Rescue Me

Red

I'm walking down the corridor. Everyone has left. I'm not sure why, but it smells weird in here. There's red all over the place. The lights are red, the walls and floors are red, everything is red. It's very hot. I don't really know what it is about it, but I feel very uneasy. There's a humming noise in the background and then behind me I hear three loud bangs and screams.

It's him again!

I start running down the hall, away from the gunshots. I get to the end of the hall and there he is again! The humming is from a chainsaw he's wielding! I scream and move the other direction. Either way I'm going to die. Which would be less painful, a chainsaw or bullet? I quickly decide it would be a gunshot wound. I run towards him, but the chainsaw is closer to me with every step I take. There are suddenly black feathers all over the place. There is a scream followed by a repulsive gurgling noise. Then the chainsaw stops humming. I stop running and turn around. He's on the floor, blood pouring from his mouth and a deep gash in his stomach. The color red I see everywhere is the same crimson as the blood coming from his body.

My attention is diverted when I hear five more pops. I quickly turn my head toward the south end of the ward. Zachary is there with black feathered wings. He managed to catch the bullets and he threw then back, all five bullets entering his torso at once. This reminds me of a Japanese show I watched before I came here, Kuroshitsuji. Zachary turns to me and closes his wings and brushes off his frontside. He bows to me and apologizes, "I'm sorry for being a little late. You're safe now." He approaches and hugs me. "You're shivering," he points out, "let's get you tucked in."

He turns and I follow him. But something still isn't right. I turn to look behind me and I see him alive again! He's holding a knife and is running toward me. "I need you to help me, Ally," he says.

I wake up screaming, "Don't kill me! Please don't kill me!" And pretty soon Fischer and Susan are standing in my doorway.

"What's wrong, Alice?" Susan asks.

"Nightmare," I say, crying and shaking. Zachary walks up, worried.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I nod and wipe some of the tears from my eyes.

"Just a nightmare," I repeat.

"You're safe now," he says approaching. He places his hand on my shoulder, "you're shivering."