Status: Once a day.

I Don't Care If You're Contagious.

11.) I look into your eyes.

The next morning Vic awoke, he awoke with bags under his eyes. He had woken up crying multiple times during the night, he had relived Kellin’s death, and Andy no longer wanting to see him. It was painful.

The small Mexican stretched his arms, and trudged over to the sink. He turned it on, and splashed his face with water. It felt good to live in a home again, but lonely, despite Jaime living with him. He missed Andy, and desperately wanted to see him.

Jaime awoke a few minutes later and grinned when he saw that Vic was up.

“Hey!” He greeted the smaller boy cheerily.

“Morning.” Vic grumbled, with a yawn.

“Uh, Jaime, I’m gonna go for a walk outside, just to get some fresh air.” He told the spiky haired male. Jaime nodded his head in approval.

“Just be careful, and take this with you.” He handed Vic a hand gun. It was small, and easy to grip.

“Thanks, I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Stay safe..” He whispered as he watched Vic walk out of the cabin. Once Vic was on his own, he jogged down the trail, searching the area for any sign of movement, or earlier visitors. He just wanted to see Andy again, but the chances of that happening were slim.

“God..I miss you..” He whispered under his breath as he walked. The small Mexican lifted his head when he heard a groaning sound from above. His eye landed on a biter hanging from a tree, a noose was around its neck, and it appeared that this person had taken their life when the outbreak hit.

“Damn.” Vic murmured under his breath. “What a way to go..” He dropped his gaze, and continued walking; holding his weapon tightly in his one hand.

Andy had never been a fan of nature, it just wasn’t his thing. He preferred the city, or a small neighborhood. Not a forest filled with things that could be watching him at any moment, it scared him that a biter might grab him whenever he let his guard down.

The pale boy pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket, along with a lighter. He had grabbed them while raiding a rundown gas station with the others. He lit it, and placed it between his chapped lips. After taking a drag, he continued walking, keeping an eye out for Vic or something else.

When he heard the sound of whispering he turned his head to the left, eyes scanning the tree line. He could have sworn he had heard something.

“Let’s kill him.”

He heard an unfamiliar voice, and he remained silent so he could continue listening.
“Come on, we haven’t eaten in days..and he looks like he could feed the others.”

Andy’s eyes widened when he realized what he was hearing. A group of cannibalistic survivors were stalking him, and he had been oblivious the entire time. Had they gotten Vic? Or was Vic safe from harm? He didn’t know, but if these people had harmed his beloved he wouldn’t hesitate on ripping their throats out.

A twig snapped, and Andy saw someone come at him. He turned and ran, but ended up tripping. Pain shot through his leg, and he realized he had sprained it. “Shit..” He cursed loudly, forcing himself to his feet. It hurt, and he could barely move. He glanced over his shoulder, and saw two figures coming after him. He reached for his gun, and fired. It ended up blasting one of their heads open. While the remaining stranger screamed loudly over their dead friend, Andy ran.

After darting through the forest, he collided with another body, and knocked them both of over. At first, he believed it was a biter, but when he locked gazes with a familiar pair of brown eyes he enveloped him in a hug. The smaller boy returned the hug, looping his one arm around Andy’s slim waist.

“God..I missed you..” Vic sniffled, burying his face in the pale boy’s chest.

“I love you..” Andy blurted out, instantly regretting it. He didn’t know how Vic was going to react. They hadn’t known each other very long.

The small Mexican stared up at him in shock. He pulled Andy’s face to his, and kissed him deeply.

The two boys kissed for a while, before Vic pulled away for air. “I love you too.” He finally responded, causing Andy to grin like an idiot.

“I should probably get off of you..”

“Good idea.” Vic laughed, feeling insanely happy.

Andy slowly maneuvered himself off of Vic, and used a nearby tree to support himself. “Ugh..it hurts.” He whined, glancing down at his swollen ankle.

“I know someone that can help with that..” The tan boy pointed out.

“What?” Andy appeared to be confused.

“When I left, I ran into an old friend…an old friend that I thought was dead. We’ve been staying in a cabin.”

Andy face palmed. “I walked right by it..”

Vic laughed. “Good job, I came out here just to look for you.”

“I’m glad you did..” Andy smiled warmly at him, eyes filled with love, and adoration as he looked over at the shorter male beside him.

“Let’s go get your leg fixed..”

“Gladly.” Andy agreed, following Vic.

Once they reached the cabin, things became worse. Andy was nervous to meet this friend of Vic’s. What if he threatened to throw him out? He knew he was thinking too hard about this.

Vic led Andy inside, and Jaime looked up surprised to see a new face.

“Vic, who is that?” The spiky haired male asked.

“This is Andy..he’s uh..someone I met awhile back..he saved my life.” Vic explained, leaving out the romantic connection between the two. Andy rolled his eyes, and glanced at his injured foot.

“Well, nice to meet you Andy! I’m Jaime.” He grinned.

Andy forced a smile. “It’s a pleasure, I really want my leg to be looked at..”

“Ah, good point.” Jaime laughed nervously, and ran off to grab a medical kit.