Status: Completed

Arrogant Bastard

3/3 09.12.13

The day was here, Johnny and I were on our way to pick William up at the social service office. I couldn't be more excited, Johnny had taken me out shopping for the things William needed.
I had seen a change in him, sure he was still a bit to cocky and arrogant but there was something softer about him this past week and a half.
During the same time Sue and I had become closer she had even asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding that was in six months. I couldn't say no so now I was stuck here for the next six months, I was a bit worried how Johnny would take it but I hoped he'd girth his teeth and push through for her sister and me. It wouldn't look right if we broke up a month after we'd gotten custody but I still had to talk to Johnny about that.
"You ready" he asked as he parked the car right at the entrance.
"Yeah" I nodded.
"Let's go then" he said opening the car door.
I got out of the car and walked up to Johnny grabbing his hand, putting on the show we were already so used to.
Our fake relationship was out to the media and wherever we went they followed, so we had to be really careful and watch every step we took so that we wouldn't screw it up. If so I'd probably lose William forever.
We walked in the building and stated our business at the front desk where the lady told us to sit down and wait.
I was really nervous that I was biting my lip and fighting with my shirt, Johnny noticed and said "Stop it, it's gonna be fine.
I stopped and looked at him, he looked sincere and he put his hand on my leg. I felt uncomfortable with his hand there but I couldn't shrug it off because there were people watching us. I hated that's rat of Johnny's life because it made our fake relationship that much harder.
When the social worker came out with William I spat up, ran to him, took him into my arms and hugged him.
"Hi sweetie" I said.
"Auntie Cailin" he couldn't say my name.
"It's ok, sweetie were going home" I said picking him up.
We had to fill some papers out and when we left I noticed that Johnny seemed to be uncomfortable with William.
When we came home Sue and Reed were there and they had invited Ben and Alicia.
They had a welcome home sign, cake and party stuff. I couldn't believe my eyes that they had done this for William whom they had never met.
"Oh you guys" I said and smiled.
"It was Johnny's idea" Sue said coming up to greet William.
I looked at Johnny who was behind me and I saw him in a new light, I couldn't believe that he had asked them to do this for William and me.
When William saw Ben his eyes grew wide and at first I thought he was scared but when he reached out to him I understood that he knew who he was.
We ate cake, drank juice and some presents were given to Will and we had such a great time.
Will yawned, I said that it was bedtime and went up with him and fell asleep there next to him.

"I think we shouldn't break up after just a month, it would look bad" I said the next day whilst I was feeding Will. We were alone I the apartment so I figured it was time to tell Johnny about my plan.
"How long do you think we should stay together?" He asked looking a little annoyed.
"I was thinking six months" I answered.
"Six months?!" He said loudly.
"You don't like it" I sighed.
"It's just a really long time" Johnny said " I don't think I can do this for so long."
"I know but thing is, Sue asked me to be her bridesmaid and I said I'd do it" I said.
Johnny looked surprised that she had asked me so he gave in, we'd wait a few weeks after the wedding.
After that my days were filled with wedding planning and to be honest I liked it. Sue was so busy that I had offered to help her out us much as I could.
This was a job I could do and have William with me so I thought about making a career out of it but my number one thing to do was taking care of William.
We had moved to our own apartment so that Reed and Sue could have some more alone time and it was easier for us with the fake relationship when we had two separate bedrooms.

Johnny's P.O.V
One day when I came home I had a revelation, it all kicked into place but I didn't know what to do about it, this arrangement would soon be over.
"Hello" I called into the apartment as I entered.
"We're in the kitchen" Sue called, of course she was here she was absolutely in love with that kid.
I walked into the kitchen where Caitlin had just grabbed a jar or jam from the fridge, she had made pancakes for William who was sitting in his feeding chair.
"Daddy" he said when he saw me, there was a shattering of glass and when I looked it was Caitlin who had dropped the jam jar and she had a speechless look on her face.
"Did he just" Caitlin Paused and looked at me "Did he just call you daddy?"
"I think he did" I answered and even though it surprised me there was a part of me that felt happy. The kid had started to grow on me and as much as it surprised me was how much I was liking the thought of being a father and sort of having a family even though it was fake.
"That was so cute" Sue exclaimed.
I looked at Caitlin and it all fell into place, for some time now I had felt something here with Caitlin and Will. Now I had no idea what to do once they left.

Caitlin's P.O.V

Johnny had made a drastic change in his behavior, he didn't party anymore or bring random girls home, he was really good with William, also he started to do small nice and cute things.
He brought flowers home, he bought new nice toys for Will and he gave me money to buy whatever I wanted, this felt so nice and every now and then I forgot that all of this wasn't real that in a few weeks it would all be over.
It was sad because by now I loved everyone in Johnny's life and they seemed to love me as well. Sue had become a good friend to me and she absolutely adored William and so did he.
I never thought these months would be as easy as they were and I was sad to see it end, I was most sad for William because he was now used to all these people.
Even though I didn't want them to the weeks passed and soon enough it was time for the wedding.

"Sue you look amazing" I said when she came out wearing her dress.
"Thank you" she said with tears in her eyes.
"Don't cry just yet, you'll ruin your makeup" I said whipping out a tissue and dried her tears.
"I know, I'm just so happy" she said "I never thought this would happen"
I pulled her into a hug "You and Reed are meant to be"
"Just like you and Johnny" she said as we pulled away.
I didn't know what to say, I wanted to tell her the truth there and then but I didn't " I don't really know about that"
"You are" she said and explained "I've seen such a change in him and its all for the better, I had lost all hope that he'd ever grow up but then you came and everything changed. He's even taking care of a child which is another thing I thought he'd never do."
She was right, I had also noticed the change and a part of me had the crazy idea that he liked me and he'd tell me to stay that we would try having a real relationship and a real family with the three of us.
"I'm gonna go see if Johnny's got Williams ready, I'll see you in a bit" I said before leaving.
I met Johnny in the hallway "Did you get William dressed?"
"Yeah all except the tie, he refuses to wear it" he sighed.
"I'll fix it, don't worry" I said and kissed his cheek before leaving.
Only when I got into the kitchen I realized that I had kissed him on the cheek and there were no people around so I had done it because I wanted to not for our cover.
' I'm so screwed' I thought and proceed to help get Williams tie fixed.

Johnny's P.O.V
It was the day of the wedding, everything was perfect and my sister looked lovely in her dress. Caitlin also looked stunning in her bridesmaids dress and the little man was so handsome in his suit that matched the one I, Ben and Reed were wearing. Everything was perfect.
Lately I had been feeling some odd things whenever I saw Caitlin, I had always found her attractive but now when I looked at her my heart started to beat fast and a smile crept upon my face. What was happening to me?
I had to talk to Sue about this but if I did I'd have to tell her the big secret with me and Caitlin, The whole morning I had a debate with myself wether or not I should tell her and decided that I was gonna tell her because I was in over my head here and needed her advice.
"So that's what this whole thing was about?" Sue asked "You faked being in a relationship so that she could get custody of her nephew"
"That's pretty much it yeah" I said ashamed of the things we had done, is could tell that Sue was angry when she turned her back at me and she became invisible.
"Out of all the stupid things you've done this might just take the prize" Sue shouted at me "Have you no sense of right and wrong, lying to a judge and the social services have you really lost your mind?"
"I know what we did was wrong, but it was for her nephew." I tried defending myself and Caitlin "I really think that this is what's best for him, you've seen how happy he is and I know you love him"
"Of course I do but what about when he grows older and understands more of what's going on, what are you gonna tell him then?" Sue continued "That mommy and daddy aren't really together, that it was a sham so that his mom could have custody of him"
She continued on ranting until I cut her off "I think I'm in love with her"
Sue became visible and she was astonished by what she had just heard.
"What did you say?" She said barely audible.
"I think I love her." I repeated "I know that I love the kid and the two of them have been such a nice pick me up, to come home every day to his smiling face and seeing how amazing Caitlin is with him got to me and now I don't know what to do. I need advice from my big sister"
"Oh Johnny" she exclaimed with tears forming in her eyes "Do you think she feels the same?"
"I honestly don't know and I can't risk loosing her or Will by coming clean with my feelings either" I said.
"You can't keep the bottled up forever either, it'll only hurt you" she said.
"You think I should tell her then?" I asked to get this thing clear.
"Yes, I think you should" Sue said pulling me into a hug.
When we pulled apathy she had the biggest smile on her face.
I took her face into my hands and kissed her forehead.
"I don't know what I'd do without you" I said "I love you"
"I love you to Johnny" sue said.
"I'll be right back." I said and left to find Caitlin.
I found her in the kitchen with Ben and Alicia, she was fixing the little mans tie. I couldn't help but smile when I saw them, Caitlin looked up and saw me smiling then she smiled back.

Caitlin's P.O.V
I looked up to see Johnny standing in the doorway smiling at me.
"Look who it is Will, it's daddy" I said and put him down so he could run to Johnny, I smiled as he wobbled away and Johnny caught him just as before he fell.
I loved this sight and couldn't get enough of it, never in a thousand years thought that I'd be in this kind of situation; Raising a child with Johnny Storm and actually liking it. Lately I had been getting these weird looks from Johnny whenever he thought I wasn't looking, if I didn't know any better I would think that he has a crush on me or something but that would be ridiculous. I did play with the thought though, I'd love for us to be a real family.
"It's time guys" Reed came into the room and ruffled Will's hair as he passed him.
Johnny was of course giving Sue away, Will was the ring bearer so Johnny gave will to me and gave me a quick kiss before leaving that sent tingles through my whole body.
The wedding started and Sue was lead in by Johnny and she looked stunning, she had the biggest smile I had ever seen and it warmed my heart. Also there were butterflies in my stomach when I looked at Johnny.
Johnny gave Sue over to Reed and the went to stand in front of the priest, I was standing next to Sue and Alicia was next to me, Johnny was next to Will who stood right next to Reed and Ben was next to Johnny.
Before the priest could utter a word there was some sort of power surge and the news chopper came crashing down into the wedding spreading chaos.
Johnny was quick to react and grabbed Will bringing him to safety.
I was sent flying back by a powerful wind gust from the chopper, Sue went into action and stopped the chopper before it got to her, the tail was spinning towards Alicia but Ben came between the mad ripped the tail off.
"Are you ok?" Johnny appeared beside me with a worried look on his face.
"I'm fine, where's Will?" I asked when I noticed he wasn't with him.
"He's inside" Johnny answered.
I grabbed his face and brought his lips to mine in a fiery and passionate kiss.
He instantly had his arms wrapped around me pulling me up.
When pulled apart Johnny uttered "I think I'm in love with you"
My heart fluttered and tears of happiness gathered in my eyes.
"So do I" I admitted
"Johnny" Reed called and motioned to the silver line in the sky.
"But it's Dolche" he said motioning to his tux but knew wheat he had to do, he turned back to me "I have to go"
"I know, just be careful" I said.
Johnny kissed me before he leaped off the building fired up, to follow the silver surfer.
I looked around the devastation and saw Sue sitting at the altar steps and sobbed, I walked over to comfort her.
This should have been a beautiful day for her, it was supposed to be the best day of her life but it was ruined.
However something good came out of this day and the tragedy, I had told Johnny how I felt and he did feel the same things for me, this was the start of our life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the last chapter, hope you liked this story as much as I did writhing it :D
It would mean the world to me if you'd recommended this story (if you liked it) and messages are always appreciated.
Love
// Alina