Forgotten

Two

'@Luke5SOS: @MalloryDenton We need to talk. Call me.'

I sat at a table in the library; Andrew next to me, making my thumbs do a small dance as I tried to make a decision on whether to call him or not. Even though Andrew and I had just met, we were already super close, and he was treating me as if he's known me for ages. Andrew looked up from his chemistry book, a confused expression on his face. He must've felt me shaking. Why must I be like this? I'm such an embarrassment.

"Are you alright there?" He let out a nervous laugh, looking at my phone screen. I suddenly felt protective over Luke, even though millions of people already know about him. I wish things could go back to normal. Back to when he was just that guy who sang on YouTube. Not a worldwide star. I want my Luke back.

"I'm fine," I nodded, scrolling down to the replies to the tweet.

'Who the fuck is this girl?'

'Are they dating? They better not be.'

'Look at her icon ew lol.'

'If they're dating I'm going to throw up.'

'I definitely do NOT ship this. Lashton all the way!'

I cringed. Why did Luke have to tweet me? I hate him. I hate him so much. I was going to get bad again, I know it. People at school don't make it any better. Andrew quickly took my phone from my hands and pulled me to him. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I cried into his shoulder, soaking his jacket.

"I hate him," I mumbled, only to start crying again.

"No, you don't," Andrew sighed, locking my phone and setting it on the table. On the bus ride to school, I told him all about Luke. How we were the best of friends before he started uploading videos on YouTube. When he started to get thousands of views and subscribers, I supported him, believing he would never leave me no matter what. I was obviously wrong.

I leaned back, Andrew's hands on my shoulders.

"You don't hate him," Andrew shook his head. He was such a great friend, and all I was doing was crying and ranting to him. I'm such a terrible person.

"Go call him. Now," Andrew gave me a small nudge, practically forcing my phone in my hands. I nodded, sniffing a bit. I knew I looked like a total wreck, and people were giving me weird looks. I stood up, going out to the balcony. I leaned against the fence, pushing the number 1. I had him on speed dial still. I smiled, my thumb hovering over the green button. What if I disturb him? What if he's doing something important? What if he changed his mind and he doesn't want to talk to me anymore?

I gave in and tapped the green button, putting the speaker to my ear. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, feeling as if I'd begin to hyperventilate if I didn't breathe soon. Suddenly someone picked up, and I clasped my hand over my mouth.

"Mal?" I heard Luke's voice in my ear, and I broke down crying once again. Why do I cry so much? It's embarrassing. Stop it, eyes. I hadn't realized how badly I wanted to hear his voice again until now, and let me tell you, it's angelic.

"Luke." I breathed, wiping my eyes. I slid down the fence, bringing my knees to my chest as I listened to Luke's even breathing. We were both at a loss for words, which is surprising. Luke is usually blowing up my ear with all these weird stories and random things he thinks of. He always had something to talk about, which kept things interesting. I loved that about him.

I heard shuffling in the background, and someone yell his name.

"I'll be right there, Cal, shut up!" Luke yelled, and I smiled at his sassy attitude. That had never changed, obviously. He always had some kind of smart response to say. I loved that about him too.

I looked down, my forehead on my knees, listening to his breathing. Why wasn't he talking? I could listen to him breathe all day. Is that a weird thing? It seems like it.

"I miss you, Mallory," He finally spoke, and I choked back a sob. He was in the states right now. Thousands of miles away. There was no way I could just run to his house and hug him tightly, telling him I'm right here, Luke! I'll always be here. I can't do that, though.

"I miss you too," I whispered, tears slipping down my cheeks. I couldn't forget what he did, though. I couldn't forgive him so easily for leaving me like that. He didn't bother at all to talk to me, and I hated him.

"Are you crying? God, Mal, I wish I was there," Hearing him say that just made me cry more, because I knew he couldn't.

"W-When... When are you coming back?" I rubbed my nose on my sleeve, leaning my head against the fence, trying to stop my tears.

"I don't know, Mal. Soon, I promise," He said. I cringed at that word. Promise. How was I supposed to trust him again? He promised he'd try to talk to me once in a while, and now look. Seems like he put a lot of effort into keeping that... 'promise' doesn't it?

"You also promised me you'd talk to me once in a while," I wiped my eyes, looking ahead through the glass doors at Andrew, who was watching me.

"You haven't talked to me in months, Luke," I whispered, looking back up at the sky. Why must life be so hard?

"I know. I hate myself for that, too," He replied. I shook my head, playing with my shoelace.

"Mallory? You still there?" He asked. His voice made me wish I could hug him so tight his face turns blue, but I know I probably won't ever get to again. I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me. Might as well go off on him now, just to get it out there.

"You left me without warning. I was worried about you. I cried so fucking much because I thought I lost my best friend," I paused, banging the back of my head against the fence I was sitting against. I heard a loud bang on Luke's end, and he muttered a cuss word under his breath.

"Luke?" My voice was small. What was he doing?

"Fuck, Mallory," He groaned, "Fuck! I shouldn't have left you. I shouldn't have came on tour," I could imagine him sitting with his head in his hands. He always did that when he was sad, or disappointed. I heard someone yell his name again, and he cursed again.

"I have to go," He said, voice laced with sadness. I wanted to forgive him so badly, but I don't think I could do that. Not now.

"Bye Luke," I mumbled, wiping the tears from my eyes,

"Bye Mal," He said, hanging up.

"I hate you," I whispered, the phone still to my ear. Partly I wanted to text him, telling him I missed him more than he could ever imagine, and I just wanted to hold him again. Another part of me wanted to block his number and move on with my life, because he obviously wasn't putting any effort into seeing his 'best friend'. Who am I kidding? We've been friends our whole life. Of course he cares about me. Right?

I locked my phone, shoving it into my pocket as I pushed myself off the ground. I walked back inside to an eager Andrew.

"How'd it go?" He asked, searching my face for any kind of emotion. Right when I was about to speak, the last bell of the day rang, signalling it was time to go home. At least I get to spend my last period of the day with Andrew. I had one thing to look forward too, at least.

"Want me to walk you home?" Andrew suggested, throwing his arm around me. The fact that he could be so intimate with me so soon was kind of awkward. I didn't have a problem with Luke, because I've known him for a long time, but I just met Andrew this morning. I know he's doing it in a friendly way, but it still irked me. I shrugged his arm off, shaking my head. He gave me a hurt look, and I quickly dropped my eyes to the floor, not daring to look at him. Why is he so disappointed?

"I can get there on my own," I said, grabbing my back pack off the ground and walked out the door, pulling it onto my shoulders. Why was I acting so cold? It wasn't Andrews fault. Oh well, too late to apologize now. I quickly put in my ear buds, turning my iPod on shuffle and walking through the hallways. I hated hearing people talking so loudly, laughing, and being happy. While I'm over here, alone and suffering.

Of course the song to come on was "Try Hard" by 5 Seconds of Summer. Luke's band. I cursed at myself for humming along. Why do they have to be so good?

- - -

My phone buzzed with a notification, making me freeze while I brushed my teeth. I quickly ran over to my bed, picking up my phone to see what was going on. Toothbrush in my mouth, I read the notification. It was a text message from Luke.

'From: Luke <3: Can we Skype? I really need to see your face. x'

Luke is so cute. How could I say no to a person like him? Besides, I wanted to see his face too. It's been too long.

'To: Luke <3: Alright. I'm up for it. :) x'

I opened my laptop eagerly, clicking on the Skype icon way too many times than I had to. I was shaking so bad, but I don't know why. Probably because I'm so excited to finally see him again. I clicked on Luke's name, smiling as our old conversations were brought up.

'Lukeyyyyy<333: i miss you already best friend !'

'Mal-Mal !!: you literally just got done walking out the door !'

Our conversations were too cute. The last messages we sent to each other were over five months ago. I felt a pang of hurt go through my body, and I felt like curling up in a ball and never talking again. Why did he do that to me? Does he not know how much I care about him?

Luke called on Skype. I quickly hit answer, desperate to see his face. He instantly smiled when my video came through.

"Mallory, I've missed you so much," He said, biting his bottom lip. God, it kills me when he does that. Of course, I began crying again, and wiped my tears away with the sleeve of my sweatshirt. Correction, Luke's sweatshirt. I wear it all the time. Sadly, it doesn't smell like him anymore. I miss that scent.

"Mal, babe, don't cry, please," He shook his head, combing a hand through his blonde hair. I wish I could do that again.

"Please stop crying, Mal," He said again, but I couldn't seem to stop crying. It was like someone just blew up my self control. Thanks, person.

"I can't be there to hold you, and I hate myself for that, babe," He said, only making me cry harder. At that moment, I realized it wasn't more than just a crush. I was hopelessly in love with my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I HOPE YOU ALL REALIZE I AM RISKING MY LIFE FOR THIS CHAPTER.

I'M SUPPOSED TO BE IN BED BUT NOOO. YOU GUYS WANT ME TO UPDATE.

HERE YOU GO YOU TWATS.

no im just kidding i love you

a lot

marry me.

NO IM JUST KIDDING IM MARRYING LUKE LOLBYE.