Carry You Home.

nine

McKinley booked a flight back to Philadelphia on the long drive back to Josh's for the next day. She didn't have the nerve to tell Josh, not yet. Not until her things were packed and there was a cab waiting for her to take her to the airport. If McKinley told Josh now, he'd talk her out of leaving, he'd talk her into telling her why she needed to leave in the first place, he'd convince her to allow him to tag along with her, or something.

McKinley stuffed all her things that have been scattered over Josh's room into her two suitcases as Josh showered the next day. Just as she pulled her shoes on Josh walked out of the bathroom, a trail of hair leading from his navel to disappear under a white towel that hung loosely around his hips, revealing the small script tattoo.

She liked kissing his tattoos. The Libra tattoo on the inside on his wrist, the large anchor on his left side, the ship that takes up the space in between Josh's shoulder blades. McKinley remembered Josh telling her why he got them and that when he became more established in the entertainment industry that he'd get more. She joked with him that she wanted her face to take up his entire right ass cheek, simply because she loved his ass and wanted to mark her territory.

"You left me hanging; I had to take care of myself. I didn't like it," Josh joked, dropping the towel and stepping into a pair of boxers.

"Sorry," she murmured, reverting her eyes to Driver, who was sleeping on the bed.

"Where are you going?" Josh looked down at the shoes she was wearing then turned to the bags that sat at the end of the bed. He looked around his room, all evidence that she'd been taking up residency vanished, and panic began to set in. "McKinley, please tell me you were just cleaning up."

"Yeah, I was just cleaning up," she told him, petting Driver between his ears.

"Are you lying to me?"

"Do you want me to?" McKinley answered Josh's question with a question of her own, avoiding his eye contact all together.

"No," he whispered.

"Then yeah, I was lying to you, about cleaning up."

"So where are you going?"

McKinley didn't answer him; she didn't take her watering eyes off of the still sleeping dog that she was still petting.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked again trying to still his voice. "Look at me!" he said harshly, stepping forward grabbing McKinley's face with both of his hand when she refused to look at him.

Tears streamed down McKinley's face and Josh's jaw hardened as he clenched his teeth. The cab would arrive within the next hour, so now was a good of time as any to tell Josh that she was leaving, but she'd rather be a coward and leave when he wasn't looking.

"I'm leaving," McKinley steadies her voice, pulling her face out of Josh's grasp.

"Why?"

"I've seen what I wanted to see, it's time to move on."

"What about me? What about us?"

"Josh, there is no us."

"That's fucking bullshit," he shouted.

"Josh, do you honestly think that this would actually work? Yeah, right now is amazing but what happens when you go back to work or you start promoting Catching Fire? What will happen when there are rumors that you're hooking up with your costars, or people start accusing me of using you to get my five seconds of fame? I'll become insecure and the feelings that you think that you have now will fade away and we'll have a horrible break up and I'll sell whatever I know to the tabloids just to spite you."

"You'd do that?" he asked in shock.

"No, I'd never sell you out, I'm not like that. But I could, you don't know me."

"You always say that, I don't know you. But I do, I know exactly who you are."

"Who am I then?"

"You're a girl that's terrified to let anybody in, I don't know why, but you don't think you deserve to be happy or something. But you do, McKinley, because you are honestly the most amazing person I've ever met. I love you."

"You don't-"

"I swear to God if you try to tell me how I feel," Josh shook his head, still in nothing but his boxers.

"I'm leaving, Josh."

"What did I do wrong?"

That's not what McKinley wanted. She didn't want Josh to think that it was him to blame for her sudden need to leave. It was all her fault, no one else's. "It's not you. You are so perfect, too perfect. I'm so glad that I got to meet you, I'm glad that I got to develop these feelings for you, it's cliquish but you changed my life. Thank you," McKinley reached on her tip toes and placed a series of small kisses on Josh's lips.

Josh snatched her up, placing his hands on her bottom and lifting her legs until they were wrapped around his middle, deepening the kiss by sticking his tongue deep into her mouth almost frantically. McKinley allowed it, since this would be the last time they would kiss. She ran her fingers into his damp hair, pulling him closer to her, hoping to fulfill crave she had for him.

But she had to end it, pulling away from Josh, untangling herself from his strong body. "Good bye, Josh."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short one.
Comment and all that fun stuff, it makes me happy!