Status: active as frick ((((hopefully))))

My Summertime Soundtrack

Chapter Four

Jack had a beanie over his messy hair, to somewhat hide that fact that he was indeed Jack Barakat. Even though All Time Low wasn’t super big, there were already a handful of girls who were extremely interested in the members of the band to say in the least. He was walking alongside with Tori, who had a red cup in her hand, filled with Moutain Dew. She laughed at something he had said, which caused the boy to smile.

“Okay, so honestly. Why didn’t you tell me you were in All Time Low?” Tori asked eyeing him as she took a ship of her drink.

Jack shrugged his shoulders. “I didn’t think it really mattered, y’know?” He ran his tongue across his dry lips adding moisture to them. “Like yeah big deal I’m in a band.”

Tori nodded her head, understanding what he was saying. “Yeah but it would have saved me a whole lot of confusion.” She chuckled. “I seriously thought you were going to kill me and my friends.” She teased.

“Hey but you trusted me and came anyway.” He said, lifting his arms in a ‘oh well’ matter.

“And I’m glad I did.” She agreed. “Watching the show from side stage was awesome. I loved it.”

“Glad you did.” Jack said with a smile, stopping when he realized if they walked any further they’d be going into where the tide was coming in.

Tori nodded her head once again, unsure what to say. To stop from the silence from getting awkward she took a sip of her drink again and turned to face the boy. “So. Why is All Time Low here anyway?”

“Judges.” He said simply. “And, they thought it’d be good advertisement for the band to get known; which is why we played earlier. I just look at it as a free vacation.” He smirked.

“Yeah the whole free thing is great. I mean, I wouldn’t even be here if Tay’s band didn’t make it. She likes to call me and Ainslee her ‘merchie’ but they barely have any merch. Only homemade CD’s with like four songs on them. It’s a start though.” Jack nodded at Tori’s words.

“Yeah of course totally. Who knows? Maybe one day you’ll actually be their merchie.” He laughed, picturing the girl moving around quickly to get everyone what they wanted in a small booth. He knew how stressful it could be, especially when ten different people were all yelling out things they wanted at the same time.

“Hopefully.” She sighed out. “I really hope they make it big.” She sounded hopeful. “I mean they really are so good and Tay loves ott so much it would literally kill me if they never made it anywhere.”

“That’s sweet of you. To like support her and stuff. When me and the guys started the only support we really had was our parents.” He scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed. “But I mean look at us now. We have a record deal and all so.” He grinned proud of how far his band had come.

Tori smiled back at him. “That’s so amazing. It must be amazing to start a band and see it grow and become popular. I can’t imagine the feeling.”

Jack nodded his head, as if to answer her, yes it is amazing. “It’s surreal. So amazed every day.” He stopped. “And I mean. All Time Low isn’t really that big.” He added sheepishly.

“Yeah but they should be!” Tori exclaimed. “Honestly you guys are awesome.” The boy’s cheeks reddened as he blushed from the compliment. He mumbled a thank you shyly, causing her to smile ear to ear. “You’re cute.” She teased, pinching one of his cheeks playfully.

The girl sighed, and looked up at the sky. It was a full moon out, and the stars were shining brightly. It was a beautiful sight, resembling a blackboard with white specks of chalk on it. She smiled before looking down at her cup, and drinking the last sip of her soda.

“What are you smilin’ about?” Jack asked, nudging her shoulder with his, a smile on his lips as well.

“Just the sky. It looks pretty.” She answered, biting her bottom lip. The boy looked up, admiring the scene. “You don’t really see much sky back home because it’s such a busy city and all.”

“Yeah I get ya. Same with Baltimore. It’s nice to see nature once in a while.” He agreed.

Tori rolled her eyes, before turning around. “I’m gonna get some more soda. You comin?” She asked, before walking in the direction where she could get something to drink. Jack of course followed her, sticking his hands in his front pockets awkwardly as he walked.

“Promise me something.” He said once they came to a stop, waiting in the line for a new drink.

“Hmm?” Tori responded, looking at him.

“That you’re not going to stick around and be my friend.” He made air quotation marks with his fingers while saying the word friend. “Because I’m in All Time Low or anything.”

The girl shook her head. “Oh hell no!” She said in a disgusted tone, but obviously joking. “You could be in freakin’ Blink 182, and I still wouldn’t be your friend if you were a shitty person.”

Jack chuckled. “Well good. But how do you know if I’m a shitty person or not?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Well I don’t. But you seem decent so far. But, I guess for a safer bet I’ll just have to find out myself now won’t I?”

“Well I guess that means you’ll just have to spend more time with me.” Jack said, raising his eyebrows.

“I’m afraid so.” Tori shot back flirtatiously, licking her lips. Jack smiled at her response, eyes lighting up.

“Really?” He sounded excited, but tried not to make it obvious.

Tori nodded her head with a chuckle. “Yeah really. I know I know, so hard to believe that someone as cool as me wants to spend time with you. I completely get it, go ahead and fangirl.” She teased, sticking her tongue out.

Jack playfully rolled his eyes. “Coming from the girl who freaked when she found out I was part of All Time Low.”

Tori feigned an offended look, and hit him lightly. “I did not freak out, I was just surprised.” She defended.

Jack didn’t take it, of course. “Yeah, sure.” He stretched out the u syllable in the word.

“Hate you.” She groaned, but with a grin on her face.

“Y’know you said you didn’t want to be my friend if I were a shitty person, but I think the real problem is that you’re just a mean person.” Jack smirked.

Just as she was going to respond with yet again another snarky but playful remark, it was finally her turn to get a drink. She filled her cup up with Moutain Dew again and turned away from the table. “Well if I’m such a mean person you might want to leave now.”

“I never said mean was a bad thing.” Both teens smiled, and went on to enjoy the part together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas! I figured I'd be nice and post this today, so yeah. Here! Happy holidays this is my gift to you haha. I think it's safe to say that you guys like this at least a little bit, so that makes me happy! :) I started writing chapter five and I'll get that up soon okay? In the meantime don't forget to comment and rec and sub and all that good stuff if you like this because that all means the world to me. You guys just taking your time out to read this means the world to me I love you all okay?
Make sure you smile and be happy and I hope you all have a wonderful day, night, afternoon, evening, whatever it may be out in your timezone. Love you all so much!
-Soniaxo