Status: Completed. Comments = sequel.

Hiatus

Court

"How do I look?" Billie asked me as he straightened out his tie.
"Very nice." I smiled. Billie had court today for the divorce. He looked at me with sad eyes. I couldn't imagine being with someone for that long and just leaving.
I pulled up to the courthouse ten minutes early. Billie kissed me quickly and hopped out. He walked slowly up the the big door and hesitated as he looked at me. He shuffled his feet and began walking. I waited in the car for at least forty-five minutes when I seen Billie. Behind him, a crazy-eyed woman followed swinging her authentic Prada purse like she was hot-shit. I heard muffled screams. Adrienne was yelling at Billie. But why? She was the one who filed for this divorce. It was her fault. Billie quickly got into the car and Adrienne and I made eye-contact. She stared at me with her dark, brown eyes.
"Go." Billie said sternly. I still stared.
"Go!" Billie yelled as I threw it in reverse and sped out of the parking lot.
"What happened?" I asked him.
"She went nuts on me. But, it's done." He looked calm now.
"Good..." I though about Adrienne's eyes. She looked frightened, very frightened. I couldn't figure out why she looked so scared.
Billie and I got home and there was Joey's car in the drive way.
"Joey's here." Billie said blandly.
We walked into the house and Joey was sitting on the couch watching tv.
"Hey, Joe."
"Hey, Dad." That's it? The end of their conversation? Silence took over for about ten minutes. Joey's eyes crept on me back and forth.
Finally, I said something. "I'm Trish, by the way." I stuck out my hand.
"Hey, Trish. I'm Joey." He shook my hand and sat back down, with no expression. I looked at Billie, who had a bland face as well.
"Okay, what the fuck is going on?" I asked.
"I don't know, ask Joey." Billie said in a smartass tone. I looked to Joey.
"Mom and Dad are getting a divorce. That's what the fuck is going on."
"Joseph!" Billie yelled at his son.
"What, dad? I can't cuss? I'm eighteen years old. Now that you and mom aren't even my fucking parents anymore, I do as I please. Mom is always out at the bar and you're always doing...well, nothing! You don't do anything anymore." Joey slammed the door as he walked out.
"Sorry." I said to Billie.
"Just, don't." He said to me, almost making me cry. I never imagined Billie yelling and the sight of it made my heart hurt. I sat down on the couch and felt tears fill my eyes. I tried not to let them go, but I couldn't stop it. They started streaming down my face as I put my hands over my face. I sobbed out loud for about ten minutes and I looked up to see Billie.
"What the fuck are you crying about? I'm not the perfect man you expected? Am I not good enough now? Am I the bad guy?"
"No, Billie. I'm worried about you, that's all." I said nicely.
"No! No one fucking worries about me. I'm a grown man! No one needs to fucking worry!" He stormed out of the room. "And get out!" My heart dropped straight to my feet. I walked to Billie's room and got my suitcase. I shoved it full of my clothes and walked to the door. I took a glance at him, crying. He was sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands.
"Goodbye, Billie." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. I heard him stop and then begin again. I shut the door behind me and walked to my car.
I didn't know where I was supposed to go. I didn't have any people I knew here. What was I supposed to do? Billie just kicked me out after all the things he's said to me. Fucking liar. Liar liar liar! I began crying again as I drove down the road. I stopped on the shoulder and parked my car. I cried for at least three hours when I seen a familiar face.
"Tre?" I said quietly.
"Why, yes, that is my name. What's the matter?" He did a puppy-dog face, which made me smile.
"My...uh, boyfriend broke up with me." I wiped my nose with my sleeve.
"Aww, sweetie, he's an asshole. There are more fish in the sea." He smiled a goofy smile. I thought about Billie and the tears started in again. "Don't cry." He put me in a tight hug.
"Tre..." I said to him.
"What sweetie?"
"Um, my boyfriend," I paused.
"Yeah?"
"My boyfriend was Billie Joe Armstrong."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think? :,,(