Status: Completed. Comments = sequel.

Hiatus

Letters

"Mother fucker." I said while searching on the internet. I saw an article about Green Day and how they were going on a 'hiatus'. What the fuck? They aren't supposed to take a break or call it quits. I mean, I understand them, y'know, like quitting for a year or so, but when they announce it, it's bad.
Let me introduce you to myself. I'm Trish, an awkward socialite. I am the slutty-looking version of a loser. I'm short, really short. Like 4'9 short. My hair is a dirty dish-water blonde, and even though it compliments my green eyes, it looks trashy, hence why I dye my hair. I have zero friends, none. It doesn't necessarily bother me, but creeps up when I'm alone.
Billie Joe Armstrong saved my life. I was six years old when I first listened to them, roller skating in my kitchen. I heard his voice singing 'Good Riddance' and I just fell in love. My life has been a depressing roller coaster, going up and down. Green Day has explained the events in my life well and they have given me the strength to say 'fuck you' to everything and everyone who hurts me.
Almost everyday, I try to find Billie's address, but I never find the correct one. I send a letter to him maybe once a month and somehow, it's always returned to sender. I see it as almost pointless, but y'know, I can dream for a reply, right? When I write to him, it's usually telling him how much his music means to me and what it's done to help me, but this last letter, I wrote something different.
Dear Billie,
What the fuck are doing going on a 'hiatus'? Like what the hell does that even mean? You guys have never announced your breaks, which makes me worry. Get your fucking head straight and think about us. Think about all the die-hard fans who are literally thinking about killing themselves because it could be ten or twenty years before you guys make a comeback. I know you guys have families and yada yada yada, but I mean, come on! Now that I'm finished, you can grow old doing nothing except holding up a big 'fuck you' to the rest of us.
Thanks,
Trish
It might be a bit harsh, but Billie taught me to be that way. I sent him that letter in anger because, they may just be breaking up. My worst fear.
"Trish!" My mother screamed up the wooden stairs. I walked down the creaky steps to her holding a piece of mail. "You got this in the mail today." She said, waving it in my face.
My eyes widened as I didn't see a return label. I yanked it from her hand and just stared at it. He had written his name and address in the top left-hand corner. My eyes stung with tears as I ripped the white paper open.
Trish,
Who do you think you are? I think that it's my band and my choice if I want to take a break or not. Yes, my family is most of the reason for this and they should be. I'm away from them for months or even years, trying to please you selfish people. I don't write my music for you, I write it for me. We will make a comeback, sooner than you think. So be patient, okay?
Thanks,
Billie Joe
I ran upstairs and started tossing clothes and junk into my suitcase.
"Where are you going?" My mother asked, being quite annoying.
"I'm leaving, Ma. I know where he is now."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter...let me know if you want anything changed for the future. Xoxo