Status: Completed

Arrogant Bastard

1/3 07.12.13

Johnny's P.O.V
I was nursing my hangover just laying around the apartment when my lovely sister burst in and turned on the tv.
"What have you done" she shouted at me and pointed to the tv where there was a picture of my wrecked car.

"On the news tonight" the news anchor woman started "After crashing into a streetlight under the influence the hero and playboy Johnny Storm or the Human Torch has the nerve to say a few not so nice words to the woman how saved his life. More on the story later"

She turned to me with a angry and disappointed look on her face.
"What did you do?" She almost shouted at me.
I sighed before telling her all about my night.

O.F.C Caitlin P.O.V

I was on my way home from my shift at the bar where I worked as a guard, the night had been long with all the rowdy and drunk kids.
Worst of all was Johnny Storm or the Human Torch as he was also called, the fame had gone to his head and he thought that he could treat people however he wanted.
I had been to the VIP booth several times to tell him off about many different things, the last time I was so fed up with him that I told him that if I had to come back one more time I'd throw his ass out famous or not.
He didn't care about that, he only shrugged it off and tried flirting with me.
When the bar closed he and his friends left a huge mess that the waitresses had to clean up.
On my way home a red sports car drove past me really fast, 'idiot' I thought to myself and continued on.
Ten minutes later as I came in a curve I saw the same sports car wrapped around a lamp. The lamp was bent and wires were loose, sparks were flying, I could se the it was close to collapsing on the car so I stopped my own jumping out of it and ran to the car.
"Anyone in there" I shouted through the smoke, it came from the car so this situation was getting dangerous fast.
I could her sirens in the distance but I couldn't sit for them, I needed to get the person in the car out now.
I was momentarily paralyzed when I realized that this may be the same thing my sister experienced right before her death. For a moment I couldn't move, I just stood there watching the chaos laid down before me.
A cough brought me back to the present and I got closer to the car where I grabbed a hold of the person inside "My name is Caitlin, stay as calm as possible I'm here to help you out"
I pulled the man out of the car and helped him into safety, news porters had now gathered and were working the story.
Only now I realized who the man I had rescued was, it was none other then Johnny Storm himself.
"Are you ok" I asked genuinely worried.
"I'm fine" he slurred, great he was drunk.
"No you're not, I just pulled you out of a car wreck" I pointed out "I saved you"
"I don't need no saving, I'm Johnny Storm, I'm supposed to save you not the other way around" he shouted angrily
"From where I was standing you needed help, but sorry guess I was mistaken then" I said and turned to leave, I didn't feel like saying her nod get shouted at by this drunk, arrogant bastard.
"Yeah, you walk away" he shouted after me " I don't need you or your help"
I got into my car and drove away.

The next day it was all over the news, thank god I hadn't been identified yet or I'd have reporters on my doorstep.
I continued my life like nothing had happened.

A few days after I answered my phone only to find that mr Storm himself was on the other line, he had been searching for me a while now and just now managed to track me down. He wanted to apologize by taking me out to dinner. I told him that I was not interested and hung up on him.
The next few days he tried getting I touch with me in every way possible calling, texting, emails and chats but I ignored them I had nothing to say to him and I didn't want to hear his lame excuses.
Even after all that he started sending me things, one day I had a bouquet of red and pink roses waiting for me at work the other day it was a nice bottle of whine and the day after that chocolates the last gift was a delivered in a jewelry box and it was a pearl necklace with matching earrings.
I threw the roses away, gave the wine to the bar to sell and the chocolates I gave to a homeless man in a street corner, the pearls I actually kept.
But even after that I did not answer him on any of the ways he'd tried contacting me.
Finally he came to my work but he didn't have the intention to get drunk, no he wanted the same thing he had for over a week now. He wanted to talk to me.
"I'm not gonna give up until you talk to me Caitlin" he said stubbornly.
His insistency was getting and the will to get him out of my life made me finally agree to sit down me talk.
"After my shift at the diner across the street" I told him before leaving.
" Now your admirer had a face" a waitress taunted me "Not bad Cait, not bad at all. What did you do to bag the Torch?
"It's not like that" I tried correcting but realized that it was no use.

After coffee we ended up at my place where I brought the alcohol and the truth started spilling out of me.
I told him everything I had been through the past month from my sister dying to the custody battle.
He was such a nice guy underneath all the bullshit and tough facade he usually put up.
We went to bed together but I woke up alone.

It was time to visit the graveyard, the flowers I had put there would have withered by now and needed to be replaced. As usual this place was deserted, no people whatsoever, I walked to the grave and took the old flowers and placed the new back in the vase, I threw the old ones into the trash before returning to the grave.
I was still not used to not having my big sister to talk to around so when I needed to talk I usually went here and talked to a big piece of rock, how sane was I?
I heard rustling behind me and I quickly turned around ready to strike whoever it was.
"Whoa, careful there" The all to familiar voice of Johnny storm said.
"What are you doing here" I spat "Are you following me?"
"I know it may seem that way and yes in a way I am" Johnny said "But you won't answer my calls, emails, texts or even chats and I didn't know how to get in touch with you"
"Why bother." I said giving up, I didn't want to do this anymore all my energy was gone.
"I wanted to help you" Johnny said.
"Help me. In what way did you think that you could help, huh?" I laughed "I know I may have told you all my problems and I really don't see a way you could help. If my problems were something along the line of choosing which bar to trash and what to drink, you'd be the first person I'd call but in my case it's about a child's life, social workers, lawyers and a new job. What can you do for me there"
For the first time Johnny was speechless, he looked really taken back.
"Didn't think so" I said after a few minutes later and started to leave.
"I have money and I could get you the best lawyer there is." Johnny offered.
"I don't need your help or your money, I am Williams only living relative so by law I should be his legal guardian" I turned around and shouted at him.
"But you aren't, aren't you?" Johnny commented.
"It's only a minor setback, he will be living with me soon" I said whilst trying to sound confident, then I walked away.

The next morning I had a meeting with the lawyers and social workers that handheld the case.
"Miss Lazar is Williams only living relative and it was the wishes of the parents that in case anything would happen to them custody of their son would go to my client" my lawyer argued.
"It is true but in this case the assessment of Miss Lazar's living situation was deemed not suitable for a small child" the other lawyer said.
"None of us want this to end up in court, do we Dick." My lawyer clearly knew the other because she used his first name not his last.
"Well Veronica, the situation is what it is" he said "Miss Lazar is single and working as a security guard at a night club, how can she provide a sound environment for this child"
Now he had us and sadly he was right, my job was very risky and it was at night so I wouldn't be home with William then and in the eyes of the social workers that was a big no-no.
"There are tons of single parents living in our country and they are doing just fine, why should we deny miss Lazar her right to care for her nephew? My lawyer asked trying to take away focus on the job issue.
"We in the social services have to think of what is best for the child and we think that William would be in the best acre if he had two parents whom one of would be home at night." The social worker said "And as previously pointed out miss Lazar works at night and won't be able to care for him then.
"I can get a nanny until I find a new job" I said desperately.
The social worker frowned "Our decision is final miss Lazar, until you can provide what we ask for William you will not be getting custody"
With that the meeting was over my lawyer asked me to company her to her office where we would discuss what to do next.
"We can go to court but to be honest I don't think we stand much of a chance" my lawyer stared "The judge and jury will see the boy and feel sorry for him because he's all alone, they will feel the need to protect him and that means they will side with the social worker"
"I understand" I said in defeat "What they say is true but I am still his aunt"
"Yes and that counts for something but the job and you being single is two big things against you" she said.
I don't know what came over me, maybe it was the frustration or maybe the desperation but these words came out of my mouth "I'm not really single"
My lawyer looked at me in disbelief "Why didn't you say anything about that?"
My phone started vibrating, I was late for work and it was probably them so I looked at the phone.
I groaned as I saw who it was: Johnny, I shut the phone off and turned back to my lawyer. "I'm sorry about that"
"You should've spoken up about your boyfriend sooner" she sounded almost angry.
"Well the thing is" I paused and tried coming up with a lie.
My mouth did the same thing as earlier, just said words without thinking "He's famous and we've been keeping it off the radar, to see if its for real or not"
"Really" now she sounded intrigued "Who is it, is it someone I know"
"I really shouldn't tell" I said.
"It could help you win the case if we took it to court" she tried baiting me.
"It's Johnny Storm" once again the words just flew out of me.
Now I was officially screwed.
"I can work with that, he's not the best character but they never said anything about that" she said getting excited "Do you think he'll be ok if you quit your job and stayed home with William? The jury will love that"
"I'll have to talk to him about it." I said.
"Do so and I'll see you in a few days" she said smiling.
"Yes, good bye" I said and hurried to work where I tried coming up with different solutions to the problem I had created for myself.
No matter how I thought about it nothing seemed to work.
Once the bar closed and my shift was over I drove home where I thought about it some more.

I barely slept that night, my mind was going into overdrive and in the end the on,y plan I could come up with was going to Johnny and ask him for help. Maybe he'd go along with it and after a while we'd 'break up' and I'd have William.
♠ ♠ ♠
To long to post as a oneshot so it became a two shot :P
Hope you liked it :)

//
Alina