Forgotten

One

Knowing that Luke had probably erased me out of his life was torturing me every day. I had his number in my phone, and would attempt to call him, but I would just freak out and not do it. Before he left for tour he promised he would try to call me, tweet me, or somehow get in touch with me. He did the first few days, then he just... stopped.

I ran my fingers over my silver necklace. Luke bought it for me, telling me that if I ever felt bad to just think of him, and that he would always be there for me. Seems like he broke his promise, yeah? I stared at the ceiling, contemplating whether or not I should look at his Twitter. I gave in, curious to see what he's been up to. I opened the app on my phone, bringing Luke's account up quickly. He was doing a follow spree, meaning he was most likely online right now. I decided to tweet him, knowing that he most likely wouldn't notice me out of millions of fans.

'@MalloryDenton: @Luke5SOS I miss you.'

I held the phone close to me, tears quickly beginning to fall onto the fabric of my pillow. I sometime imagine him bringing me into one of his amazing hugs, whispering in my ear, telling me everything was going to be okay. He used to make me tea, and we'd watch movies if I was having a rough day. We'd cuddle on the couch and play with each others hair, laughing. Soon enough, my pillow was soaked, and I hated myself even more for not being able to forget about him as easily as he forgot about me.

I sat up in my bed, reading the time on the clock. 4:06AM. Waking up early like this had become a habit of mine. My mother tells me I think to much, and I need to get him out of my head. She tells me that friends aren't around forever, and she knows the feeling when someone just ups and leaves you out of the blue.

She isn't actually my mother, but I like to think it's true. Being a foster kid wasn't exactly a walk in the park. If that family didn't want to keep you, they'd just send you back and ask for a new one, leaving you on your own again. I had been with this family for a while now though, and I was loving every minute of it. I tried to be the best daughter anyone could have. I did all the chores, took care of my younger siblings, came home and did my homework straight away... I was the perfect daughter, and I'm scared that if I tried anything new they would throw me away just like the last people.

My phone's notification ring tone went off, and I froze. I stood up, looking at what popped up on the screen. Luke had seen my tweet. It felt as if my heart had stopped. I felt like I was suffocating slowly, and I didn't dare move an inch.

'@Luke5SOS: @MalloryDenton I miss you more than anything in the world, don't ever forget that.'

Unfortunately, I began crying again, my eyes beginning to burn. Why did he say that to me? Why doesn't he ever call me if he misses me so much? Why doesn't he ever message me? Why now? I hated him for playing with my feelings like this. Is this some kind of game for him? I bet he has tons of girls all over him at all times, which is probably the reason he never tries to get in touch. He's trying to leave his old life behind, it seems like it. I hated him.

It seemed like my phone was going to explode as a wave of mentions came through all at once. I didn't want to look. I knew that famous people get hate, and so do their friends. Was I even considered his friend anymore? He doesn't seem to want me.

I quickly turned off my phone, not wanting to see what people think of me. I hated it when girls at my school talk about his band. They always gush about how hot they are, and I shudder at the image of some girl rubbing all over my best friend. I was just going to have to accept the fact that Luke doesn't like me anymore. Our friendship meant nothing to him, but I would just have to accept that and live with the pain. I knew I might be overreacting, but we've been best friends my entire life. We know everything about each other. That's like your father or mother leaving you without any warning, and never talking to you again. It doesn't feel good, I can tell you that.

Remembering that today was the first day of school made me want to throw up. I hated having to go to that place every day. Summer went by way too fast. I just missed not having to worry about anything, and being able to have some alone time.

I grabbed a pair of pants and a white long sleeved tee, quickly changing into them and going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do all those good things. I don't wear makeup. Never have, never will. I know I looked plain as hell, but I didn't have anyone to impress. Luke liked me just fine without it. He'd tell me I was beautiful all the time. I didn't know I was in love with my best friend until a few weeks before he left for tour, and it was already too late for that. He obviously doesn't feel the same way. Looking at the clock again, my eyes widened at the time. I had been thinking about Luke so much I was going to be late on the first day of school. I frowned, realizing once more he wasn't going to be waiting at the bus stop for me.

I made my way downstairs, greeted by my father who was sipping a steaming cup of dark coffee at the dining table. He looked up at me, giving a small smile. It was as if he could sense my nervousness, and instantly spoke up.

"You'll be fine, Mal, trust me," He said, setting his cup down on the table. I pursed my lips, making myself a bowl of cereal. Unfortunately, we both know I definitely wasn't going to be okay. I sat across from him at the table, bringing a spoonful of corn puffs to my lips. His eyes were digging into mine, and it was starting to make me fidget. He wanted to say something, I know he does.

"Have you been crying?" He asked, and I quickly looked down at my cereal. I was hoping I had gotten fixed up enough. My eyes were probably bloodshot. I shook my head, forcing a smile on my face.

"Just didn't sleep well, that's all," I returned to my cereal, hoping he would drop the touchy subject. He sighed, picking up his newspaper and reading whatever was on the front page. My father and I weren't exactly the closest, but it was comforting to know that he cared. I stood up, putting my empty bowl in the sink and grabbing my backpack that was leaning against the wall.

"Have a good day, sweetie," I heard my father call out, and I waved over my shoulder. I don't really feel like talking today. Wouldn't be anything new. After Luke left I didn't have anyone else to talk to. My other 'friends' soon got bored of me, figuring out Luke wasn't around anymore. It hurts to realize they only hung out with me to talk to Luke.

Sometimes I wish people would adore me the same way they do Luke. He used to be the most popular person in the whole school, and he was mostly the reason I was bullied every day. They'd all snicker and pick at me, saying someone as ugly as me shouldn't be around Luke. Every day I would come home a big mess, melting into Luke's protective arms as he tried to comfort me.

I slung the backpack on my shoulder, squinting from the bright morning sun. Seeing a group of people walking towards me made my stomach flip, and I felt like dying. They passed me, and I exhaled, glancing back at them. They were now giggling and whispering. Most likely about me, no doubt. Everyone remembers me as 'that girl that got her pants pulled down in the middle of the cafeteria.' I shivered, images of that day flooding back in my brain. Ever since then everyone just stopped talking to me. 'Granny Panty Mallory' was my nickname for the longest time. Sometimes someone mentions it, and just makes me feel worse about myself.

I stood at the bus stop, my hand gripping onto my phone. I wanted to look at what people were saying. It was eating me up inside that they were talking about me. Probably saying bad things. Once the huge yellow bus came around the corner, I mentally prepared myself for what was about to come. As soon as I stepped on the bus, a huge paper ball hit my cheek. Some people were giggling, others whispering. The bus got quiet as I made my way down the aisle, trying to find a seat. There was an empty space beside one guy. He doesn't look familiar, so he probably doesn't know me. He was staring blankly out the window. I decided to take the chance and plop myself on the cushion, setting my backpack on my thighs.

He looked over at me, smiling.

"Hey," He said, and I could feel the drool coming instantly. He was the cutest person I had ever seen in my entire life. I could already see myself choking on my words, so I just gave him a small nod.

"My name's Andrew. I'm new here," He said, smiling once more. That smile was probably the most adorable thing I'd ever seen. Apart from Luke's of course. God, I have to forget about Luke. Maybe this is my chance? Who knows.

"Mallory." I simply said, surprising myself at my sudden confidence boost. It was like Luke was sitting next to me, whispering in my ear to be strong and leave the past behind. He would always say things like that, and I loved it.

"Nice to meet you, Mallory." Andrew replied, tapping his fingers on his bag.

"Are you new here too?" He asked, and I shook my head in response.

"I've been here for a while," I said, "Trust me, it sucks." That was the truth, too. This school really does suck, and it's even worse now that Luke isn't here for me anymore. His eyebrows knitted together, cocking his head to the side.

"Are you alright? You seem down," He placed his hand on mine, and I knew I was a goner. Was I really that easy to read? No wonder I didn't have any friends. People probably thought I was some depressed mess. Well, I guess I kind of am, but that's beside the point.

"Not really." I laughed dryly, combing a hand through my hair. I secretly hoped he was curious as to why. That would mean he wanted to be friends, right? Or maybe he's just nosy.

"How come, love?" I felt my cheeks heating up, not daring to look at him.

"It's nothing, really. Just this guy," I shrugged, turning my phone on. I knew it was probably a bad idea to be reading through my twitter mentions, and I would most likely become a blubbering mess before I even got to school, I just wanted to see.

"A guy? Got a lover?" He wiggled his eyebrows, nudging my side with his elbow. I laughed and swatted his arm away.

"No! He was my best friend, but it seems as if he's forgotten about me," I sighed, scrolling through my Twitter mentions. Luke tweeted me again? I bit my bottom lip, tapping on the tweet.

'@Luke5SOS: @MalloryDenton We need to talk. Call me.'

I felt like I was flying; my heartbeat speeding up. I noticed he'd sent me a message. His number. I'll call him as soon as I reach school. It's too loud on this bus. I wouldn't dare call him and not be able to hear. I was slowly getting my best friend back, I could already tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEYYYYYYYYEEEEEYYAAAAYYYYYEEEEEYAYAYAYAYA

IT'S FINALLY DONE OH JESUS

I hope you all liked it :)

Luke will come in soon I promise haha.

WOW THIS CHAPTER WAS KIND OF BORING.

Luke better watch out 'cause Andrew's gonna hop on dat ;)

that picture in the sidebar tho.

2 fab 4 u.

i'm such a loser.

i need a life like now where can i get one.

lol bye.