Status: CAUTION: AU AHEAD

The New York Halifax League

one.

A man, no older than his mid-twenties, exited a building in downtown Manhattan. Dressed in a tailored suit with dark curls just a little unkempt, he looked like any other young businessman trying to muddle through the day. It was a Wednesday, just after lunch, and he’d come from a meeting that he’d desperately hoped would have ended differently.

Commissioner Bettman was ready to lockout each of the 30 teams he had working throughout the United States and Canada that did his dirty work. The NHL – the New York Halifax League – was more secret than the CIA, the NSA, and the FBI combined. Some of the executives were thrilled at the prospect of making more money, while the agents, the pawns in their chess game, were worrying over keeping their jobs.

The talks had been ongoing between the league and the union for the last two months. But now, nearing their looming deadline, it seemed a lockout was inevitable. The question was why. Was it just for money? For the sheer pleasure of seeing field agents of every level forced to do nothing but sit on their asses while a group of old men tried sorting out their fates?

Or were there other motives?

The young man wasn’t giving himself much time to think, as he was already dialing a familiar number on his phone. He wanted to get home, to Pittsburgh, where his wife and daughter waited. He’d been in New York for a weekend and already he was exhausted.

“Hey, Jon, it’s me, Sid. You remember that thing we talked about? It’s time, man. We have to do something. It’s now or never.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


Sidney Crosby was a private man; the woman tailing him knew that much and much, much more. He wasn’t hard to read, at least, not for her.

She wasn’t quite sure what he had planned, but she had a general idea. One thing that was for sure was that she needed to get to Pittsburgh right away.

But maybe a visit to Uncle Gary was in order first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one!! I'm super excited about this story and have a really good idea of what I want to do with it. I spent forever putting the character page together, so you should go check it out. Also, linked on the summary page, is the GIF set that gave me some inspiration for this. You should definitely check it out. It links to my tumblr, btw. *hint,hint*

Leave me some comments and let me know what you think! Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!