Life is Short

Days Are Long

Life is short, but days are long.

Each one ticks and tocks, each second falling past an hour. You never really notice things that aren’t there, and time is so tangible it gets lost on the words you whisper. It’s jumbled, fast and quick, yet we never notice how it stretches out so far. As if some moments live in hours and decades thrive in seconds. You get so caught in thinking that your minutes are numbered, and you never stop to time them.
Joy is endless, but pain is everlasting.

The hollowness behind words wasted and seconds spared. It’s a dry thrumming beyond your day to day. It chews and scratches underneath your skin, scorching you when you least expect it. No matter how many times you tell yourself that a feeling has washed away. That, that hurt, that misery, that anguish you have seen staring back at you in the mirror, has departed you so nicely. They never do. They only sit in the back of your mind, like a ghost invading your sanity, seeping through the cracks when your happiness starts wearing thin.

Time goes on forever, and we are only temporary.

Look at everything around you, the hum of the wild, the sound of silence, the rush of the ocean, and the singing of the wind. It is all for a reason, and it will never end. We will. People were made to be born and to die; there is nothing we can do about it. Stop trying. Living is the longest thing you will ever do; you may cry and plead for more time. More moments, more seconds, more dreams that you will never get the chance to dream. When all you really need to do is accept that of which you have, because honestly, that’s enough to last a life time.

So say that life is short, scream it at the top of your lungs. Remind everyone you ever meet, and cling on to the idea that you need to live in every second. Maybe it’ll help you come to terms with the fact that this is all the time you’ll be getting, and hell, maybe that’s not such a terrible thing after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story on here!

I hope all of you enjoyed it, C: