Sin City

Myspace profile.

"My sister is insane," Tilly cried out as soon as they were out of ear shot, "I'm so sorry"
Gerard smiled politely, he knew it would be rude to agree.
"So you know where we can find a lawyer?," she turned her sparkly grey eyes on him when they stepped into the elevator.

"A lawyer?," Gerard frowned, wrecking to see his mind what he missed. Didn't they agree to try out this marriage thing or did he tune out at some point?.

"You weren't seriously thinking I'm gonna listen to my wacky sister, did you?," she turned her fireworks for an eyes down to the floor, "She's insane. It'll never work, I don't even know you"
As much as she hated to admit it even to herself and despite all her broken relationships, Tilly believed in love, she wanted to find the right person and spend the rest of her life with him but she doubted a Vegas wedding was the way to go.

"Right," he observed her little frame in the mirror, avoiding his own reflection, "You mind if we grab something to eat first? I'm starving"

"Of course," she nodded and stepped out of the elevator, waiting for him to follow.

They ended up in a quiet Italian restaurant just around the corner from the hotel, sharing a pizza quietly. They secretly observed each other, shy and hesitant sneaky looks and awkward smiles.
Gerard put down his slice and fiddled with the napkin, feeling suddenly courageous, "You don't even remember my name, do you?"

Tilly froze like a deer caught in the headlights, "What makes you say that?," it's not that she was shy but her it felt weird to her to be around him. Technically he was her husband, someone she always thought she should cherish and respect till death, yet she knew nothing about him, including his name. He could be a serial killer for all she knew, this could even be her last meal.

"I dunno," he shrugged, smiling at how adorably uncomfortable she was, "It's Gerard by the way. Gerard Arthur Way"

"Arthur?," she chuckled, "Sounds like an old person's name"

He blushed a little and resumed nibbling on his slice, "What's yours?"

"Tilly," she avoided his eyes. There was no way in hell she'd tell him her full name, she wasn't even sure her own sister knew it, it would remain a dark secret between her and her revenge seeking parents.

"That's unusual," he commented, "Just Tilly? Is it like the full version?"

"The full version goes with with me to the grave," Tilly said determinedly, "And beyond"

"Oh come on," he laughed, "I told you mine"

"I'm doing it to spare your mental health," she said seriously, "It's better not to know"

"Tilly...Tilly," he rolled the name on his lips and surprising it didn't feel as foreign as you would've expected, "Tilly. Tilly Way"

"I like it," she blurted without thinking.

His gaze locked with hers but he broke it off, feeling uncomfortable at the shock waves her grey eyes were drilling into his brain, "Sounds like a hamster's name"

"Gee, thanks," she giggled her unique giggle, the one she shared with her sister and the one that surprisingly fitted them both.

"So what's you favorite color?," he sat back and lowered his hands to his lap

"Oh it's the getting to know your spouse time. Right," she struggled with a string of cheese that hung from her mouth before dabbing her lips with the blue napkin, "I love green and blue. I enjoy music and going to live concerts, I can't play shit, I live in NY, am a Gemini, likes books and writing. NYU graduate, 25 years old. Hates mornings. Likes tea. Is of German and British heritage. No My ancestors weren't Nazi's or related to the loyal family and...um scared shitless of snakes," she failed to to bring herself up to mentioning the sucky ass band she represented.

"Tilly Way 101," Gerard chuckled.

"Well we have a lot to catch up," Tilly gave him a sweet smile that made him smile and that made her smile even wider,"'Your turn"

"Let's see," he pondered where to start, should he skip the childhood part or the drug abuse, what about the band? Should he mention that? He wanted to impress her, leave her in awe but what will leave her speechless? He didn't know that much about his wife to know what might impress her, "I'm a Jersey born, I like the misfits, smashing pumpkins and queen among the rest. I love drawing and comics, have a degree in fine arts, hate tans, being in the sun for too long, like psychotic things (he regretted that the minute he said that), I have younger brother and I love books. I am a coffee slash jacket whore"

"Wow you sound like a myspace profile," Tilly didn't look as impressed as he hoped her to be but she wasn't booing either.

He shrugged her comment off, "Now that we're covered the first month of dating, tell me more about yourself"

"What you wanna know?"

"Have you ever killed a person?"

"What the fuck?"

"Well I don't know you, you might have"

"I tried to stab my first grade teacher for giving me too much homework with a pencil, does it count?"

Gerard let out a short laugh.

"It was a really sharp pencil"

Time flew by as they engaged in a conversation. It would be a lie to say they weren't awkward at times because they were more then they weren't, and the question of why they weren't looking for an attorney yet was constantly hanging over the table but they weren't.
Molly would be proud of them trying, although both skeptical about this marriage they didn't dismissed it. The more they talked the more they found things in common, similar relationship problems, constant judgement from their loved one.
Not everything was discussed, some things were left in the closet, certain skeletons that they weren't anxious of sharing with anyone, let alone a person they met mere 30 hours ago.

When Tilly's eyes rested on the big blue clock, horror flushed her over, she had to board her plane in less then an hour. They practically ran back to the hotel, then sprinted to the cab and then to her respectful terminal with the light suitcase between them.

"So I guess this is it," Gerard paused before she handed her ticket to the hostess.

"We'll always have Vegas," Tilly laughed joyfully.

"Can you give me your phone number at least?"

"Right," she looked him over, narrow eyed, "Send me the papers," she quickly pulled out a pen out of her bag and scribbled feverishly her address and phone number.

"Is it OK if I call sometimes too,?" he asked, hunching his shoulders and rubbing his neck nervously. If nothing they could be friends, she was a nice person, good listener, not judgmental, he missed that in his life, someone subjective who didn't know him before or the person he used to be. Someone who just enjoyed talking to him. It was a nice change, he would even accept her insane sister if it meant he could have a friend outside the band.

"Yeah," she said hesitantly, burning to know what exactly he meant, "I'd love to"

One last swish of her long ponytail and she left Vegas behind and Gerard standing on one spot, staring at the piece of paper with her details sighed as Tilly Way....