Status: IN PROGRESS

The Serpent Beneath

When she raises her eyelids it's as if she were taking off all her clothes. Sex ought to be a wholly satisfying link between two affectionate people from which they emerge anxious, rewarded, and ready for more.

An addiction was a nasty habit — Draco tried to steer himself from habits, addictions, and much like sex, Katerina Mitkova was an addiction. Terrible, nasty and slowly killing him, a blonde male whom never fully understood the meaning of beauty, love or compassion.

Misfortune comes to all men.

Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps 'til the legend, "over steep ways to the stars," fulfills self. Draco has realized this; still, he too cannot bring himself to accept that he's doomed.

Every theory of love, from Plato down, teaches that each individual loves in the other sex what he lacks in himself.

To Draco, he lacks nothing she gains — attraction is clear, power is strong, wit is balanced but one difference?

Draco believe's in, "I love you because I need you."

Katerina believe's in, "I need you because I love you."

Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly.