Forgotten

Three

We stayed up all night talking on Skype, about everything and anything. I was relieved to see that Luke was still his same old self, just... more... attractive. I laid awake in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. How did a simple tweet get my friendship back? How did he even notice me?

"I have to go," Luke said, and a frown formed on my lips. I didn't want him to go. I just wanted to keep talking forever and ever. "I love you, though! We'll talk again tomorrow, okay?" He said, looking behind him at a few boys that were sprawled out on a leather couch. I nodded, forcing a smile.

"Of course," I said, "I'll be expecting that call." A smile grew on his face and he ended the call, and I felt as if my heart had been ripped right out of me. Love is a terrible feeling, but yet, I like it.

"Mal? You're going to be late for school if you don't get ready now," My mother knocked on the door, opening it slightly. I forgot I had it again today. I usually do that. I nodded, waving her off. I didn't get a hint of sleep last night. I couldn't. All I could think of was Luke, Luke, Luke, and Luke.

He told me how things were going on the tour, introduced me to all of his band mates, showed me around his hotel, and even showed me his pet hamster he got a few weeks ago. He said he felt lonely in that big room and needed a pet. I laughed, making his smile wider.

I threw my legs over the mattress, wiping my eyes. I walked over and got some clothes, pulling them on and walking into the bathroom. I looked like a complete mess. Dark bags hung from my eyes, and my skin was pale. I looked plain weird.

I skipped breakfast, figuring I'd just wait until lunch. My father asked if I was getting bad again. Bringing it up was not going to help the matter. I used to starve myself, after one of Luke's 'friends' told me I was a fat pig. It wasn't just that, but many other incidents that pushed me over the edge.

- - - -

"Hey, Andrew," I said, sitting at the lunch table next to him. He turned to look at me, giving me an odd look. Probably because I look like a trash bin today.

"Didn't sleep well or something? You look tired," He said, poking my cheek with a slender finger. I swatted his hand away, smiling at his comment.

"Well thank you. That's just what every girl wants to hear," I laughed, watching as Andrew looked worried. Why?

"Are you okay?" He poked at me again, "Is this the real Mallory? She's usually not this happy," He chuckled, poking my ribs. I scoffed at his comment. I'm happy most of the time. Right? I'm always happy. I'm happy.

"Luke and I talked for the longest time last night," I said, blowing a strand of hair out of my face. He smiled, and nodded. "He said he was really sorry for not calling me all that time, and that he lost my number or something," I sighed, tracing a finger around the rim of my cup that was sitting on the table.

"Well that's great that you two are friends again now and all," He said, turning to face forward and continuing to eat his lunch. Was he mad? Why would he be mad? Does he like me? He can't like me. We only met just yesterday, he barely knows me! Maybe I'm just over-thinking. He looked over at me, a smile on his face.

"Hey, there's this party tonight, do you want to come or...?" He trailed off, cocking an eyebrow, awaiting my response. A party? I knew what happens at those. You get drunk and bad things happen. I gave him a weak smile and shook my head.

"No, I'll pass, but thanks anyway?" It came out as more of a question, since I knew he was hoping for me to come with him. He frowned, playfully punching my arm.

"Come on, Mal-" I winced at that nickname. Only Luke could call me that. He's called me that ever since middle school, and nobody else is allowed to but Luke. Our nicknames for eachother are our own little special things.

I interrupted him, "Mallory. Call me Mallory." I pursed my lips together. How was he still here? I was acting like such a bitch to him, and yet he still pushes on. This guy is pretty determined to be friends, that's for sure.

"Okay," He sighed, "Come on, Mallory, it's just a party," He tapped on the table, only to dip his finger right into mashed potatoes. His face twisted into a disgusted expression and he slowly raised his finger. I slid off the seat and stood up, pointing at him.

"Don't you dare," I said, giggling, but he wouldn't listen, he quickly got up, grabbing my arm pulling me to him. The cafeteria was pretty crowded, so nobody was paying attention to us, thankfully. His face was too close to mine. I could feel his hot breath on my lips. His eyes flickered down, and I knew he was going to kiss me. He slowly leaned in, and I pushed him away.

"N-No," I managed to choke out, "You know I like Luke," I grabbed my backpack off the floor, throwing it over my shoulder as fast as I could.

"You know I like Luke, yet you tried that," I raised my voice a little, even if it wasn't needed. Who cares? Wouldn't you react the same way if someone you just met tried to kiss you?

"Mallory, I'm sorry-" He began, but I cut him off once again. "No." I simply said, pushing past people to get out of the cafeteria quickly. I could hear him calling my name behind me, but I quickly ran into a bathroom, practically falling into a bathroom stall and locking myself in.

I hastily pulled out my phone, dialing Luke's phone number. He picked up after the second ring. Typical Luke. He's always had that phone plastered to his hand. How come he never picked up the many other times I tried to call him?

"Mallory?" He said, and I let out a small whimpering noise, sliding down the marker ridden wall, hearing it squeak from the weight being pushed against it. I frowned. Am I really that heavy?

"Are you alright?" I felt so bad. Every time we talked I was crying, or in a bad mood. I tried to lighten the atmosphere a tad, just so he wouldn't be worried about me. He was going to perform today, and I didn't want him to have anything else on his mind but the music. I would hate myself forever if I got in the middle of him and his music, no matter how hard it gets sometimes.

"I just needed to hear you," I whispered, hearing someone in the stall next to me shuffle around. I heard Luke chuckle. He's so cute.

"What happened, Mal?" He asked, his voice vibrating in my ear. I pushed the phone closer to my ear, probably in hopes I could squeeze through it and fall onto Luke.

"This guy," I groaned, pulling my knees to my chest. I heard Luke shuffle around, probably sitting up in bed. I totally forgot about time-zones. Fuck! Was he sleeping? I woke him up.

"What'd he do?" Luke growled, and my eyes widened in surprise. I'd never seen - er, heard Luke acting like this.

"He tried to kiss me," I mumbled. It sounded like he threw something. Was he mad? He seemed extremely pissed.

"I can't take it anymore," He said, "I'm coming home," I bolted off the floor, combing a hand through my hair. Was he being serious?! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I let out a laugh.

"Luke, you don't have to," I tried to calm down, my excitement was about to start killing me slowly if I didn't find a pillow to scream into as soon as I could.

"Leaving the hotel as we speak," He said, and I could picture him stuffing things in his suitcase, grabbing everything in sight to take.

"Luke-" I was going to say he could just stay, but he cut me off.

"I'm coming, alright? I'll see you later," And then he hung up.

Did I do something wrong? Was he really that angry that a guy tried to kiss me? It wasn't like I kissed him back. It shouldn't even matter, anyway. Luke and I aren't a thing, so he shouldn't care. What if Luke likes me back? I laughed, shaking my head. That'd never happen. Whoever is in the stall next to me must think I'm a total nutcase.

I walked out of the bathroom as calmly as I could. I didn't want people to think I was going mad or anything by screaming and running out of the school. I had to get out, though. I called my mom, telling her to let me leave school early and that I'd explain everything when I got home.

Walking home wasn't a huge deal. The walk only takes about ten minutes, and the only reason I take the bus is so I don't feel lonely. I was beginning to dislike Andrew very much, however, so I think I'll go back to walking. Luke needs to hurry and get here. I need him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I spent all day on this going back and fixing things, so y'all better like it. It's shorter than usual, but it's fineeeee.

Luke is coming in the next chapter.

Get ready.

Love you all !

Hope you enjoyed. :) x