Status: Completed. Comments = sequel.

Hiatus

Papers

"Oh, shit." Billie said and he looked at me like he was about to cry.
"What's wrong?" I walked up to him and looked what was in his hand. Divorce papers. I felt bad. Really bad. "Oh, Billie, I'm sorry." I hugged him and I felt him shake. I heard him sniffle and I felt my shirt start to get damp. I held him in my arms for over two hours and all he did was cry. I don't mean to sound selfish, but it made me feel like I wasn't enough.
Finally, Billie sat up from my soaking wet shoulder.
"Sorry." He wiped his nose and just looked at me.
"It's okay. It's just a shirt, y'know." I seen his smile line crinkle just a bit. I smiled back at him. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked him, knowing his answer.
"No. I can't eat right now." He went into his bedroom and slammed his door. I felt awkward so I went out to the guesthouse and laid in the big bed. Alone. I had gotten so used to Billie being somewhere virtually close to me this past week. I accidently fell asleep and when I woke, it was dark. I shot up from the bed and ran into the house.
"Billie?" I crept inside. I seen a note on the table.
Trish,
I went for a drive. I made dinner, it's on the counter. Thanks for just being here for me, I guess. See you in a few.
Xoxo,
Beej
I smiled at it. I picked it up and went back out to the guesthouse. I folded the note neatly and placed it in a safe pocket inside my suitcase. I would keep this forever.
A few minutes later, I heard a car pulling in the drive. I walked slowly into the house and met him at the door.
"You ok?" I asked him shyly.
"Yeah, now that I've relaxed and of course, now that you're here." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I heard his heartbeat through his chest and I listened to the rhythm. It felt like it was years before he let me go because I think I was enjoying it too much.
"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked me, walking into the living room. I nodded.
We sat down when I thought of the man last night.
"Billie, when you left, this guy came into the house. I hid from him and he left empty-handed." I said, bluntly.
He laughed loudly. "That was Joey!" He held his stomach, still laughing. I felt so dumb.
"Well, I couldn't see!" I joined his laughing party. It made me feel a bit better knowing it was just his son.
We ended up watching The Shawshank Redemption and Crazy, Stupid, Love. Good movies, I suppose.
We sat in silence for a few minutes.
"I want a dog." Billie said, randomly. I laughed at him.
"A dog? Why?"
"Because, I want a dog!" He playfully yelled.
"Well, let's go to the freakin pet shop!" I jumped up and raced him to the car.
We got to Jack's Pets and walked into the stench of dog. We looked around for about an hour before Billie looked at this puppy. She was a boxer and blue-heeler.
"This one. I love her already." The dog shrunk down, like she had been beaten.
"Get her then." He agreed and told the worker. She was only a hundred bucks.
"Hmm...she looks like a Daisy." I looked at him confused. "Her name, silly." He flung his hands and I laughed. I nodded and Daisy was adopted.
We got home and all Daisy did was lay on the couch. She was very shy and timid of Billie. I cuddled her up on the couch while Billie still attempted to get her to play.
"Billie, she's scared." I said to him.
"Why, though?"
"I think she was beaten or something. Every time I raise my hand, she flinches." I looked at her sad brown eyes.
"We wil fix her." He smiled and rubbed the top of her head. I walked into the kitchen and got out the puppy food Billie and I bought on the way home. I opened the can and I heard Daisy run. She devoured the whole can in fifteen seconds.
"Fuck, she's starving." I almost cried, watching her eat. I gave her another can and she destroyed that one as well. I figured that was enough.
I laid down the wool doggy-bed we bought in Billie's room, right beside his bed. She sat in it, but I don't think she exactly knew what it was for. I called her up on the bed but she couldn't jump high enough. I picked her up and she yelped and started crying. I sat her down beside me and she stayed in the spot where I laid her. She wouldn't move. She finally snuggled up to me when I heard Billie's footsteps and I seen his silhouette in the doorway. He was naked. I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life. He got onto the bed and I drooled. Literally.
"It's time." My heart raced at the thought. I was about to have sex with Billie Joe Armstrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. Right?