanks to Zander. I was in high spirits to say the least, so dancing in the streets as I walked while listening to my favorite saved playlist felt nice. The smile that hugged my face was an honest one, truly from my heart. Something had changed in me, like my batteries were recharged and I was ready for whatever was coming my way.

Soon, I reached the place I used to call home with Mia, but what I didn’t expect was seeing Mia drinking coffee with Helen. They were chatting like nothing was wrong and ignored the sound of the keys in the keyhole. I dropped my things beside the door, thinking of going to the couch to see what was going on, instead of that, I grabbed my things back up and went to the bedroom. I left my things beside the matress and turned off the music. Then I went to face the girls.

Once I sat on the floor in front of them and the table, they finally turned to face me. ‘’Okay, how bad is it?’’ I asked, waiting to hear about something huge. For the two of them to be sitting together, something was going onand it was going to get ugly.

‘’Havoc’s men raped one of my girls earlier today,’’ Helen said in a calm tone but I could tell how angry she was and calling her furious or xtremely pissed-off didn’t even begin to cover it.
‘’Havoc says he knows nothing of it, and he told his men that if the boys don’t behave, he will give them their eyeballs for dinner.’’ Mia added. She was sure Havoc wouldn’t turn his back on her and he would do her biding but what if she was wrong?

‘’How sure are you about that, Mia?’’

‘’I’m absolutely sure.’’ I didn’t see it coming. How could Mia be so sure of Havoc? Yes, he held his men on a tight leash, even my woman, if I could call her that, but he didn’t have eyes everywhere. Yes, he had men who were too serious about their underground business and even loyal to him with their lives, but that didn’t mean that no one could slip and get out of line. I had my doubts on Havoc. I was so angry in Mia’s faith in him, but I guess this was to be expected when they’ve been fucking each other for so long.

‘’You better call Havoc and tell him you’re not fucking him again, if he doesn’t find the assholes that did it. Did I make myself clear?’’ Both women seemed surprised by how easily those words came out of my mouth, and even I was surprised. It wasn’t a secret though. ‘’And while you’re on it, you can help him with that. You have your ways. I’m sure you’ll think of something.’’ Before Mia had a chance to say anything, I turned to Helen, ‘’get the hell up we are going to see how your girl is holding up.’’

As soon as I got up from the floor, Helen got up from the couch beside Mia and we walked towards the door, but not before I heard Mia mumbling, ‘’I’m not your dog.’’

Maybe you should have been, I found myself thinking and I was glad I kept it to myself because it would stir an even bigger fight between us than the one we already had. I wasn’t going to back down though.

I closed the door and left without getting my keys or my purse. I just had my mobile phone with me in case my friends needed me. I was angry. My feet hit the stairs with loud noises, like I was kicking them. I had no other way to vent at the moment. If only I could see my face in the mirror, I think I’d be terrified of seeing my reflection.

‘’Why such a sour face?’’ Helen asked, with her fingers turning my chin to face her. I stopped on my feet looking up at her. Her heavy make-up made her seem like one of the models in VOGUE, and her amused look only added more to her beautiful face.

‘’Don’t ask like you don’t imagine.’’ I retorted. ‘’It’s nothing out of the ordinary. Just my jealousy acting up.’’ And it was true. I was jealous most of the time. Nothing could beat my thoughts of Mia having sex with him. Damn that man!! If I could have his head on a plate, that would make my day. He’s been having her non-stop whenever he wants and I’m having difficulty in even keeping her heart. Such a joke!

‘’It seems like it’s more than that.’’ Helen started walking down the stairs, now in front of me and I followed behind her. ‘’You’re breaking, Faith. I can see it. You won’t hold up like that for much longer. I can tell.’’ She had a point. I didn’t think I had it in me to keep up this relationship of ours, pretending we are just best friends who are in love with each other, yet we don’t touch. We know we are sleeping with other people and yet we are supposed to be loyal. I mean, who could even believe it?

‘’I am, you are right on that, but I’m still far from it. I’m holding on.’’ If anything, I had Zander in my life. It didn't mean anything but just that comfortable feeling I was having when I was with him was enough to calm my tired heart. ‘’I’ve found my ways to keep me from breaking, so don’t worry too much about me.’’

‘’I can only imagine…’’ Helen trailed off. She didn’t want to learn more about it. I could understand that. ‘’On another note, Nina was hurt rally badly. She’s in the hospital for treatment. Her butt is torn and her breasts are covered in burns from cigarettes. One of them even bit down on her arm had enough to bruise in a dark color. She’s in a pretty bad shape.’’

I could see how hurt Helen was feeling. Nina was her right hand, and he had been loyal to Helen in more ways than one. ‘’We’ll find them. Every single one of them and we’ll give them a taste of their own medicine. I can promise you that.’’ I didn’t take her in my arms or try to soothe her heart. I didn’t want to give her false hope or play with her vulnerable heart. Helen was a friend. From another gang, yes, but she was a friend. No matter what had happened between us, I could call us partners if not friends. And we’d never hurt each other.

I only hopped those men weren’t Havoc’s because Mia’s position in this matter would be quite difficult if that was the case, and we had to avoid troubles like those. We had a gang to protect; our family.

We rushed down the stairs and called a cab. We left in a hurry for the hospital hoping Nina would be getting better and that soon we’d have news of whoever did this. I made my calls and had my friends on high alert. We needed information, and we needed them fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait everyone. :) It's nice to be finally back. I'm picking it right from where I stopped. I even made a plan of what I have written so far in order to have everything organized.

Are you guys amazed about Faith’s attitude? Is her cruelty towards Mia too much? Your thoughts, everyone?