Status: Once a day.

I Don't Care If You're Contagious.

10.) Your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes.

Vic had left the tree, overcome with dark thoughts. Death had been a constant thought on his mind, and he no longer feared it, he embraced it happily. Death would be an escape from this world he now called home.

It had been two days since he had stowed away from the group, and he was beginning to miss Andy more and more.

But he needed to move on, he’d force himself to.

He trekked through the forest, only hearing the sounds of bird calls, and the occasional chatter of a squirrel. He didn’t think he’d come across any biters anytime soon, so he let down his guard.

He walked, enjoying the peaceful silence, even though he missed the sounds of the city, nature had always been something he appreciated. The peacefulness came to an end when a twig snapped, causing Vic to freeze in place. The Mexican glanced over his shoulder, and locked eyes with a dark haired male.

He turned around completely, gaping in shock at who was standing before him.

It was Jaime.

The same Jaime he had been best friends with only a year ago, before the apocalypse. He felt tears swell in his eyes, and he bit down on his lip. He was also confused; he had thought that Jaime was dead.

“Vic?” The male called. “Is that really you?”

“Yeah, it’s me..I’m not hallucinating am I?” He responded, hearing his voice break.

“No, you’re not.”

Jaime drew closer, shocked to see that Vic had lost his hand, all that remained was a stump of flesh. Despite his missing arm, the two friends embraced, giving Vic a warm feeling in his chest. He was so happy to see him, that he wanted to smile, and he hadn’t smiled in a long time.

“Come with me, you won’t have to be alone anymore.”

“Gladly.” Vic grinned softly, following his old friend as they walked through the remainder of the forest.

Jaime had led him to an old cabin in the middle of the woods, it was old, but oddly secure. Jaime turned to face the smaller boy, grinning happily.

“This is where I’ve been staying the entire time..I haven’t come across any flesh eaters since I’ve been here. It’s been really nice, and now that you’re here you’ll be safe too.”

Vic could only smile weakly as he followed Jaime inside. Once they were both safe inside the small cabin, Jaime locked the door, and pushed a large metal object in front of it. Vic assumed it was an extra safety precaution.

“Jaime...”

“Yeah?”

“W-Why did you leave a suicide note?”

Jaime frowned, looking bothered by the question, but he believed Vic deserved an honest answer. “I was going to kill myself the day the apocalypse began..but I wasn’t able to, I didn’t want to become one of those flesh eaters..I didn’t want to go out that way.” He explained. “I also didn’t want to hurt you.”

Vic felt his face heat up. He had always suspected that Jaime had liked him as more than a friend, but he never had given it any attention. Vic still felt something for Andy, and suspected that he always would. The tall male had saved his life, and had kept him alive. And he was grateful, but he would never see him again, and that’s what killed him inside.

Maybe Jaime could make him feel better?

He didn’t know, but it was worth a try.

So, he played along, and moved closer to the spiky haired male. “I missed you Jaime..a lot..I’m so glad you’re alive..”

Jaime’s face went red, and Vic smirked. Even though he felt nothing romantic toward’s Jaime, he still thought the dark haired male was adorable.

Jaime had moved closer himself, and had slyly managed to snake his arm around Vic’s petite waist.

“I missed you too, Vic.” He said, before closing the gap between them. Vic didn’t feel anything in this kiss, it was just dull. There was no spark, no swarming of butterflies in his chest.

He now understood that it was going to be extremely hard for him to get over Andy.

When Jaime pulled away, Vic felt like he should tell Jaime he didn’t feel for him like that.

“J-Jaime..” Vic frowned, causing Jaime to look down at him confused.

“Yeah?”

“You’re my best friend..I don’t like you like that..” Vic confessed, causing Jaime’s heart to snap in two.

“I’m really sorry, please don’t hate me.”

“I don’t hate you, I get it.”

“What?” Vic looked shocked by Jaime’s reaction.

“I get it, and I’m more than happy to be friends, I just wanted to do that. Now let’s eat something, I’m hungry.”

Vic looked baffled by Jaime’s sudden change in topic, but he eagerly followed him for food.

When the spiky haired male led him over to a functioning fridge his jaw dropped.

“Holy fuck.” Vic cursed loudly, causing Jaime to giggle happily.

“Surprised, huh?”

“Very.”
“There’s a small power plant down the road, I broke in, and managed to make it function.”

After the two of them ate, and caught up, Vic felt satisfied for once since the biters took over. He also felt incredibly safe, despite having felt the same thing with Andy.

Andy.

That named caused him to frown heavily, and he felt his eyes begin to water.

Thank god Jaime had gone to sleep, leaving Vic alone in the front room of the cabin.

The small Mexican wiped his eyes, and buried his face in his hands.

Did Andy even notice he was gone?

Was he looking for him?

Part of him hoped the pale male was, and part of him didn’t. He didn’t want Andy to risk his life for him, he didn’t want him to get hurt, but he knew Andy could easily take care of himself.

After hours of thinking about the pale boy, Vic drifted off, finally getting some much needed sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy was beginning to panic, he had rifled almost the entire forest, and wasn’t able to find Vic. The only thing he had discovered was a headless biter. It was night, and he was still searching, and his stomach decided to cry out in pain. Andy felt the familiar feeling of hunger overtake him, and he kept an eye out for any small animals or berries.

Luckily, he found just that. Using his small hunting knife, he killed a Chipmunk, and ate it raw.

He didn’t have time to cook it. Just breathing these days was dangerous.

As Andy walked, he walked right by the cabin Vic was currently sleeping in, not even sparing it a glance. The pale boy had assumed it was overrun by biters, and he wasn’t going to risk searching the place, so he moved on.