Carry You Home.

three

McKinley woke up to the room door opening then being kicked shut. She didn't bother opening her eyes, she was too happy to be brought back to reality. It wasn't until she felt a pair of lips being pushed against her bare shoulder blade. She smiles and gives a sigh of content.

"Morning, I got doughnuts and coffee," Josh said in her ear.

McKinley rolled onto her back allowing the covers to slip off her chest. She didn't care not after last night. Not until she saw Josh looking down at her with a confused and hurt expression on his face. McKinley looked down to see what was worrying him only to find large marks caused by his mouth on her chest.

McKinley watched as Josh pushed the covers back even further until he saw the ten individual bruises caused by each of his fingers. His brows furrows as she felt his fingers brush lightly against them.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked.

"No!" McKinley said quickly, sitting up and bringing the covers up until they hide all of the evidence from last night. "I just bruise easily. I promise, you didn't hurt me at all. It felt good.”

"Are you sure?" Josh was still confused.

"Yes," she said quickly again. She reached up to put a hand around the back of his neck and pulled him closer to her until their lips met. "You were prefect last night, it was, and you felt amazing."

"Positive?" He asks again.

"Want me to prove it to you again?" McKinley pressed her lips against Josh's throat.

"As much as I would love that, I don't have any condoms," she felt him groan.

"That's too bad," she placed another kiss on his lips before pulling away. "Where are the doughnuts?"

"I didn't know what kind you liked so I just got an assortment," Josh pushed the box of doughnuts from the near the edge of the edge towards her.

She opened up and chose a circular one at random; it was custard filled.

They sat in silence as they ate their fill of doughnuts, Josh fully clothed while McKinley only had a a sheet wrapped around her body that would fall into her lap every time she moved, so she left it there, even though the bruises made Josh feel bad. He didn't mean to hurt her, and he believed her when she said that he didn't but that didn't mean the uneasy feeling in his gut went away.

McKinley left Josh to watch the TV as she showered. She didn't spend long under the water, before she was turning the nob to turn off the water and stepping into the room with a towel wrapped around her body.

Josh tried to ignore McKinley as she let her towel drop onto the floor around her feet. He did his best to keep his eyes glued to the TV but even then he could see her reflection on the glass. He gave up trying to look anywhere else but at her and watched as she slides the straps of her white bra up her arms and secures it around her back. McKinley pulled a matching pair of boy short underwear up her legs before taking a skirt with daises on it. She didn't turn around until her white crop top skimmed the hem of the skirt, leaving only a small patch of her stomach showing.

"I see that you're happy to see me," McKinley giggled, pointing out Josh's growing erection.

"Your fault," he grumbled adjusting himself.

McKinley slipped into a pair of wedged sandals after packing the rest of her things. Josh took both of her bags to the rental car as she checked out of the hotel. Then off they went, Josh behind the wheel as McKinley sat shotgun.

"I lied," McKinley said after a while of being in the car.

"About what? Did I hurt you, really?" Josh whips his head to look at her.

"Focus on the road, mister. For the last time, no you did not hurt me."

Josh turns his attention back to the road. "Then what did you lie about?"

"Well I didn't exactly lie, but while I was looking you up I realized that I have seen one of your movies."

"What one?"

"RV. I'm pretty sure it was the last movie I ever saw in a theater and I was like twelve or something. I remember though, that I thought thuglet Carl was cute, despite his ill-fitting clothes and choice of jewelry."

"Well as long as you thought I was cute, how about now? My clothes fit and I don't own any chains," Josh joked.

"I think you turned out alright," McKinley shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright, just alright? My mom thinks I'm handsome."

"I'm just kidding." McKinley leaned over the center console, putting her lips up to Josh's ear, "I find you incredibly attractive."

McKinley allowed her lips to drop to his neck where she put repetitive kisses in a single spot.

"You're going to make me wreck," Josh said with a husky tone.

McKinley smirked, finding herself back in seat. They were almost at Josh's parents’ house. McKinley didn't know how she was going to say good bye. She just met this guy, less than twenty-four hours ago, and Josh has managed to get a vise like grip around her heart.

For Josh, he didn't necessarily believe in love at first sight, or destiny. But that was because he never experienced it before, at least not until now. With McKinley he wanted show her off to the world, tell everyone that she was taken off the market by him, even though she wasn't even his.

Josh pulled into his parent’s driveway, cutting the ignition and handing the keys to McKinley. "Want to meet my parents?"

"Is that a good idea?"

"Why not?"

"What will you tell them? 'Hey this is the girl I ditched my brother and friend for so we could do it. What's her last name? Oh, I have no idea.'" McKinley did her best impression of Josh.

"What's your last name?"

"Joseph."

"Now I can tell them when they ask. You're originally from Philly, you graduated high school early, the day you turned eighteen you decided to travel around the United States. Anything else I should know?" Josh rattles off a short list of things he has found out about her so far.

"They're going to know we slept together," McKinley grumbled, not wanting to get out of the car. She didn't like people having judged her before they got to know her.

"So?"

"They're going to assume that I'm some gold digger or something. They'll think that I slept with you for your name."

"Why did you sleep with me?"

"I don't know?" McKinley looked down at her fingers twisting in her lap. Josh grabbed her hands to stop her; it's what she did to him while they had lunch at the horse track. McKinley looked up at him to see his bright smile.

"My parents are pretty cool, and they're looking out at us through the window so you might as introduce yourself."

McKinley and Josh looked up to the window to see four faces peering out from behind the curtain. Two of the faces McKinley recognized as Avan and Connor, she assumed that the other two were Josh's parents.

"Fine, but only for a few minutes. Then I'm leaving." Only she didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay until Josh kicked her out.

Josh smiled, he'd convince her to stay for lunch, then possibly for dinner. Josh would then claim that it's too late, or too dark for her to be driving by herself and that she should stay the night. He'd hide the keys to her car if he absolutely had to.

Josh put his arm around McKinley's waist as he opened the front door leading into his parents' house. They were all standing there waiting for them, not trying to hide their nosiness.

"Hey guys, this is McKinley. She's going to have lunch with us," Josh said to his parents.

"Oh no, I can only stay a few minutes. Josh just wanted me to meet you two."

Josh's mom smiled, "No, stay for lunch. Traffic is always bad this time of day. It'll be much lighter after lunch. My name is Michelle and this is my husband Chris."

McKinley stuck out her hand for Michelle and Chris to shake. "It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Hutcherson."

"Oh please, it's Chris and Michelle," Chris said with a friendly tone.

Michelle whisked McKinley towards the couch after offering her something to drink. It was weird for McKinley to be sitting at Josh's parents’ house, considering to circumstances. It was weird having everyone sitting around the coffee table eating lunch, everyone talking and laughing as if this was normal; it wasn't normal.

McKinley excused herself to go use the bathroom, but really she just needed to get a grip on reality. She wasn't used to the sudden contact of so many people; she's stayed clear of even her parents for almost a year.

McKinley lifted her top and pulled down her skirt until the bruises on her hips were visible. They'd worse before they got any better. Right now they were tender to the touch, and every time Josh put his hand on her waist, she had to do everything in her power not to wince. She didn't want to make Josh feel worse, because it honestly didn't hurt at the time.

When McKinley walked out of the bathroom she ran face first into Connor who was coming out of the room across the hall. "Oh, sorry," she said quickly.

"I wasn't watching where I was going." They stared at each other for a long while before Connor said something else. "Josh isn't normally like this. He's never really been private about his personal life but he's never been like this?"

"How is this like?"

"Very forward. He likes you, a lot."

"But he doesn't know me."

Connor shrugged his shoulders. "Josh normally has good instincts about people. If Josh is this taken with you, you must be something special."

Josh came into the hallway just as Connor quit speaking. "Hey what's going on?"

"What does it look like? I'm obviously wooing McKinley with my moves," Connor laughs loudly then pushes past Josh to head down the hall and back down the stairs where the rest of his family still were.

"I have to go Josh," McKinley said quietly.

"Why?"

"Why should I stay?"

"Because I want you to. We have some sort of chemistry, and unless you're already involved with someone I would like to see what that chemistry is."

"No, I'm not involved with anyone."

"Then what's the big deal?"

McKinley looked at Josh, desperation was written all over his face, and he didn't try to hide it at all. That only made things harder for her. "This wasn't in my plans."

"You want to go see the rest of the states?"

"Yeah," she says obviously.

"I can come with you. We can get to know each other in the meantime. I'll take you to a Reds game in Ohio then we can fly to Washington and have dinner in the Space Needle. After that I can show you whatever you want in California. I can show you Disneyland, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Universal, the Hollywood sign, we can go to the zoo, or go to the pier."

"I want to tour Alcatraz at night," she tells him truthfully.

"Yes! We can do that."

McKinley paused. She loved the idea of getting to know Josh, seeing the rest of the state with him. But she's guarded herself away from people for so long, she doesn't know if she'll be able to do it.

"Come on, and if you get sick of me, I'll leave. I promise."

She hesitated but eventually gave in when Josh gave her a pleading look. He smiled widely, pushing her gently against the bathroom and pressed his lips with hers. She wanted to disappear at that moment, go somewhere else so it was just the two of them.

"You're staying?" Josh asks into her mouth.

"I'm staying," McKinley confirms.

"Avan is going to be pissed that he has to sleep on the couch."
♠ ♠ ♠
Some of you may think that this is moving too fast but it's important to the plot of this story, trust me.
Tell me what y'all think.
I'm so excited for the next chapter.