Status: Completed

Wrong Bag

Miss René

”Okay nap time kids” I said loudly and clapped my hands so that I could be heard over the noisy children running around. It took me a while to get all of them into the nap room but once I finally did the children were not interested in napping.
”Tell us a story Miss René” one of the girls said.
”Well what kind of story do you want to hear?” I asked sitting down on a chair.
”A love story, where a prince saves a princess” another girl answered and an argument started, the boys were not very interested in listening to a love story they wanted to hear about action and cars.
”Settle down children” I said trying to get them to quiet down and luckily they did.
”Miss René, Have you ever been in love?” a little girl asked.
Everyones attention was now on me, 25 pair of eyes and ears eagerly awaiting my answer.
”Yes, once upon a time” I said thinking back on the person I had loved and adored at one time in my life.
~

It was a normal day I was at the gym getting my daily work out.
Nothing special, the usual exercise and the usual people. After I was done I showered and got dressed for work.
On the way out I met a friend and we decided to grab a coffee sine I had some spare time, I left my gym bag on the bag shelf as we went to the vending machine.
I grabbed my bag and left after we were done and continued my day.
During free play time there was a ringing in the teacher's room,I opened the adjoining door between my class and Miss Kendall's class and told her that her phone was ringing. But she said it wasn't hers.
I walked into the room and noticed the ringing was coming from my gym bag, upon opening the bag I realized that this was not my bag and the ringing was coming from the phone in the bag. I took the phone and saw that it was my number that was calling.
”Hello?” I answered.
”Well Good day, I think that my gym bag is in your possession.” a smooth voice said over the phone.
”I just noticed sir” I said feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks ”I'm terribly sorry”
”That's quite alright seeing as I have your bag right here” He said ”Maybe I could have mine back?”
”Of course, only I'm at work right now” I explained.
”I understand, Maybe we could meet at the gym when you have finished your day?” the man on the other side suggested.
I agreed and from there the day passed quickly.
My jaw dropped as a limousine pulled up at the gym and none other stepped out then the billionaire playboy known as Tony Stark and he had MY gym bag. He looked even more gorgeous in person, the pictures didn't do him justice. This was so unreal!
”I think this is yours” he said holding my bag for me to take.
”And this is yours” I said handing him his bag.
He gave his bag to the driver and he loaded it into the trunk.
”I'm so sorry, I was in such a hurry when I left the gym today” I apologized.
”No need to apologize, if this hadn't happened I wouldn't have met such a beautiful woman as yourself” he said and threw me a heart melting wink.
I blushed like crazy and that made Tony smirk.
”Maybe I could buy you dinner to celebrate this day” He suggested.
Usually I'd say no but I needed to know this man, my whole body told me so.

~

Tony became my world and I was his, our relationship was in the fast lane but neither of us minded.
Both of us had been through some horrible dating situations and were now happy to have found someone who we got along with.
Sadly this did not last, the once perfect relationship soon enough started crumbling around the seams and the arguments and frustration gathered.
We were having a romantic dinner in a exclusive restaurant and it was so nice, it had been some time since we had alone time and it was tearing on our relationship. The last two dates had ended in him having to leave because of some catastrophe. He promised that tonight was all about us, no distractions.
But then his phone rang, he awkwardly took it up and without looking at it he put it on silence. The person who wanted to talk to him called again and I could hear it vibrating in his pocket, I gave Tony a disapproving look before turning back to my food. Tony took up his phone and turned it off, that made me a bit happier and I smiled at him.
He put his hand on mine and stroked it, this was better I thought.
The universe was totally against me because then his emergency beeper went off.
”I'm sorry I have to take this” Tony excused himself and kissed my cheek before leaving.
I was way beyond pissed off at him by now but at the same time I felt very selfish asking him to not do what he had to, so many people depended on him and that's why I cut him so much slack but tonight it was over. I needed him to.
When he returned I could tell by the look on his face that I was not going to like what he had to say.
”Look René, I'm really sorry but” he started but I cut him off ”Save it Tony, just go”
I turned my cheek to him when he tried to kiss me,and then he left me there.

~

”Tell us a story” the same girl asked as I tucked her in.
”Ok” I said walking back to sit on my chair, I knew exactly what story I'd tell ”Once upon a time there was a rich man”
”Was he a king?” another girl asked.
”No, he had no noble blood in him. He was a genius man, smarter than all the old men in his village” I continued ”But this man was very lonely and it made him very sad and angry. He hated his life and even the world itself.”
”Was he a bad man?” the first girl asked looking a little scared.
”No, he was not a bad man Tiffany. He was just lonely and because he was so smart the towns people did not bother getting to know him” I answered the girl ”In the same little town lived a young woman, she had just become a teacher of the art of reading”
”Was she beautiful Miss René?” the another girl asked.
”Yes she was Hailey, she had long shining hair and blue eyes like the night sky that stunned most men that looked into them” I paused looking out over the children and thinking how I should continue the story. ”One day the young maiden was out in the town she lost her bag and was so sad because all of her money was in it and without the money she could not afford to buy food.”
Most of the boys were already sleeping but the girls were wide awake enjoying my story.
”Well what the young maiden did not know was that the rich man had found her bag, but lost sight of the girl to whom it belonged” I said adding some drama to the story ” When the young maiden arrived at her home where her mother was waiting for her return. Her husband was furious to learn that the poor girl had lost their money, he was so angry in fact that he locked the girl in a small room with only a small window and left her there for two days.
The children who were still awake gasped in chock.
”During that time the rich man had searched for the girl the bag belonged to, he had enough money and he did not care about that but he had also found a beautiful golden ring with one gemstone in the center. He assumed it to be an heirloom and wanted to return it. The rich man went to an old man who owned a jewelry shop in hope that he would know who the ring belonged to and luckily for the rich man, he did know who's ring it was and told him where he could find the young maiden.” I paused and drank some water because my throat was dry from all the talking.
”When the rich man arrived at the young maidens house he knocked and waited for someone to open the door, it did not take long before the door was swung open revealing a rather large and muscular man. He did not look very nice and the rich man took a step back before asking the man about the woman he had seen. The man told him that it was probably his wife and said that she was not home, but the rich man got an strange feeling that something war wrong here so he did not trust the man before him and only returned the money in the bag.
As the man walked away he saw a head pop out a small window in the back of the house, he immediately recognized the woman he was looking for. Silently and carefully he approached the window and asked the girl why her husband would lie and say that she is not home.
The rich man was horrified to hear what her husband had done to her she had been without food and water for almost four days now and she was getting weaker by the hour.”
”He has to save her” Tiffany spat up and shouted.
”Not so loud Tiffany, the others are sleeping” I told the very excited girl.

~

”No Tony, you can't do this to me and expect me to just sit here and take it” I shouted ”Why has it always to be you? Can't anybody else do it?”
”René, Please you have to understand that they need me and my brilliance” Tony tried calming me down.
”It's not fair to me, I'm the one who always has to give up what I want” I continued.
”Tell me what you want” Tony asked getting a little frustrated himself.
”You know very well what I want” I paused and took a deep breath ”I want to for once feel like I come first with you, I've waited for you to grow up and realize you want to have children with me.”
I Scanned his expression and eyes ”But that's not gonna happen is it?” I took Tony's silence as confirmation and instantly I knew what had to be done.
”It's good of you to help the people but I'm done waiting” Tears started to form in my eyes as I finished this ”Go be a part of your Avengers and save the world, It's over Tony.”

~

Once the children were asleep I got up and walked to mine and Kendall's office, she was standing in the doorway and had obviously been listening to my story.
”That story sounds vaguely familiar, only it didn't have such a happy ending” She said knowingly.
”Yeah, couldn't give them the bad ending. I um..” I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat ”I had to make it more beautiful and happy then it really was”
”Oh sweetie” Kendall said wrapping her arm around my shoulders and lead me into our office ”It'll be ok, I promise”
And I knew she was right, it would just take time...
♠ ♠ ♠
Word is that if we're lucky Mililus computer will be fixed by thursday if not monday :D Lets all cross out fingers and hope for the best!

I hope you enjoyed this Tony Stark story even if it was a bit sad.
But all of them can't be happily ever after because life isn't that way :(

Love to ya all from me here on the ship.
Alina