Status: Completed

Arrogant Bastard

2/3 08.12.13

PART 2

The rain was poring down as I drove to the last place on earth I wanted to go and to the last person I wanted to see.
I was soaked by the time I got from the car to the door, I entered and got strange looks from the concierge.
"Is Mr Storm in?" I asked.
"Yes he is, he just got in miss" he answered.
"Would you please tell him that I need to speak with him?" I asked.
"Of course and who should I say is waiting for him." He said.
"Tell him it's Caitlin, he'll know who it is" I answered.
The man nodded and picked up the phone, I turned around and caught a look of myself in a mirror. I didn't like what I saw, my eyes were puffy rom crying, my mascara was running my hair and lot he's were soaked.
Five minutes had passed when Jonny emerged from the elevator, a worried look covered his face when he saw the state I was in.
He took me upstairs where I told him about my idea, he lent me some dry clothes and he even got me some tea to warm me up as he thought my offer over.
"It's a big responsibility and I honestly don't think I'm ready for that" Johnny said after a few quiet minutes.
I could understand his hesitation but I only needed him for show.
"I know and I hate to ask you this but" I took a deep breath as what I was about to say wasn't easy "you're the only one I know that could help me with this."
His eyes grew wide, he had not expected this from me and now he knew how desperate I really was.
"I'll do it" were the last words I expected out of his mouth so my jaw dropped "I told you I'd help in any way I can"
I didn't want to push my luck here but I needed to clarify once again what this meant.
"You realize that if you agree to this I'll be moving in here with a three year old child, I'd have to quit my job so I'll be around with the kid all the time, I'll be living here Johnny" I paused " And we would have to go out to the word with our fake relationship, that means no more crazy wild parties and sex with random girls. At least not in public"
It looked as he though what I just said over and after a few more silent minutes he spoke "I know, in public we'll just be a cute couple with a child it will look like I've grown up but behind closed doors you live here with your child and I still get to do single stuff"
"Pretty much, only" I took a deep breath "You'll have to sign the adoption papers to which means that in the eyes of the state you'll have custody of William as well"
That was something he hadn't though of and for a minute it looked like he was going to back out, I feared the worst until he's spoke.
"A promise is a promise and I intend to keep this one" he said.
Another set of tears broke out and I was so happy that I jumped up into his lap hugging him.
"Johnny c'mon you have your own room for this kind of stuff" a disgusted female voice was heard I pulled back to see his sister, Sue standing there with her future husband Reed Richards.
"It's not what it looks like" he said but I elbowed him and he corrected himself "Yes um, I'm sorry it's completely what it looks like"
Sue raised her eyebrow at him and shook her head.
" Sue, Reed I want you to meet my girlfriend Caitlin" he said pushing me off him so that he could get up.
"I'm sorry but did you say girlfriend?" Sue said looking surprised.
"Yeah, we've been keeping it quiet but now you caught us" Johnny lied.
"Was she the girl you snuck out on Friday?" Reed asked, it felt like they weren't buying the story.
Johnny looked at me before answering a simpler yes.
"You should've told us Johnny, not kept her a secret" Sue scolded him "I'm so sorry for my brother"
"It's ok, we both made the decision to keep it quiet until we knew for sure that we were meant to be" I said and put my arm around Johnny.
Johnny put his arm around me and smiled.
Reed and Sue smiled back at us before leaving into the kitchen.
"Why do we have to lie to them?" Johnny asked in a hushed tone.
"Don't know, I panicked." I answered in the same tone "Besides I think it's better that we are the only ones who know about this for now"
The deal had been made and the show was on the road now it was time to get my nephew.
"Let's go into my room" Johnny suggested
It was time to build up our strategy and rehears our story.
For hours we went through how we met, how he asked me out, our first date and stuff like that.
"When are you moving in?" Johnny asked from where he was laying on the bed.
"As soon as possible if that's alright" I said looking up from my phone.
"I can call the movers tomorrow if you want" Johnny said.
"Don't you have to check with your sister and Reed first?" I asked.
"They won't mind, besides its what's best for your case." Johnny said.
"True, and when I move in I'll sleep on the couch" I said.
"No way, you and William will be more comfortable in the bed. I'll take the couch" Johnny said.
I was blown away by how nice and considerate he was being, I was shown a new side of the Human Torch and to be honest I liked it.
Later that day he told Sue and Reed about our plans and they were thrilled to see that Johnny was taking a positive step forward in his life.
The next day Johnny called the movers and the day after that I moved in, things were going so well for once and I was happy.
I quit my job and I was now in the perfect position to get custody of William, I had done what the social workers had asked of me.

"Babe, your phone is ringing" Johnny called from the living room.
I ran out the bathroom to get my phone, I grabbed it from Johnny and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Sue was home planning for the wedding so we had to keep our cover from being blown, we had gotten quite good at it in this short time.
I looked at the screen and it was my lawyer.
"Hello" I said answering the phone.
"Caitlin hello, how are you." She asked.
"I'm fine, everything is great" I sad and went into mine and Johnny's room so I could talk freely "I just moved in with Johnny a few days ago"
"That's great news Caitlin and I have more of that" I could hear that she had a wide smile plastered on her face "I called the judge and on Thursday we'll meet with her and appeal the social workers decision and with luck you'll have William by the weekend"
My heart jumped at this news, I couldn't believe it that it was finally happening.
"Thank you so much" I squealed.
"You're welcome, just be at the courthouse at noon and bring Johnny with you" she said.
"Will do, bye" I said hanging up.
The door opened and closed and I turned to look at Johnny.
"Who was it?" He asked.
"It was my lawyer" I answered.
"And?" Johnny asked.
I told him about the court date and that he had to be there, he was fine with it.
Thursday came along soon enough and at noon me and Johnny were sitting in a small room with the judge the two layers and the social worker.
They started asking us about our relationship and our lies were so fluent now that I almost believed them by now.
We told them the story of how we met which was partly true only we chad changed it a little, and the first date and many other lies we had come up with to give the impression of being the perfect couple and we did. The judge ruled that we should be granted temporary custody and we'd have a months trial period in where the social worker could stop by at any moment to check up on us.
"We did it" I squealed and jumped into Johnny's arms as we excited the courthouse.
"Yeah baby, we did" he said hugging me back " Now I'll have to tell my sister then."

Johnny's P.O.V
It was time to tell my sister and Reed about the adoption since William was coming to live with us in a few days, Caitlin had to meet with her lawyer again so I had to do this alone which was probably better since Sue was gonna freak out.
"Sue, Reed." I called as I walked into the apartment.
"In the kitchen" Sue called back and I walked there to drop the bomb.
"Do you guys have a minute, there's something I have to tell you." I said feeling really nervous.
"Is everything ok" Sue asked looking worried when she saw my nervous look.
"Everything's fine" I said and took a deep breath "There's this thing that me and Caitlin have been working on for a while now"
"I don't think I'm gonna like what you have to say" Sue said.
"We have been going through with an adoption" I said and watched as my sisters face changed from worried to angry.
"You want to adopt a child?" Sue asked almost shouting "Have you gone completely mad?"
"No, I'm just really happy with Caitlin" I tried defending myself
"Johnny, you are moving to fast, she just moved in her two weeks ago" Sue said.
"I know but it's not like we're adopting a complete strangers kid, it's her sisters son" I explained.
"Why are you adopting her sisters kid, where is she and why can't she take care of her child?" Reed spoke for the first time since I had entered.
"She died in a car accident" I answered
"What about the father?" Sue asked, she had clearly calmed down now.
"He was also in the car" I said and looked down.
We were silent for a moment.
"I have to do this for her, it's gonna make her happy" I said.
"But will you be happy?" Sue asked.
"I don't know, I'll just have to see how it goes" I answered truthfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story just turned into a three shot xD
I just love this story so much and I don't wanna give it up, I have so many ideas still and there's to much for only two parts so as I said a third part will be out tomorrow.
Got my stories from the computer so everything is now back o. Track :D
//
Alina