Status: Read this if not my Gir will explode

A Brother's Wish

Chapter 1

If life was simple it wouldn't have any problems or start any conflicts between people, but everyone will have problems and will do the most drastic and start doing drugs or start causing self harm, or in this case war. Earth and some alien race were in the middle of a galactic war and so far it hasn't really affected our little town but they did have started to recruit some of our town people there. My older brother Conner wanted to join so he after some time him and his best friend decided to leave early one morning and join the UNSC or the Galactic Federation, and to be really honest I could care less what those bastards say, I am really skeptical about what they said and I'm only 12. I guess they are really desperate to recruit other people.
Anyways, I woke up and saw both Conner and his best friend getting ready to leave for their long trek to the military base that is in the desert which is where they are holding the recruitment shit(yes for a 12 year old I sure do cuss a lot, so don't hate.)
"What are you doing awake?" Conner asked in a whisper.
"I was thirsty and I needed water," I answered as I stood there, "Where are you going?"
"None of your business kid," Conner's friend said bluntly as he packed some ice packs.
"Now Izzy," Conner said as he looked at his watch but was interrupted by Izzy.
"But it's true," he said as he placed his swords and knives away.
"You're going to the base in the desert aren't you?" I asked.
"Yes, Lucas we are leaving to the desert base," he answered, "you need to pack your stuff right know, I was going to wake you up as soon I was done packing but since you saved me all the trouble and I decided to take you to your friend's house."
"Okay but I don't see the whole reason of you going to the military will make the war end a lot sooner," I said bluntly.
"It's not because I want to end this war sooner but I want something better for you," he said.
"Okay but I want you to come back in one piece," I said as I went upstairs and got dressed in a black top and faded blue jeans, I placed my glasses on and walked down the stairs with my bag packed with clothes and my essentials.
"Here," Conner said as he gave me the keys to the house.
"In case I forgot something?" I asked.
"You were always smart," he said.
"I know," I laughed. I just hopped off the steps and I was caught by my brother who was chuckling.
"Well we need to get out of here and you need to go to Karin's, okay," he said. I just hugged him tight as tears started to fall from my eyes.
"I'll miss you Conner," I said. He wrapped his muscular arms around me and told me.
"I'll miss you too, kiddo."
We said our good byes and we parted ways. I saw him drive off with Izzy and after that I headed towards Karin's house.

-Time Lasp: 2 months-
It has finally passed a few months and now the war has gotten to us, but we didn't know what had happened. We received reports that our town was on the path of the Covenant and Space Pirates, and we were to evacuate the area. At first we didn't believed them because we were the crappiest town here in the path of the war armada, but we were dead wrong. At first we felt random shaking on the ground and we had no idea that they destroyed one town to another after they raided it and killed anyone in sight, but the shaking continued until after today we felt now shaking. The town's populace was diminishing a bit because some were afraid of the shakings because we were next, but after a while we felt no shaking and heard explosions. Day by day though during these "earthquakes", Karin's mother always sung us a lullaby which her mother always sang to her when she was a little kid. I still remember the song to this very day and can sometimes here her singing it. After we were about to get ready for bed, we hear the city alarms telling us that we have a legit invasion in our town. We scrambled to our drawers and packed as many as we can and I ran all the way back to my house and got some of Conner's things, including his favorite jacket that I always take from him. We ran and I saw an energy projectile coming straight at me I just jumped out of the way and the thing obliterated the house. Karin found me and we ran towards the closest hiding place we could find so we won't get spotted. We found a hidden bunker far off were no one can find us and all we could hear were the screams of people of fear and agony and demise. We couldn't find out what was going on, we were to fucking scared to do shit we were only 12 year olds and all we could do is wish and pray that they would not find us after all we were really scared that they will find this bunker and kill us both but miraculously the completely past us and we waited for about a few hours even though it felt like years that we were in that bunker. I was so scared and by the time we decided to look out of the bunker we wished that we would have stayed in there. All the houses were destroyed and all the people dead or dying. We were the only ones that were alive and well. We ran all the way back to Karin's house or what was left of it to find her mother dead and with a gun in her hand. She was the only one that was putting up a fight until the shot her. Karin started to cry as I hoped that my brother would come back. I then started to hum the song that Karin's mother would always sing.
"Lucas what do we do?" she asked as she cried bitter tears. What are we going to do, we were left with no home or parents all we can do is hope that our lives will not be in danger, but who was I kidding I knew that our lives would be in danger, especially here.
"We need to find Conner and Izzy after all they are the only ones that are still alive," I said after I was finished with the song.
"How we will never reach to the base in time," Karin said, "They were heading there anyways."
"I guess we need some sort of transportation to get there before they do," I said as I just stood there. Then it hit me there was a quad bike near the outskirts of town maybe we can get to a safer place than here.
"We need to get away from here as fast as we can because I'm sure there will be more of them if we stick around so we need to head to that quad," I said as I pointed to the direction towards the base.
"I guess we have to do what we need to survive hopefully we can survive with what we have," she said as she grabbed her bag.
"We will need some protection," I said hinting at her mother's handgun.
"But I never shot a gun before," she stated.
"It's never to late to learn," I said as I grabbed the gun.
"Alright then let's move then," she said as we left the ruins of our hometown, never to return again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys welcome back I guess it has been a long time since I wrote something. This story came to me when I was playing Halo 3 and Halo 4 back-to-back(hey I was bored I didn't have anything better to do right at that moment). Then I had a dream(cheesy I know) about someone having his brother to leave and after a few months his town gets destroyed by the alien bastards (yes I know that it's going against Halo 3 because the Covenant are allied to the human race and help Master Chief with his mission), but that's besides the point.
The point is you should read this and comment and subscribe and recommend to everyone.